Bent has now signed, so who is next?

Started by Steven Ageroad, August 16, 2013, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JBH

Scott Parker on Sunday followed by Kelly from Liverpool

JackyFulham90

A centre midfielder & a right back is all we need,  we may want a left back but even without Riise Jol still has Briggs as back up

EJL

Well, Parker looks like he's definitely off to QPR now, so it probably won't be him. Maybe we'll finally address the main issue and buy that creative midfielder!?

Sammyffc

im still praying for gargano , then again i also dream of having babys with eva mendez.

Classic94

I'd be very happy with Chantome & Cresswell.

SKSW6

Please not Parker. £3.5m for an almost 33 year old who can only pass backwards.

St Eve

A CM and a left back( we have 3 and thay are all poor)

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: St Eve on August 16, 2013, 08:00:43 PM
A CM and a left back( we have 3 and thay are all poor)

Central midfield is the absolute priority now - I'd like a new left back too, but I don't think we'll get one.

If we were to get two players for those positions then the starting eleven would be pretty strong, we'd just be looking to add depth.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

JustOverTheRiver

I cannot see why people think we are going to suddenly come up with the funds to sign an exotic, established and creative CM. It goes against everything we have learnt so far from our signings:

We do not have the funds to bid outlandishly, for anyone.

Anyhow, even if we did venture on the wild side and purchase a "quality" player like, erm, Ruiz, for many millions, there is no promise that he would be the solution to our problems.

Think small, think cheap and think old and there you have it: the three key components necessary to any players we may sign in the next two weeks.

Azeedo

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2013, 07:44:22 PM
im still praying for gargano , then again i also dream of having babys with eva mendez.
Dude that's my Wife!!! Oh yeah I'm also dreaming

DevonFFC

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on August 16, 2013, 08:48:26 PM
I cannot see why people think we are going to suddenly come up with the funds to sign an exotic, established and creative CM. It goes against everything we have learnt so far from our signings:

We do not have the funds to bid outlandishly, for anyone.

Anyhow, even if we did venture on the wild side and purchase a "quality" player like, erm, Ruiz, for many millions, there is no promise that he would be the solution to our problems.

Think small, think cheap and think old and there you have it: the three key components necessary to any players we may sign in the next two weeks.

Like farther jack from father ted then. Small, old and a bottle of whisker is cheap?

HatterDon

To answer the question raised in the title:

Well, if Jol can find another lazy, overrated, overpaid player past his sell-by date to put on the pitch instead of one of our younger guys, we'll probably sign him also.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ruiz11

Quote from: EJL on August 16, 2013, 07:26:33 PM
Well, Parker looks like he's definitely off to QPR now, so it probably won't be him. Maybe we'll finally address the main issue and buy that creative midfielder!?

Not necessarily. Remember that Bent to Palace was almost a done deal until we stepped in at the last minute. Whilst QPR have had a bid accepted, Redknapp has acknowledged that it's Parker's decision at the end of the day.

rusty shackleford

Yeah he's got some gall signing one of the top scoring Premier League players ever when he could be starting Trotta

JoeBartramFFC

Would love to sign Chantome but i predict transfer day scrambles for an average CM and a back-up RB. Probably someone like Dorrans and Bardsley

karlfulham97

Im sure our next signing is gonna be Scott Parker. I think he's still class, and he was one of England's best players. He tackles and passes the ball well.

epsomraver

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 16, 2013, 07:53:56 PM
Please not Parker. £3.5m for an almost 33 year old who can only pass backwards.

Oh that was why he was picked for England and stood out was it? fp.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: karlfulham97 on August 16, 2013, 11:05:39 PM
Im sure our next signing is gonna be Scott Parker. I think he's still class, and he was one of England's best players. He tackles and passes the ball well.

:plus one: