watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Theory

Started by Bassey the warrior, August 15, 2013, 05:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

We are all hoping to see a playmaker arrive before the window closes and the media seem to expect it too. My theory is that now it looks like we are signing Bent we won't be signing a playmaker. We will play two solid midfielders who can protect us from counter-attacks and allow our offensive players to drop deep to gather the ball. At least two of Adel, Berba and Bryan will start (when Adel is fit) and all like to drop deep. With Bent or another poacher playing we don't lose that target by allowing them to drop deep.
This guarantees goals and will be exciting but potentially leaves us more vulnerable.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well my theory is that Fulham's main action was somewhere more exotic and tricky, Fulham need the big bucks for the other deals that have not been finalized  it  was not AVFC and Bent. They were on the back burner because AVFC were very keen to fully offload  Bent and were holding out for Fulham to blink.  But the dastardly :)  Holloway  disturbed the plan.  , AVFC decided to parle and Fulham offered the same as Palace.   Bent  preferred Fulham to Palace and AVFC decided to go with the loan. If the other deal gets sorted  it is possible Bent will not be a Fulham player 
.....................that is the  reason why  Jol is pi$$ed and not making any comment about Bent

Bassey the warrior

I hope you're right but I don't think so. My explanation for Jol's annoyance is that he is fearful Newcastle Utd will come in with the same bid and gazump us.

bmasar

Quote from: The Moose on August 15, 2013, 06:29:33 PM
I hope you're right but I don't think so. My explanation for Jol's annoyance is that he is fearful Newcastle Utd will come in with the same bid and gazump us.

Doesn't Bent prefer a move to London?

hazzaffc

Taarabt is our playmsker obviously, along with ruiz

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bmasar on August 15, 2013, 07:26:47 PM

Where'd you hear that? I don't know really.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hazzaffc on August 15, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
Taarabt is our playmsker obviously, along with ruiz

Adel, Ruiz and Berba all have creativity in them but they aren't playing central midfield, we were previously talking about a central midfielder playing that role.

Another point of course is that if we play 2 or 3 of them it will cost us width as they will be taking the place of our wingers. Also pace.

bmasar

Quote from: The Moose on August 15, 2013, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: bmasar on August 15, 2013, 07:26:47 PM

Where'd you hear that? I don't know really.

I don't remember, so take that for what it's worth. He grew up in London I believe.

Bassey the warrior

Will be interesting seeing who arrives next. I think it's unlikely we'll sign two big name central midfielders, so if the big name is a defensive midfielder that will indicate we will play two DM's.