watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol - will he walk?

Started by ffc73, August 12, 2013, 10:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

He is clearly frustrated and seemingly is unable to do anything about it. 

For "it", read transfers and/or getting the best out of what he has. 

If you are unhappy in your job how long will you stick it for?

Anybody think that Jol will do a Martin O'Neil and walk a day or two  before the season opener?

Lighthouse

He will walk IF he feels the club have not provided him with the players in the positions he feels are important. I don't think it will do his reputation any good at all if we play like we did with little consistant threat in the final third. This has nothing to do with goals scored or conceded but threat value.

Jol may wait until Christmas knowing that he may well be asked to go if things go badly wrong. Jol will not face another season without the players he needs as the players he has have been unable to work out what it is he wants.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FTID

If he does would anyone take Danny Murphy as a manager? He basically ran the club when Sparkey was here.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FTID on August 12, 2013, 10:47:02 AM
If he does would anyone take Danny Murphy as a manager? He basically ran the club when Sparkey was here.

Not sure how much of that was true. But a caretaker manager is a possible but I would have hoped we have moved on from trying untried managers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

If we do not play well in the next couple of months he will either go himself or be sacked.

I personally think we have decent enought players but they are not played to their full potential in the right formations and positions
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Putney

Quote from: FTID on August 12, 2013, 10:47:02 AM

No, club playing legends rarely translate their success to a managerial role. I don't want Murphy's image at the club to be tainted by an underwhelming managerial career.

MJG

If I could see a plan, a style, or something to show we are working on the training field, then I would have more patience with him.
At the moment i feel just as I did towards the end of last season. If he walks I really could not care less.

RaySmith

Jol  seemed positive after first meting Khan - there was talk of money to spend and the club exploring several options --after our  good signings made immediately after last season ended, which should strengthen us defensively.

Bent seemed  very close to signing, but that has gone quiet, with a report linking him with Palace.

Jol seems despondent now, and although friendlies shouldn't be a yardstick to judge the team, we still seems short of an attacking threat to our game.

I think Taarabt  will help in this, but we are short of strikers of quality - only having Berba who can score.

Still, a good start to the season will cheer fans up and boost the team's confidence confidence. Let's hope for battling display at Sunderland, and at least a point.

sumofallparts

He won't walk.........
He will wait till Xmas and be sacked (i.e. negotiate a nice big pay off in lieu of the rest of his contract), unless he has a clause in his contract that if he hasn't met XX amount of points he forfeits this, in that case he will resign late November.
Just my best guess.

RaySmith

Perhaps we will do well and Jol will be offered a new contract.

Forever Fulham

I agree with almost all of the comments in this thread.  We are not improved enough to avoid the relegation scare experienced last season.  Jol didn't keep who he needed to keep.  He hasn't got the best out of who he has.  The playing style is plodding.  We didn't get the improvements in key positions the team needed.  It does seem like just sticking around the bottom half of the Prem is the goal.  But even that remains in doubt.  I am pulling away from Jol and anticipating real danger.  Kahn hasn't stepped up with his wallet in any telling manner.  What is going on?

filham

The Telegraph today is indicating that Jol is one of the premier manager favourites for an early sacking, second only to Pardew.

A nice humorous slant in the Telegraph is that they suggest we should concentrate our spending on the replacement of the Jackson statue and on a butler for Berbatov. Can't help but agree these would be wiser investments than £11m on another Ruiz.

jarv

Won't walk if he still has a contract. Nice work if you can get it. How many of us have had contracts which get paid in full (or a huge percentage) and get the sack for doing a crap job. I expect he will wait til xmas (panic buying season)  even as his odds shorten.

Forever Fulham

Ruiz shined in a different league.  Is it Jol's fault that Bryan has disappointed in effectiveness in the Prem?  Maybe not.  Would Bryan shine again with a different cast around him, and a different style of play embraced by the manager?  Maybe.  I do not blame Jol for Ruiz's lack of effectiveness.  Don't have enough facts.

RaySmith

Bryan  looked great in Costa Rica --against inferior opposition, and I think that is the crux of the matter.

He has struggled with the pace and physicality of the Prem, but having  said that he has put a lot of effort in, and has improved, and been an important player for us.

But yes, he might do better in a better team.

jarv

On American tv, 2 pundits (ex premier league players) were giving their opinion on all teams. Comments were along the lines of everything said here..."Fulham will be looking over their shoulder trying to avoid relegation, they were in the scrap last season and Jol, despite signing a few decent players, has not addressed the problems"

RaySmith

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 12, 2013, 12:34:15 PM
I agree with almost all of the comments in this thread.  We are not improved enough to avoid the relegation scare experienced last season.  Jol didn't keep who he needed to keep.  He hasn't got the best out of who he has.  The playing style is plodding.  We didn't get the improvements in key positions the team needed.  It does seem like just sticking around the bottom half of the Prem is the goal.  But even that remains in doubt.  I am pulling away from Jol and anticipating real danger.  Kahn hasn't stepped up with his wallet in any telling manner.  What is going on?

We don't know what is happening re Khan and money for transfers.

The club has a stated ambition of getting into the top ten.

Jol has brought in some good players in key positions, as he has done since he arrived, working on a restricted budget, and got rid of players who were becoming past it and surplus to requirements.

Don't just think getting rid of Jol is the answer - we could do a lot worse with whoever might be brought in.

ToodlesMcToot

The only real evidence we have are comments given by our chairman and our manager.

Our chairman has said that Jol and Mac have a plan and have had a plan for investment into players for this season and going forward. This suggests that they are working hand in hand and that Jol is not being denied the players he has voiced a need for - at least not internally.

Our manager continues to state needs, but they are obvious to everyone which is why I think he's stating them. It's something that he can state and give to reporters without really giving them anything. There's no disadvantage to stating something so obvious that the MJ statue can see it - and he's not even facing the field.

I think he stays the season if it's up to him. If he's not living up to standard by the transfer window, I believe he'll get sacked.

I don't believe it'll come to that if we do the needed business in the transfer window.

Always troubles me that we leaves so much so late in our transfer dealings.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Ruiz11

More likely to be sacked than walk away.

Fulham76

Quote from: RaySmith on August 12, 2013, 12:25:56 PM
Perhaps we will do well and Jol will be offered a new contract.

Can you try & remain serious please?