watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you start Bent tomorrow?

Started by shnlwswlkr, August 16, 2013, 06:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

Having had only one training session with the lads, and not played a competitive football match in how long, would you start him? I would. After watching his interview with Fulham TV he is keen to get going, he says he has just been running and running so his fitness should be up to speed, only thing he needs is his sharpness, which he will only get from playing. Plus, I have stuck him in my Fantasy Football.

No doubt though Jol will hold back and throw him on for 10 minutes at the end and we'll have to watch the sort of game we have had to watch for the last year... No end product.

What do you guys reckon?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Fulham76

Definitely. Absolutely nothing to lose by playing him.

Danitar

In his interview he said he had trained with the kids but he seems fit but not match fit so I think bring him on at half time

Walsh

Stekelenberg

Riether  Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson

Sidwell      Boateng

Dejagah             Ruiz             Taarabt

Berbatov

==================================

60th minute:

Stekelenberg

Riether  Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson

Sidwell      Boateng

Ruiz               Berbatov            Taarabt(Mesca)

Bent

I think this is what we should go for... obviously depends how the game is going but either Dejagah off for Bent or Ruiz off for Bent, maybe bring on Mesca for Taarabt if he is starting to look slow.

Captain Fulhamerica

Only if he turns out to be fit.  If it was at home it would be more likely, but away I don't think you sacrifice the additional midfielder to play him.  Would love to see him come on early in the second half if our attack needs a spark.

Bassey the warrior

No. He won't be fit enough. Definitely bring him on at some point though.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJs Statue on August 16, 2013, 06:30:48 PM
Only if he turns out to be fit.  If it was at home it would be more likely, but away I don't think you sacrifice the additional midfielder to play him.  Would love to see him come on early in the second half if our attack needs a spark.
id sacrifice a midfielder, don't see boatang as an upgrade on Enoh, and the Enoh sidwell combo was pretty lame.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2013, 06:37:09 PM
Only if he turns out to be fit.  If it was at home it would be more likely, but away I don't think you sacrifice the additional midfielder to play him.  Would love to see him come on early in the second half if our attack needs a spark.
id sacrifice a midfielder, don't see boatang as an upgrade on Enoh, and the Enoh sidwell combo was pretty lame.

Everything coming out of preseason was extremely positive about Boateng.  I don't think there is any way he doesn't start.  If a midfielder was to be sacrificed in favor of Bent it seems more likely to be Sidwell or one of the wings, moving Ruiz to a wing position.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJs Statue on August 16, 2013, 06:39:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2013, 06:37:09 PM

Everything coming out of preseason was extremely positive about Boateng.  I don't think there is any way he doesn't start.  If a midfielder was to be sacrificed in favor of Bent it seems more likely to be Sidwell or one of the wings, moving Ruiz to a wing position.
yes I see sidwell as the weak link

Nero

Didn't think bent needed to be fit according to a few people he just stand there and puts the ball in the onion bag

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on August 16, 2013, 06:51:43 PM
Didn't think bent needed to be fit according to a few people he just stand there and puts the ball in the onion bag
michael Owen once said there is no such thing as match fit as well. You are either fit or not fit

JackyFulham90

No I don't think he should start but he should definately be on the bench our squad is looking strong now plenty of options on the bench

.....................................................................Stekelenburg....................................................

Riether......................................Hangeland..................Amorebieta............Richardson................

........................................................Sidwell................Boateng......................

Dejagah..........................................................Ruiz.........................................Kacaniklic........

........................................................................Berbatov.......................................................

Subs - Stockdale , Hughes , Karagounis , Duff , Taarabt , Rodallega , Bent

Holders

I very much doubt if he'll start him, maybe bring him on at 60mins.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

shnlwswlkr

We have the strongest bench we have had in a very, very long time!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

EJL

By Arsenal at home our starting XI will have little to no width.

JackyFulham90

Excited to see Taarabt but Kacaniklic should feature for us he will have a great season I feel, tough choices for Jol

Bracken White

For me, there is no spearhead with Berbatov & Ruiz our 'attackers.' Guess this is the most likely pairing though - so no goals a distinct possibility. Cameo from Bent would be good.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 16, 2013, 07:23:00 PM
Excited to see Taarabt but Kacaniklic should feature for us he will have a great season I feel, tough choices for Jol

This is a very good thing.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Ordar

I'd actually start him if he's fit, and looks sharp in training.

St Eve

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on August 16, 2013, 07:30:57 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 16, 2013, 07:23:00 PM

This is a very good thing.
Kaca will start