watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Jozy Altidore

Started by mccscratch, August 14, 2013, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

If you get a chance look at his lovely second half hat trick + assist tonight vs a full Bosnia Herz team tonight... Was flat out class... He will be a handful Saturday.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

MikeR

Let's hope this performance is like Zolly's against Werder Bremen a few summers back - i.e. not duplicated in league play.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: mccscratch on August 14, 2013, 09:40:56 PM
If you get a chance look at his lovely second half hat trick + assist tonight vs a full Bosnia Herz team tonight... Was flat out class... He will be a handful Saturday.

No doubt. His confidence is sky high. Freekick was top drawer stuff.

btings

Captain Fulhamerica

This is a player we probably could have signed if we were willing to spend more than £2m on a player.

Denver Fulham

Really impressive hat trick. Made Stoke's Begovic look overmatched. This doesn't show his assist on the first goal, either. Hope he's worn out for Saturday.

http://espnfc.com/video/espnfc/video?id=intl:1522547

jmh

Quote from: MJs Statue on August 14, 2013, 10:35:50 PM
This is a player we probably could have signed if we were willing to spend more than £2m on a player.
His transfer fee was undisclosed but reports had it at $13M, roughly £8.5M.  If we'd spent that on him after he'd only ever really had success in the Eredivisie, and with him having been unimpressive for Hull a few years ago, everyone would've flipped him out and rushed to label him another Ruiz in the making. 

YankeeJim

He'd probably fall over to easy.   086.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: jmh on August 14, 2013, 11:35:04 PM
His transfer fee was undisclosed but reports had it at $13M, roughly £8.5M.  If we'd spent that on him after he'd only ever really had success in the Eredivisie, and with him having been unimpressive for Hull a few years ago, everyone would've flipped him out and rushed to label him another Ruiz in the making. 

That's a fair point, although he was 19 when he was at Hull. Success in the Eredivisie doesn't always translate, but if he can score half the goals he did in holland its a good signing for them.

Bassey the warrior

The free kick was nothing special really, the wall was full of midgets who when jumping were no taller than I am.

justinfromga

I think had he been available when Khan took over we would have absolutely pursued him.  Jozy signed with Sunderland on the 9th of July and Khan officially bought the team on the 12th.  So while Jozy was making a terrible decision to go to Sunderland we were in the midst of the takeover.

He's a good young player and is probably one of the two or three American players that I think have Premier League quality right now.  We need another forward in the worst way so hopefully we can work something out soon.

hongkongfulham

Didn't look that special out here, bit clumsy. Having said that goals hat trick looked bloody good

fulhamphil

Quote from: jmh on August 14, 2013, 11:35:04 PM
Not if people had taken a close look at his current form. Due to number of Yanks who follow my ESPN Fulham blog I keep an eye on USMNT matches. Altidore has come on a bundle since his days at Hull. Watch the video - scores with his left, superb free kick with his right, one touch poachers finish for the hat-trick. Just what we need. He will be this season's Benteke for Sunderland and will really need watching Saturday.

Had we been able to move quickly in the summer before the switch in owners nabbing Jozy and luring Clint back from Spurs would have been a masterstroke to transform the side. And our US following would have gone through the roof.

zschwartz

altidore is a unique player. he was always quite good coming up but he has added many aspects to his game... which is probably his greatest asset: his ability to learn, adapt and apply his footballing intelligence.

i'm excited for him. i am sure he will improve as the season progresses and i hope he starts well.

Also- he is not only proven in the eredivisie, he has 20 goals in 60 international apps for the usa... and, should he remain healthy, will soon play a large part in his second world cup.

The Rock

I saw this. I wish we had him - rather have him over Bent. Night and day from they player he was at Hull a few years ago. But this is only based upon seeing him today - I haven't see him in a few years since he was in England.

BarryP

I firmly believe that Jozy has become the player he is today because of the mental toughness he seems to have developed after not succeeding in La Liga and at Hull.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

Quote from: The Moose on August 14, 2013, 11:47:43 PM
The free kick was nothing special really, the wall was full of midgets who when jumping were no taller than I am.

and not nearly as talented as you either, I suppose.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Another game that was a pleasure to watch, and that, together wth the England game, has just made my day, brightened it up no end.

Yep, JA will be a player to keep tabs on this season, no doubt, and Saturday might be the time be aware MJ.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: BarryP on August 15, 2013, 02:40:21 AM
I firmly believe that Jozy has become the player he is today because of the mental toughness he seems to have developed after not succeeding in La Liga and at Hull.

His career turn around has been impressive. Maybe moved to europe a bit to early in his career. Will be interesting to see if he can continue his form at Sunderland.

zschwartz

hull were a very, very poor side that year... they'd have been last if it weren't for portsmouth going into administration.  to hold that against him seems a bit unfair. there highest goal scorer was stephen hunt with 6...