watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your First Game

Started by FTID, August 13, 2013, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTID

Just out of interest, what was your first football match that you watched? Mine was in the intertoto when i was 4, Fulham vs Egaleo Fc, a Greek side

The Old Count

Whites v Bolton at The Cottage '62 - '63 season. Boys enclosure 1/6 if I remember right.

See, I am a right old count....

Markffc123

fulham vs brentford-chris colemans debut -i think 1997-cant quite remember the score maybe have been 2-1 ffc

Airfix

Quote from: Markffc123 on August 13, 2013, 12:36:29 PM
fulham vs brentford-chris colemans debut -i think 1997-cant quite remember the score maybe have been 2-1 ffc

1-1.  Pesch equalised mid-way through the second half after Nigel Gleghorn had put the visitors 1 up at the break.

It was, indeed, Cookie's debut for Fulham.

whiteinedinburgh

Hearts vs Falkirk in 1992

Joe McDonald

Hampton and Richmond vs Croydon, in I think 1987, was a 4-2 win for Hampton and Richmond

General

Honestly can't remember, it was with my dad and I was young..

tommy

Quote from: Markffc123 on August 13, 2013, 12:36:29 PM
That was my first Fulham game too. Never looked back after that.

My first actual football match was England 4-0 Moldova in the same year. It was the game after Princess Diana had died and they played candle in the wind at wembley. All the lighters and candles in the stadium was amazing in that game.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Roma v Sampdoria 3-1...I was a Samp fan when I was a kid.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

ffctom_b

Fulham v Wimbledon 85 I think, Cliff Carr scored a 90th minute winner!
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

erk

Tottenham Hotspur v Man Utd 1967-68

Vinnieffc

Waterford 2 St Patricks Athletic 1 around 1978 at Lansdowne Road in the FAI cup final.  First Fulham game was a 1-1 draw against Spuds in the old 2nd division around the same time..

HatterDon

Luton Town v. Peterborough United, 1967
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BRNicholson

April 1989. Chester City 7-0 Fulham. Was only three so my dad decided to leave early; we missed the last two goals.  049:gif

Junichi

Celtic vs Dunfermline, 1996.

I was pretty young, but I remember it well. 5-1 to Celtic including a Pierre Van Hooijdonk 35 yard screamer of a free kick.

gerrys

September 1966, for the life of me cannot remember who it was against.................maybe I have the programme somewhere.................first football game would have been Woking, 5 to 10 years earlier.............

jmh

My first Fulham game was the 1-1 draw against Bolton in the first home match of 2006-07, after we'd been hammered 5-1 at Old Trafford to start the new season.  Jimmy Bullard equalized with a 90th minute penalty after El-Hadji Diouf had given Bolton the lead, also on a penalty, in the 73rd minute.  It was the first home Fulham match both for Bullard and Franck Queudrue.  

My first game was a MLS game at Giants Stadium a few years earlier but I don't remember any specifics.

jimmyc19

Fulham 3-2 Liverpool 2002 Not a bad first game

WhiteJC

Fulham 1 Arsenal 0 66/67, going to the game was my christmas present.
I can't remember if the game was boxing day or new years day, I only know I had to wait a short while for the next time we beat Arsenal at the Cottage  fp.gif

Fernhurst

Fulham 0-0 Ipswich ....... 1957

So forgive our irritability all you followers post MAF
There was a whole world of disappointment prior to 1997.

We still love em though, whoever wears the white.....

Terry Hurlock and Robin Lawler were a stretch though!!

FTID  
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.