watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hull get Huddlestone

Started by Bradstow, August 14, 2013, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

Well, Khan is a real waste of space. Put your money where your mouth is. We need a striker, a left back and a schemer. If you really want a team who will be more than relegation fodder you need to SPEND
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

jelmo

Yes, but he isnt considering a name change... What a hero...

valdeingruo

Such a grand statement for less than two months of ownership. How do you know we arent going to spend yet? We have 3 weeks left.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: andersons11 on August 14, 2013, 04:36:30 PM
Such a grand statement for less than two months of ownership. How do you know we arent going to spend yet? We have 3 weeks left.

The guys at Man City completed the takeover AND bought Robinho in the space of 24 hours back in 2008. I think nearly a month is more than enough time to buy some decent talent
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SaltfordWhite

What a bunch of absolute tosh.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 14, 2013, 04:38:22 PM

The guys at Man City completed the takeover AND bought Robinho in the space of 24 hours back in 2008. I think nearly a month is more than enough time to buy some decent talent

Aren't you the guy that boo's our new recruits anyway?! :P

shnlwswlkr

Because we have been in for a few players now and are refusing to up our bids, even if it is only £1m or so to secure a player. If we do not have a big name lined up to come in and end up with some underwhelming has been, again, then I really think we're heading for a massive relegation scrap and big possibilities of a drop.

The Jaguars are one of the worst in the NFL he isn't a sports club owner that is used to being successful.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 14, 2013, 04:40:04 PM

Aren't you the guy that boo's our new recruits anyway?! :P

Only if they come from QPR. If they came from Timbuktu Town I wouldn't mind so much
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jelmo

I agree with the above (Reither Lightning). We would have seen a statemnet of intent by now. Especially with the new season starting in the next few days.

Also, Jol is coming out with the 'Creative signings' & 'Get them when they are bad' talk again. Would have thought this approach to the transfer market would have been behind us now that we have a billionaire new owner.

Also, our long time target (Huddlestone) has gone to a team that has just come up from the championship. Surely you must be a bit pessimistic about Khan by now?

He also appears to say the right things (over and over again) but so far we have seen 1 loan signing. Same old sh*t im afraid.

YankeeJim

The Cottage Corner is creeping in.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Bassey the warrior

And that turned out well didn't it. Besides they had lots to spend.

jelmo

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 14, 2013, 04:43:06 PM

So no-one is able to vent an opinion unless it is positive?

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: jelmo on August 14, 2013, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 14, 2013, 04:43:06 PM

So no-one is able to vent an opinion unless it is positive?

The spoiled, entitled brattish nature of the venting is all that we are seeing at the moment.

It's dull. Really, really, really dull.

RidgeRider

Let's wait till the window shuts before we freak out and call our new owner a waste of space.

If Huddlestone was such a great player, he wouldn't be agreeing to play for a Championship club like Hull or be allowed to leave Tottenham. It's probably all about money and no doubt we valued him lower than what Hull was willing to pay.

LordNelson

Would there be any advantage (financial or otherwise) to the new owner in our being relegated?   In other words, would Khan prefer for some reason to be the owner of a Championship club instead is PL club?
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

jelmo

Spoiled? Because you dont agree with it? If I dont agree with an opinion Id argue my alternate opinion in a non-confrontational way. Not just label the opinion that is opposite to mine.

Deanothefulhamfan

Livermore / siggurdson and Andros townsend are all still at spurs who may all yet be available.... All three of which I would take over Huddlestone.... I honestly believe we will bring in a few faces before the window shuts... It will be on deadline day which furstrates me to the high heaven but thats how we seem to work.

valdeingruo

We arent Man City and do not have the money that the oil rich clubs have to make those kind of purchases, its that simple. We arent going to change our business model because of a new owner.

The Jaguars were bad before Khan bought them, if you ask the fans there they see all of the positive changes that he is bringing about.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 14, 2013, 04:53:05 PM
Livermore / siggurdson and Andros townsend are all still at spurs who may all yet be available.... All three of which I would take over Huddlestone.... I honestly believe we will bring in a few faces before the window shuts... It will be on deadline day which furstrates me to the high heaven but thats how we seem to work.

Supposedly Hull are getting Huddlestone AND Livermore for £5m.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok so that leaves siggurdson and townsend.... Siggurdson is so under rated its untrue...  And Andros townsend was QPRs second best player last season behind Cesar....

5 million for huddlestone and Livermore is good business though