watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People On Our Radar

Started by FFC1999, August 13, 2013, 11:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1999

Obviously like a lot of other people i am hoping we could bring in Chantome/Gargano and possibly Osvaldo but they are unlikely. These are the targets that we are/have been quite heavily linked with.

Brown@FFC

Well:

Enoh: good player, but not right sort of player atm.
Bent: wouldn't mind, not too fused if we miss out.
Deeney: convict, that is all.
Parker: not a bad player, don't like his age. Looks like the highly rumoured 'imminent arrival.
Sako: if we sell Frei, yes.

Ordar

Bent, no contest. As he's the only player on the list that fits an actual need of the team

FFC1999

Just seen his age:0 5 million for a 25 year old championship player who doesn't even seem proven.  :031:

zander

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 13, 2013, 11:51:08 PM
Well:

Parker: not a bad player, don't like his age. Looks like the highly rumoured 'imminent arrival.

From that list I'd have to go with Bent.

Isn't the Parker rumour just one tweet!? seems unlikely to happen in my opinion

Brown@FFC

Quote from: zander on August 13, 2013, 11:56:59 PM
Well:

From that list I'd have to go with Bent.

Isn't the Parker rumour just one tweet!? seems unlikely to happen in my opinion

In an hour, odds completely slashed. I'm expecting him to be the player.

JackyFulham90

Bent , Sako & Chantome we will finish top 10

Markffc123

expecting it to be parker-im unsure just like many others on this forum-he is a good player but its his age and also his wages and we need a creative midfielder not another brickwall midfield player that likes a tackle and passes backwards instead of forwards

i voted bent/who would not want bent-hes a proven goalscorer

Lighthouse

What's happened to my lovely club? Dembele and Dempsey leave we bring in Berbatov. Now we are looking at players like Scott Parker? I have no understanding why or what he will do for us. I am sure the experts on this site will tell me. But Parker? Not sure when I said I would be happy with any signing I expected our midfield squad to consist of Karagounis and Parker.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Not a believer of second chances, are you?

zander

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2013, 12:05:02 AM
What's happened to my lovely club? Dembele and Dempsey leave we bring in Berbatov. Now we are looking at players like Scott Parker? I have no understanding why or what he will do for us. I am sure the experts on this site will tell me. But Parker? Not sure when I said I would be happy with any signing I expected our midfield squad to consist of Karagounis and Parker.

I'm not overly keen on the thought of Parker myself. Although he would undoubtedly be a solid signing he'll be 33 in october and by next summer we'll be looking for a replacement again. I also don't really see how this move would be 'sustainable'. He'll command a decent fee, quite high wages and has no sell on value.

Classic94

Parker was a very useful player on his day, but his day was 2 or 3 seasons ago. His legs have gone and I'd much rather us be targeting younger alternatives.

The Bronsons

I wouldn't mind Parker in the same way I don't mind Karagounis: useful in the squad but god help us if that's supposed to be the answer to the areas where we are short.

At the moment we are one dodgy tackle on Berba away from relegation.

Texas White

The player we have missed the most is danny murphy, so its yes from me

Brown@FFC

Quote from: twang on August 14, 2013, 12:05:14 AM

Not a believer of second chances, are you?

Kicking someones head in, and he didn't have a wonder season last year. The further away he is from the Cottage the better.

Deanothefulhamfan

Sako, Enoh, Parker are not needed....  Bent is my preferred option over deeney as he has a decent amount of prem expierience....

None of these names excite me, parker is the best player but we have an abundance of defensive midfielders

RaySmith

Hoping for Bent most - we need a striker who can score besides Berba.

Re Parker - I think he could fill a good role, with his combative attitude and, importantly, leadership on the pitch.

Enoh is also a good, solid player who can do a good job for us.

Holders

Quote from: Classic94 on August 14, 2013, 12:19:19 AM
Parker was a very useful player on his day, but his day was 2 or 3 seasons ago. His legs have gone and I'd much rather us be targeting younger alternatives.

Parker was a fantastic player in his day, as you say, a few years ago now. I can't say that I was that excited when we got Danny Murphy but he showed his worth in spades. Parker seems the closest to the Morph replacement we've needed since even before Murph left - but we should have got him, or someone like him, then.

Having said that, if he comes I'll keep an open mind and presume that he's just keeping the shirt warm for Chris David in a year or two. There is an argument that youngsters need to have a prospect of stepping up, and not see someone blocking their route to the first team long term.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria