Hull get Huddlestone

Started by Bradstow, August 14, 2013, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 14, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 14, 2013, 04:40:04 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 14, 2013, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on August 14, 2013, 04:36:30 PM
Such a grand statement for less than two months of ownership. How do you know we arent going to spend yet? We have 3 weeks left.

The guys at Man City completed the takeover AND bought Robinho in the space of 24 hours back in 2008. I think nearly a month is more than enough time to buy some decent talent

Aren't you the guy that boo's our new recruits anyway?! :P

Only if they come from QPR. If they came from Timbuktu Town I wouldn't mind so much

Plonker!

Logicalman

Quote from: ffctom_b on August 14, 2013, 05:16:49 PM
Why the love in for an overweight, over rated, turning circle of the titanic midfielder, who spends more time injured than being available for games, not we needed, not the creative force everyone thinks he is!

On the plus side he has big hair!

I live and work in North London and am surrounded by Spurs fans , the majority are happy, delirious even that have got £5million for Huddlestone.

Then again, the average Spuds cast-off is a little better than the average Fulham cast-off.

Still recall that goal he scored against us 3 seasons back, and for 5 mill, he'd be a better deal than the struggle we will face if we stick with our old midfield and cover.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Berserker on August 14, 2013, 06:14:21 PM
Knee jerking is nothing new, we always get a lot of it when we loose. It would be boring if we all just said of well never mind i'll just have a cup of tea. I can be a bit of a knee jerker myself as i worry alot

this is taking it to a new level though, the number of people that are getting outraged due to media outlets giving out random pieces of information is ridiculous. Getting angry at the teams performance is understandable. Getting angry because the daily mail said we might sign a player and he's now joined Hull is ridiculous.

Berserker

Yeah you have point, especially with the Daily Mail
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JBH

Quote from: Fightin Blue Hens on August 14, 2013, 06:31:40 PM
Wow, what a finicky bunch. Keep calm, discussions are taking place.

:plus one: I have read these posts and now realise that we have a bunch of total knobs posting on here who no doubt are made up of some of those that booed one of our players on saturday! I can wait for the school holidays are over so that they all have homework to do instead of having time to post total bollox on here :doh:

justinfromga

Why the love in for an overweight, over rated, turning circle of the titanic midfielder, who spends more time injured than being available for games, not we needed, not the creative force everyone thinks he is!

I live and work in North London and am surrounded by Spurs fans , the majority are happy, delirious even that have got £5million for Huddlestone.

Exactly.  This thread reeks of guys who are just mad that we didn't spend on an overrated player.  Huddlestone, Parker, Bent...none of these guys are anything at all more than squad depth.  Not a single one of them belongs in our starting 11...maybe Huddlestone but he'd be hurt the entire season.

I think we are trying to be patient in how we spend this money and that is the right thing to do.  We'll have players by the end of the window and I have to believe they won't be panic buys but players who can step into the first 11 and make an impact and not just another Steve Sidwell.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: jelmo on August 14, 2013, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 14, 2013, 04:43:06 PM
The Cottage Corner is creeping in.

So no-one is able to vent an opinion unless it is positive?

I think calling Khan a real waste of space is a bit premature and unfair.

Herbie

Bringing it back to talking about football, I am not sad that we didn't splash out on Huddlestone. For me, he wouldn't bring much more to the team than Sidwell currently does, other than being younger and a bigger unit.  He's certainly not the creative CM that many are screaming out for.

I am 100% sure that the club are working to strengthen the team.  However, more importantly, I am sure that they are continuing to do it in a professional manner by keeping the negotiations private until the deal can be announced officially.  There is still a long way to go until the window closes.

Herbie

Quote from: justinfromga on August 14, 2013, 07:32:32 PM

Exactly.  This thread reeks of guys who are just mad that we didn't spend on an overrated player.  Huddlestone, Parker, Bent...none of these guys are anything at all more than squad depth.  Not a single one of them belongs in our starting 11...maybe Huddlestone but he'd be hurt the entire season.

I think we are trying to be patient in how we spend this money and that is the right thing to do.  We'll have players by the end of the window and I have to believe they won't be panic buys but players who can step into the first 11 and make an impact and not just another Steve Sidwell.

