watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A question about the "3rd kit"

Started by fulhamfan, August 14, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfan

Now we play Sunderland away in less than 3 days and with both our current kits clashing with Sunderland's home strip, there must be a 3rd kit to be released. Why haven't the club released it already? They've had enough time to sell ones leading up to this game especially with the fixture list out 2 months ago??! It seems like the Fulham Marketing Team are a bunch of idiots. fp.gif

Anyone else a bit irked by this seemingly sloppy marketing?

Rhys Lightning 63

Happens every year, I'm surprised you're amazed by it
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

sussexwhite

There's another thread on here showing a leaked picture of 3rd shirt....purple/blue and orange.

WhiteJC

Quote from: sussexwhite on August 14, 2013, 05:36:22 PM
There's another thread on here showing a leaked picture of 3rd shirt....purple/blue and orange.

I think thats a goalie shirt, or maybe not...

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 14, 2013, 09:48:54 PM
Quote from: sussexwhite on August 14, 2013, 05:36:22 PM

I think thats a goalie shirt, or maybe not...

Is short sleeved and blue, rather than that..charcoal?

Fairly sure it's the yet-to-be-released 3rd kit :)

Agree though. Should have released by now.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamross on August 14, 2013, 04:31:49 PM
Now we play Sunderland away in less than 3 days and with both our current kits clashing with Sunderland's home strip, there must be a 3rd kit to be released. Why haven't the club released it already? They've had enough time to sell ones leading up to this game especially with the fixture list out 2 months ago??! It seems like the Fulham Marketing Team are a bunch of idiots. fp.gif

Can some one please explain how white shirts black shorts clash with red and white vertical stripes?

MOR :

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on August 14, 2013, 10:01:53 PM

Can some one please explain how white shirts black shorts clash with red and white vertical stripes?

Probably something to do with restricted view - I was in one of the restricted view riverside seats last weekend and I kept missing bits of the game - so I moved back to where I belong in the Hammy End
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

bmasar

They have black shorts, as well. That may be the kicker.

WhiteJC

Sheepskin Junior

It's for the officials, when a player in red and white stripes moves quickly, you may not be able to distinguish between that and plain white. It matters when it comes to the simple decisions of throw ins etc, but also vital to have two very different colours for incidents in the penalty area.

Bmasar is also quite right, they wear black shorts
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

WhiteJC

#takemethere

It's an exciting day for Fulham fans as Saturday afternoon's opening fixture of the 2013/14 Barclays Premier League campaign also marks the first wear of our brand new adidas Third Kit, as the boys sport blue against the Black Cats.

The new adidas Third Shirt will be available to buy online, at the Stadium Store, or direct on 0843 208 1223 from Monday 19th August.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/august/17/takemethere?

GoldCoastWhite

Not keen on that. Colours (for a 3rd kit) aren't an issue for me but I'm not a fan of the design at all, but I'll cheer for Fulham whatever colour they run out in  049:gif

God The Mechanic

Marathon have given all the away fans on the club coaches free shirts.  Pretty classy really.

And Boa Morte has been pulling pints.

Mhbruce

WhiteJC

ffc73

I am a regular on the supporters coach but this has been good

Free coach. Coffee at Motspur Park @ 6.30am whilst waiting for coach. Free newspaper (i picked up a copy of the Times but all types available) continental breakfast on board, lunch stop at pub with choice of 4 hot dishes (chilli con carne for me) & a drink & a free third shirt (dark blue with orange trimmings) for all of the circa 200 on the 4 coaches. And Luis Boa Morte at the pub.

Just leaving for the match......

Ps whilst now sounding ungrateful I do prefer a black 3rd kit as the dark blue is too close to our friends up the Kings Road, although they did play in white shirts last year.

fulhampa23

Why the orange? Not done with that phase yet I guess.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland