https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mary Doughty - Fulham

Started by Walter, August 15, 2013, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter

Hi everyone,

Chelsea supporter coming in peace.

@Whitenoise1879 on Twitter suggested I try this forum.

I was wondering if any of you had contact details for Mary Doughty's (Mary Fulham) daughter / family. After Mary passed away in 2005 (I was in Australia at the time) I emailed my condolences to the Club and I had a lovely reply from Sandra Coles. I read last week that Sandra retired in May.

The reason being is that I'm having a book of short stories published later this year and there is a (true) story about Mary and I wanted, with respect, to check with her daughter / family that I could include it before it went to print.

Thanks for any help & all the best in the new season.

Cheers, Walter.

Rupert

Bump! (was disappearing off the first page)   :bump:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

All I can tell you is her daughter is Barbara, haven't seen her at the cottage for a while but means nothing in the crowds, believe she lives at Roehampton, can check with others in the morning for more details.

Walter

Ah yes, Barbera. Thank you.

I've got a few pals in Roe so I will give them a shout.

Much appreciated.

Walter

But yeah, please check with your friends too. Cheers again.

epsomraver

fulham pete

If you do make contact and get the familys permission please post your story on here. Many of us have fond memories of Mary and I am sure we would all love to hear another story about her.

fulham traveller

mary is a ffc legend, her and alex ferguson to amazing supports who make this club what it is, I very found memories of mary I use to go round her place in Roehampton, sadly missed

Walter

Morning.

Am off out for the day.

Not sure if I'll be able to print the story on here, but the book of short stories will only be a few quid.

I have an ebook out at the moment which heavily features Roehampton & Mary is mentioned in one of the chapters about the estate. Less than £4 for Kindle or via iBooks.

Don't be out off by the team I support! Hopefully these reviews will show that:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/THE-RED-HAND-GANG-ebook/dp/B00AHGWR4E