News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the strangest place you've met another Fulham supporter?

Started by Southdowns White, August 12, 2013, 02:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Ive only been able to afford to go to one game in the 12 or so years ive been a fan (Sunderland last season, sorry!) and i actually found it strange being in the presence of so many others!

King_Crud

Quote from: Airfix on August 12, 2013, 03:46:12 PM
Resolute Bay in Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut in Canada's frozen north.  We were both doing a walk to the Magnetic North Pole.

yeah yeah, we've all been in that situation

MasterHaynes

The american  driver of a Hotel buggy who was driving us to our building from the reception in Orlando, was upto date with everything Fulham and was ot happy with Dempsey(it was about a month after he signed for Spurs)

Airfix

Quote from: King_Crud on August 12, 2013, 04:25:36 PM
Quote from: Airfix on August 12, 2013, 03:46:12 PM
Resolute Bay in Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut in Canada's frozen north.  We were both doing a walk to the Magnetic North Pole.

yeah yeah, we've all been in that situation

:005:

Can't deny it's unusual, surely?

Deanothefulhamfan

hahaha lava and ignite, now your bringing back the memorys, it was tokyo jo's before that used to love it there..... Is pizza city still around? Ah man I could talk to you all day about my time in preston at Uni.... best days of my life. I moved back down south to Bracknell ( near Reading ) but I have just currently moved out to Shanghai with my girlfriend....

As for you Putney, I cant remember the name of the complex, but the bar lady who I think was his wife was called Stella... Do you remember having your photo taken with anotuer fulham fan???? That would be weird

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 12, 2013, 04:49:02 PM
hahaha lava and ignite, now your bringing back the memorys, it was tokyo jo's before that used to love it there..... Is pizza city still around? Ah man I could talk to you all day about my time in preston at Uni.... best days of my life. I moved back down south to Bracknell ( near Reading ) but I have just currently moved out to Shanghai with my girlfriend....

As for you Putney, I cant remember the name of the complex, but the bar lady who I think was his wife was called Stella... Do you remember having your photo taken with anotuer fulham fan???? That would be weird

You left Preston for Shanghai? You're mad!

Pizza City is in fact still here. Opposite Micks Curry Pot which burnt down and has risen like a Phoenix!

Tokyo Jo's eh! Now you're going back! Haha. Been refurbed again and is now Evoque but still known as Toke's to all residents over 30!

Deanothefulhamfan

Well I left Preston for my home in bracknell.... Now let me tell you our town centre is as bad as yours.... BUT we do have a waitrose now so we are going up in the world :)

I used to love pizza city, you would find me in there 4 nights a week, haha....

My claim to fame happened in Preston when I went to See a bloke called Jamie T play at the union.... Supporting him was a girl who sat on a stool, played her guitar and sang incredibly despite having laryngitus.... That unknown who had a drink with me and my mate and was witnessed by 12 people, is none other than ADELE.... I would love to go back to Preston with my uni mates and have a right old piss up.... I bet the drinks have gone up in price though since I was there :(

Putney

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 12, 2013, 04:49:02 PM

Miami Seaview, Stella and Costa with their massive son who worked there too? The swimming pool had a Cherub p*ssing water as part of the water circulation. I honestly can't remember, was a hazy holiday. The Fulham fan was on holiday with a few Chelsea fans too IIRC.

Walsh

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 12, 2013, 02:47:22 PM
I live in Preston and I've only ever seen 2. One in a Tesco Home store and another just mooching through the town centre with his missus. Not very exciting but for someone surrounded by Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal fans it was a nice surprise.

Never seen one of us on holiday though...

I live in Preston and support Fulham,I may have been the Fulham fan in Preston, never seen a Fulham fan here myself.

Deanothefulhamfan

Hahahahaha thats the place....  Me and my mates went in July 2008, I was with a Charlton fan and and Arsenal fan... But think we met another group of lads who a couple were Chelsea.

If it is you which it sounds like it is, then I have photos of me and you holding the shirt on my facebook.... If not then that  is some crazy coincedence

Putney

Yeah, July 2008 it was. Well this is bizarre! I think I might have a photo of us in the main nightclub there called Trinity.

Deanothefulhamfan

How crazy is this.... My most random fulham fan I have ever met turns out to be a regular on FOF... Small world as they say....

Putney

Turns out it wasn't me! Not sure if you got my reply in PM. Can't see anything in the outbox.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Walsh on August 12, 2013, 05:19:24 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 12, 2013, 02:47:22 PM
I live in Preston and I've only ever seen 2. One in a Tesco Home store and another just mooching through the town centre with his missus. Not very exciting but for someone surrounded by Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal fans it was a nice surprise.

Never seen one of us on holiday though...

I live in Preston and support Fulham,I may have been the Fulham fan in Preston, never seen a Fulham fan here myself.

Where a outs are you? Aren't you on the outskirts? Briefly remember chatting to someone on here who lived nearby? May of been you if you're over 35 ish?

kempkong

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 12, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
Quote from: kempkong on August 12, 2013, 03:38:37 PM
I stopped a guy who I thought was out committing a burglary in the north east and whilst searching him I saw he had a ffc tattoo. We had some banter about the new owner etc. nice bloke.

You're a copper? And met a Fulham fan whilst searching him? If I've got this right that is brilliant!

Yeah it was quite bizarre. I was more interested in the fact that he was ffc fan than what he was doing wrong.

Berserker

Met a Fulham fan at Gateway Center at Cotswold Waterpark, he noticed my Fulham FC batch on my rucksack
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

OHfulhamfan

fulham traveller

not unusual but bearing mind we were crap then, in 1995 in Australia watching the test match at Adelaide, see a guy wearing a ffc shirt, always remind each other when we see each other, like the parma game for example, 2000 in tiganas champion winning season, I missed about 1 game in the whole, Barnsley away drew 0-0, I decided to go to Milan, went to see inter play udinese 1-1 draw, debated about wearing my ffc shirt, decided against it sat in the stands, looked to my right there was a guy wearing a ffc shirt, it was the first game he had missed in 7 years it was a fan quite well known by the name of ormondroyd

ffcbulgaria

I was watching the Swansea game online last season with the speakers on max volume for authenthic atmosphere. I live in shared house with lots of students from all over Europe so when the neighbours that were setting up a barbecue in the yard started knocking on my window - 2nd floor - with some kind of a rod.... I never expected one of them to ask me if I am a Fulham supporter and turned out he is one as well and even had a "Still Believe" tattoo on one of his arms.

I guess he's one of the german supporters but I hope he wasn't here for just a semester as the only other fan located in Austria (that I know of) lives on the wrong side of the country and it would be cool to watch the games in Fulham company every now and then.

I met a few fans at the Sofia airport as well... oh wait we played with CSKA the next day so guess it doesn't count ;)

Grimfang

I bought last years home shirt and decided to wear it into work a couple of weeks ago.  Here in Melbourne, Australia most people wouldn't recognise it.  One of the other employees did though.  We got to chatting about Fulham and Craven Cottage, she and her husband had starting following Fulham when they lived in London for a while (apparently he does post on here).