watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bent has now signed, so who is next?

Started by Steven Ageroad, August 16, 2013, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Other than Parker no one has come up with any positive names. Is it that we've run out of options or are the club keeping their cards very close to their chest?
Esteban Granero has joined Real Sociedad on loan, that's another name out of the mix.

Lighthouse

I can see that you are all forgetting Odenwingie?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

At this point I'd take Enoh actually. Based on his performances here last season I'd say that he's better than anything we've got in central midfield at the moment (excluding Diarra of course).

However I'd prefer a more constructive type of player, be it someone that's skilful on the ball like Dembele or a deep lying playmaker like Murphy, but the most important things with the players we've got is that the new midfielder is decent defensively.

Gargano would be brilliant next to a big, defensive minded guy like Boateng, but sadly it looks like that ship has sailed.

jmh

Quote from: JoeBartramFFC on August 16, 2013, 10:54:40 PM
Would love to sign Chantome but i predict transfer day scrambles for an average CM and a back-up RB. Probably someone like Dorrans and Bardsley
Dorrans wouldn't be SO bad.  He's been pretty important for West Brom staying up in the Premier League the past few years, has played a fair amount as a creative central midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder (that is, as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 rather than right behind the striker), and is still only 26.  I mean, he's not Xavi or anything, but we could do worse.

SKSW6

Quote from: epsomraver on August 16, 2013, 11:09:42 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on August 16, 2013, 07:53:56 PM
Please not Parker. £3.5m for an almost 33 year old who can only pass backwards.

Oh that was why he was picked for England and stood out was it? fp.gif

£3.5m for a 30+ year old who is only attracting interest from a championship club, and you're the one giving me the condescending emoticon?

MikeCdawg

Quote from: JoeBartramFFC on August 16, 2013, 10:54:40 PM
Would love to sign Chantome but i predict transfer day scrambles for an average CM and a back-up RB. Probably someone like Dorrans and Bardsley

was thinkin the same thing. don't think we'll see much action until bargain hunting begins on deadline day

Lighthouse

Fulham boss Martin Jol admits having to shop in the bargain basement bin to polish up wayward gems.

The Cottagers boss snapped up Darren Bent yesterday, the latest recruit to Fulham's eye-catching forward line .

Jol now has the prospect of pairing forgotten man Bent with maverick Dimitar Berbatov and the temperamental Adel Taarabt. He said: "Sometimes you have to be creative and take them when the situation is bad.

"We won't pay big transfer fees and we have a certain amount in our budget to spend. Sometimes you have to gamble.

"At Tottenham I sold Dimitar Berbatov for £30million and took him back for peanuts here.

"Adel was going to PSG a year ago for a lot of money and now we've picked him. That's what I try to do." Fulham have made seven summer signings but bad-boy Taarabt promises to be the biggest gamble of the lot.

He was already on thin ice when he was sent home from QPR's pre-season tour last month – the final straw for Harry Redknapp who got rid.

The Moroccan is in line for his debut at Sunderland. Jol added: "There are not a lot of players with his talent in Europe."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-transfer-news-martin-jol-2176041#ixzz2cB5kBjJo
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

I think in an ideal world we should be looking for a back up RB first, because if riether gets injured we're buggered. Then a LB because its our weakest position out of the back four.

We also desperately need chantome or gargano or a player of that ilk.

grandad

Quote from: HatterDon on August 16, 2013, 10:41:46 PM
To answer the question raised in the title:

Well, if Jol can find another lazy, overrated, overpaid player past his sell-by date to put on the pitch instead of one of our younger guys, we'll probably sign him also.

To whom are you referring? As for the youngsters, they are no where near ready for the Prem.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Old Count

Scott Parker.....

Anyone reckon he could be a Danny Murphy for us?

Holders

Quote from: The Old Count on August 17, 2013, 12:17:48 PM
Scott Parker.....

Anyone reckon he could be a Danny Murphy for us?

Yes, I think he could. As I said elsewhere, it would have been nice to have got him a year or two earlier. Now, I'd rather we got someone a bit younger but if that's not to be he'd still be a good addition to cover us until someone like Chris David can break through.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mangoputney

Parker then Sako when Riise does one, Enoh on a loan and a 2300 hours last minute surprise CM
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation