News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the strangest place you've met another Fulham supporter?

Started by Southdowns White, August 12, 2013, 02:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

The family and me were at the Falkirk Wheel last week and my 7 year old son suddenly said Dad look a boy wearing a Fulham Top. we said hello and found out his dad was originally from Falkirk but now lives in Staines and is a season ticket holder. I also met a Fulham supporter many years ago in a tiny Bar south of Perth Western Australia.

Northern Cottager

I live in Preston and I've only ever seen 2. One in a Tesco Home store and another just mooching through the town centre with his missus. Not very exciting but for someone surrounded by Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal fans it was a nice surprise.

Never seen one of us on holiday though...

Deanothefulhamfan

About 6 years ago I went on a lads holiday to Kavos.... the place was a dump, but in our small complex I found another Fulham fan. We got a photo taken with the fulham shirt and had a beer.... Im living in Shanghai at the moment, so Im on the hunt to find another fulham fan

Deanothefulhamfan

One of them could have been me.... I was at Uni there and often wore my Fulham shirt out.... Not on the weekends though it must be said, the locals didnt take to southerners and students very well

Jimpav

I was in Burma with my wife and daughter this March. We were driving through a small village near Lake Inle when I spotted a local guy wearing an old (05/06) home shirt - paired nicely with a Llonge - a traditional skirt that Burmese men wear. In my excitement I got our driver to stop the van and then our guide asked the gentleman if I could have my picture taken with him. He was very bemused until I whipped out an old season ticket that was in my wallet and realised the connection. It made my day and I guess he was pleased as he took the season ticket as a souvenir. I'll dig out the picture and see I can post it on here.

Another less random time was at a bar in Gamla Stan, Stockholm. I was watching England labour against Israel in a Euro qualifier when I heard a couple of very drunk Swedes singing about "Super Fulham, Super Fulham FC". Dedication given that we were in a worst state then than we are now!

rusty shackleford

I seen a guy in my hometown with a Fulham top on, didnt think there'd ever be another one here. But alas, he only liked the shirt.

General

I was travelling a while back independently for the first time and my first stop was Sri Lanka.

I arrived at night and despite being quite a confident bloke at home was somewhat nervous as you can imagine, that is until, in the cab on the way to the hotel I saw a Sri Lankan silhouette through the dark with a fulham shirt on.

I sat back, let a huge sigh of relief out and enjoyed my time there a lot more due to that first impression.

Haha.

Putney

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 12, 2013, 02:51:51 PM
About 6 years ago I went on a lads holiday to Kavos.... the place was a dump, but in our small complex I found another Fulham fan. We got a photo taken with the fulham shirt and had a beer.... Im living in Shanghai at the moment, so Im on the hunt to find another fulham fan

Was in Kavos around that time with a Fulham fan in my complex too. Remember what the place you stayed was called?

Vinnieffc

Not exactly exotic but I was shopping wearing my new home shirt in Asda Bexleyheath when I bumped into a bloke in the meat aisle wearing the same. We ended up hugging (in a manly sort of way) like long lost brothers and went for a beer to talk all things Fulham. As I said, not very exotic but rare in Millwall/Charlton/Crystal Palace territory..

Junichi

I live in Ireland, and you could probably count on your fingers and toes how many of us are around here. Everyone seems to support the big 4 (and Liverpool!)

The only real-life interaction I've had with another Fulham fan was at a match in 2010, when I talked for almost the whole of the half time break with some really nice old man, about when John Pantsil will be back from injury, and how much we miss him. A bit sad really that that's my only conversation with someone that shares my same passion. Maybe some of you should adopt me for the night when I'm over at a game next.

I've heard a few taxi drivers in the town I'm from, after asking me who I support while making idle chit-chat, refer to some co-worker that supports Fulham, although I've yet to meet him. I'm starting to think he's an urban legend to be honest.

I saw a guy in Dublin once who walked past me wearing an old track top (with the old crest) and in my hungover state, took me a few seconds to process it, then by the time I looked around he was gone, having drifted in to the sea of people on O'Connell st.

To be fair, he did look a bit shifty, and it could have been something bought for £2 in a charity shop, or something he stole of a washing line. Apologies in advance if you're somehow on here, but if you are, tidy yourself up a bit, son!

shnlwswlkr

I met quite a few at Craven Cottage once, it was mental, didn't expect it at all.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

callumc513

kempkong

I stopped a guy who I thought was out committing a burglary in the north east and whilst searching him I saw he had a ffc tattoo. We had some banter about the new owner etc. nice bloke.

mabster

I met Clankey, sometime poster in here in Sharm el sheik in feb this year, the 75 cup final shirt always garners kindred spirits , turned out Mrs c is a lavender from Merton which made us distant relations to boot

Airfix

Resolute Bay in Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut in Canada's frozen north.  We were both doing a walk to the Magnetic North Pole.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 12, 2013, 02:53:43 PM
One of them could have been me.... I was at Uni there and often wore my Fulham shirt out.... Not on the weekends though it must be said, the locals didnt take to southerners and students very well

I went out on the lash on Europa League final night. Only Fulham fan depressed in the corner of Lava Ignite, yuck. Where you based now?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: kempkong on August 12, 2013, 03:38:37 PM
I stopped a guy who I thought was out committing a burglary in the north east and whilst searching him I saw he had a ffc tattoo. We had some banter about the new owner etc. nice bloke.

You're a copper? And met a Fulham fan whilst searching him? If I've got this right that is brilliant!

atleTheodor

Well, I met an old, old man with a fulham shirt in a pub in Oslo (where I live) this summer. He was from Moscow. We had a chat, and he had been a supporter since 74, because he lived in London for a while at that time and fell in love with the team, he said. He was a funny man.

And, I am currently on holyday in Prague, and I met a guy yesterday who was a fulham fan, with a Berbatov shirt. He only started following FFC a couple of years ago, though, but still. There's mostly Real Madrid and Barcelona shirts around here, so I bought him a beer.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

MJG

Sometime around 1985/86 when we were at one of our lowest points.
I happened across less than a couple of thousand of us at Craven Cottage and we all wondered at the time WTF are we doing here.

cmg

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2013, 03:55:38 PM
Sometime around 1985/86 when we were at one of our lowest points.
I happened across less than a couple of thousand of us at Craven Cottage and we all wondered at the time WTF are we doing here.

...Yeah. And we've still got no bloody idea.