watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ENGLAND - SCOTLAND

Started by Buffalo76, August 14, 2013, 08:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

This is our first meeting since '99. A pity as this is a great footballing rivalry. Lets hope we don't have to wait as long till we meet each other again.

Ordar

That's a shocker from Hart. He really has concentration issues

Wingnut

Should have saved that. England need to get going here.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Northern Cottager

Rhys Lightning 63

Stockdale would have saved that. Also... GET IN!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Northern Cottager

Wilshere looks very good, shame he's a gooner. Gerrard looks fairly poor, as does Rooney.

TWFL

God The Mechanic

Wilshere's major problem (other than being made of glass) is he can't tackle.  Every single challenge he makes seems to be a straight leg lunge, and he gets away with most of them.

cmg

Cracking, old-fashioned football match. Highly entertaining. Usual result....And now, back to the 21st century.

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 14, 2013, 08:07:02 PM
This is our first meeting since '99. A pity as this is a great footballing rivalry. Lets hope we don't have to wait as long till we meet each other again.

I hope we see some more of these games because Scotland are about our level now in international football. We've fallen so far behind the top teams, we're barely competitive at world level or tournaments any more.

epsomraver

That is a poor statement to make, England played well tonight in a hard fought " Friendly"

Fulham1959

Quote from: Ordar on August 14, 2013, 08:12:52 PM
That's a shocker from Hart. He really has concentration issues

I disagree.  He did well to get anything on it.  Commentators generally haven't a clue about the art of goalkeeping and too often just rely on the same old cliches.

It was a very entertaining match.  Well done to both sets of players !

Fulham76

Quote from: epsomraver on August 14, 2013, 10:17:39 PM
That is a poor statement to make, England played well tonight in a hard fought " Friendly"

My statement? Why is it a poor statement, it's true? It's not a dig at anyone or anything in particular, just acknowledgement that we've fallen a long long way behind the top teams. Technically nowhere near good enough to challenge seriously at tournaments.

epsomraver

Well we will have to see, I was surprised Rooney started tonight, not match fit, bit of politics there me thinks.

Berserker

He look very weighty didn't he
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

As I had no interest in who won I actually enjoyed the game. Teams that both wanted to have a go.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Markffc123

Love watching jack wilshere play for england such a shame hes only played 8 times for them-and roy said when he was fulham manager stockdale could play for england-bloody call him up roy-it will give him so much confidence

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 14, 2013, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 14, 2013, 08:07:02 PM

I hope we see some more of these games because Scotland are about our level now in international football. We've fallen so far behind the top teams, we're barely competitive at world level or tournaments any more.

Although we never play that well at tournaments, we still usually qualify for them. The same can't be said for Scotland. Strachan has put a good side together though mainly built up of lower tier prem players and championship players. Winning in Croatia is pretty impressive but are they on our level? Probably not.

Nero

Quote from: epsomraver on August 14, 2013, 10:54:58 PM
Well we will have to see, I was surprised Rooney started tonight, not match fit, bit of politics there me thinks.

Hmm fat and  out of shape, not at his best. We have a new signing imminent

cmg

Quote from: Nero on August 15, 2013, 07:58:14 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 14, 2013, 10:54:58 PM

Hmm fat and  out of shape, not at his best. We have a new signing imminent

It's about time for our annual present from the Fulham of the North.