watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FINALLY we have an answer

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 17, 2013, 01:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

I have just got back from a recording of THE GAME PODCAST (which is a football podcast put out by The Times), and I was speaking to one of their men Oliver Kay about why Fulham don't get enough coverage in the media (which I know is something that a lot of us question) and he told me that it is because 'We are not too big, but we are not too small either'.

So there you have it, until we spend 3/4 years constantly near the drop (ala Wigan) or 3/4 years contending to break in with the big guys (ala Everton), we won't get as much coverage as the rest of the league.

He did also say that he expects us to progress 'very slightly' this season
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

RidgeRider

Actually sort of makes sense. We did receive tons of love during our Europa League run but when you are mediocre and an underperforming Prem squad, we are only going to get a mention because Berba is on the team.

Ruiz11

Also because most top football journalists living in London will cover Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, leaving West Ham, Fulham and now Crystal Palace in the shadows a bit. Because of the vast number of (bigger) clubs in our geographical area, we receive less coverage than clubs of roughly the same stature, such as Sunderland, because a North-east correspondent only deals with two teams, Newcastle and Sunderland, not 5 or 6 like in London.

Holders

Valid point, Ruiz, except that when West Ham are covered, the tone seems to be more positive than when they're dealing with us. It wasn't always like this, I think that our revered ex-chairman is something to do with the press negativity. Hopefully Mr Khan's tash will help to turn that around.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria