News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Even if we have signed bent in time for the 12pm deadline...

Started by General, August 16, 2013, 10:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Do you think the club may delay announcing the deal until ours and sunderlands training is expected to be over... Element of surprise etc... Do you think Sunderland would be training to expect bent? Can imagine if he was at the club yesterday doing his medical and was keen on signing today may have been his second day with the team - would think he'd make Sunderland have to change their tactics quite a bit, no!?

N_O_W_S

Deadline for registration was yesterday at 12pm wasn't it?

Anyway Bent hasn't featured pre-season so won't be up to speed for at least a week or so.

alfie

Quote from: Ols_S on August 16, 2013, 10:49:15 AM
Deadline for registration was yesterday at 12pm wasn't it?

Anyway Bent hasn't featured pre-season so won't be up to speed for at least a week or so.

very true but he is a fit young'ish man that maybe could do a 10-20min sub role.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

i thought it was mid-day today, i remeber the berba thing wasnt confirmed till late afternoon / early evening but they registered him by mid-day so he could play against west ham
Every day is a Fulham day

Bassey the warrior

N_O_W_S

Quote from: westcliff white on August 16, 2013, 10:55:59 AM
i thought it was mid-day today, i remeber the berba thing wasnt confirmed till late afternoon / early evening but they registered him by mid-day so he could play against west ham

Thats a fair point. I just recall hearing that registration period is more than 24 hours. I could be wrong.

I still don't think he would be fit enough for even a run out - lack of sharpness etc. but then again thats why he's a professional footballer and I'm not!

Never know he may not even join...I still await confirmation ha!

Ordar

If he signs, I would think he would definitely be on the bench.

Nab a 89th minute winner against his old team

westcliff white

Quote from: Ols_S on August 16, 2013, 11:01:37 AM

Thats a fair point. I just recall hearing that registration period is more than 24 hours. I could be wrong.

I still don't think he would be fit enough for even a run out - lack of sharpness etc. but then again thats why he's a professional footballer and I'm not!

Midday would be a little more than 24 hours but i am not 100% on the rules. agree he would not be sharp enough. however a little 15 mins of the bench maybe all he needs to pop one in
Every day is a Fulham day

N_O_W_S

Quote from: westcliff white on August 16, 2013, 11:07:14 AM
Quote from: Ols_S on August 16, 2013, 11:01:37 AM

Midday would be a little more than 24 hours but i am not 100% on the rules. agree he would not be sharp enough. however a little 15 mins of the bench maybe all he needs to pop one in

He has exactly that potential, which is why I am excited at the prospect of Bent at the cottage. I am not sure why there is so much dismay at the idea. HE brings everything we think we're missing from our strike force and still people arn't satisfied.

He has the potential to shake up formations a bit. Jol bashing for lack of change with formations and lineup last season bothered me because we simply didnt have the options within the squad to do anything else!

Lighthouse

Bent signed or not, will not be on the bench and may not even travel to meet his team mates. We may not hear about him moving to Newcastle until Monday.  :005:

Tarrabat may be on the bench.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope