watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best place to park tomorrow

Started by Berserker, August 16, 2013, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Any advice on best place to park for the game tomorrow? I'll be coming from Chester le street and then goinng on to Edinburgh afterwards
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Hammer Smith

When we've gone there we've parked at the Stadium of Light Metro Station car park - it isn't too pricey and we've always found a place - even half an hour before the match - and it's only a few minutes walk from the station to the SoL Stadium. You might need to get there a quite a bit earlier than we've done this time as I think they're expecting a big crowd for the match. The road by the Metro goes north to Newcastle. It's a bit slow after the match as it's only single lane each way but you'll be travelling in the right direction. Let's hope it's worth the trip! At this time I'll be nearly halfway down France on our family holiday relying on text updates....

kempkong

The stadium is located on the north side of Sunderland next to the wear bridge where the metro station is. Across the bridge is the city centre on the south side. If you want free parking you can park on the south side at b&q which is about 20 minute walk to the stadium (follow the crowds) or if you want to pay then there are numerous car parks in the city or like the above says at the metro but beware they close part of the bridge to allow fans to cross. If you are coming from Chester le street then get onto a1 and head for the a19 and leave via the a690 which takes you into Sunderland city centre - I live up here and work in Sunderland.