:plus one:

Sorry justinfromga, you beat me too it.

Nero

Well the good news is o'hara is still available

Forever Fulham

Huddlestone handles the ball and distributes better than Sidwell, but Sidwell has strengths that Huddlestone doesn't have.  If Spurs keep this up, they might not even qualify for Europa by end of season. 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Herbie on August 14, 2013, 07:40:53 PM
Bringing it back to talking about football, I am not sad that we didn't splash out on Huddlestone. For me, he wouldn't bring much more to the team than Sidwell currently does, other than being younger and a bigger unit.  He's certainly not the creative CM that many are screaming out for.

I am 100% sure that the club are working to strengthen the team.  However, more importantly, I am sure that they are continuing to do it in a professional manner by keeping the negotiations private until the deal can be announced officially.  There is still a long way to go until the window closes.
Completely different player and yes he is creative. But he's also slow and lethargic.

LBNo11

...ye gods, Khan has just taken over the reigns, we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and there is time before the transfer window closes for Fulham to likewise close some deals.

Of course we all hope that we get new players to take over key positions where we obviously lack strength, movement or invention but I don't understand this foment of panic - it has been the same virtually every pre-season.

I feel confident enough in the new owner, who will be working and learning about premier league football and the complex nature of behind the scenes negotiations with the help of the much (unfairly IMO) maligned Alistair McIntosh. Shahid Khan I believe has genuine empathy with the fans and wants much the same success as we, the fans desire, and will provide the necessary funding.

I say give Mr Khan time, be patient, the man has just spent a considerable fortune on a club that was loved by the previous owner Mr Fayed, and Mo would want to make sure all his sixteen years were not wasted by selling to a charlatan that would bring the club to it's knees. Khan will need to keep the fans onside, judge him by his actions after the window has closed...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ScalleysDad

I wonder how many buy out/trigger clauses there are dotted about in our team or indeed any Prem team. We will be four games in this season, cup included, before the curtain comes down so bags of time for an exit and a surprise. I don't think any of the current bunch will be high on a wish list but flashes of genius from the wingers or three defeats on the bounce might get agents lining up. Mate of mine who is still coaching reckons Newcastle are close to an off field meltdown and if they end up on nil points at 5pm on the 31st some one will be off before the punches are thrown. I don't think we are at that point.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well said LB  :54:
As for Huddlestone ....................... he was a great signing 8 years ago ,  in 2013 not so great, we can do better that him
I think.
Why do you think we missed out ??????? we are better than Tom.
I would much rather Jol/Mac/Scouts  find us a trixi, clever playmaker with quick feet and a quicker mind  ( that don't sound like Tom H )

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 14, 2013, 10:20:59 PM
...ye gods, Khan has just taken over the reigns, we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and there is time before the transfer window closes for Fulham to likewise close some deals.

Of course we all hope that we get new players to take over key positions where we obviously lack strength, movement or invention but I don't understand this foment of panic - it has been the same virtually every pre-season.

I feel confident enough in the new owner, who will be working and learning about premier league football and the complex nature of behind the scenes negotiations with the help of the much (unfairly IMO) maligned Alistair McIntosh. Shahid Khan I believe has genuine empathy with the fans and wants much the same success as we, the fans desire, and will provide the necessary funding.

I say give Mr Khan time, be patient, the man has just spent a considerable fortune on a club that was loved by the previous owner Mr Fayed, and Mo would want to make sure all his sixteen years were not wasted by selling to a charlatan that would bring the club to it's knees. Khan will need to keep the fans onside, judge him by his actions after the window has closed...

Well said sir,
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RidgeRider

Plus its not like we've done nothing this window. Remember while you are panicking that we have signed Riether to a contract, Stekelenberg, Boeteng, Amorebieta, Karagounis (remember we had released him), and Taraabt (loan deal but still). Plus a couple of promising youth players if I remember correctly.

Be nice to get two more but we also have some younger players coming into the their own like Mesca and Kaca.

We've done some business. Two more would be nice though. It isn't over yet.

St Eve

Good news. We don't have to worry that Huddlestone will be playing for us. Amazed we were even linked with him