watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Site very slow

Started by Fulham1959, August 17, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

It's been slow all week, but seems slower than ever, today.

I thought there was going to be an upgrade (to which I gave a small contribution).

LBNo11

...we are aware and we are frustrated ourselves at the changeover delays. The FoF Techie team are working on it.

Like you we had obviously aimed to get these matters resolved before the start of the season and we apologize for the delay. It will happen, as will the new layout which the mods have all seen in trial mode. It will still look like the Friends of Fulham you know, but will look 'cleaner' and more sharp.

The best laid plans - and all that...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WhiteJC

sorry, probably my fault as I'm copying the databases over to the new site.

if all goes well we should be on the new site in the next couple of days  :54:

fulhamben

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 17, 2013, 10:38:16 AM
sorry, probably my fault as I'm copying the databases over to the new site.

if all goes well we should be on the new site in the next couple of days  :54:
its just sped up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

CincyFulham1

Just wondering if the previous incarnation of the site was ever archived?  I mean the original board.  Posted a story on there that I rather liked but never copied it.

licker

Quote from: fulhamben

/quote]its just sped up

Not for me it hasnt, but with working on and having a forum of my own, i can understand what a frustrating job it can be when things are not quite right.
A bit of patience and a little understanding is whats needed now.

Bill.

Holders

As an observation, not a moan, it's quite often difficult to get pages to load and I have to keep refreshing. May be the site, may just be my computer...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2013, 10:56:31 AM
As an observation, not a moan, it's quite often difficult to get pages to load and I have to keep refreshing. May be the site, may just be my computer...

pages should refresh every 20 minutes or so, not sure if this is every 20 minutes or 20 minutes from when the page is loaded?

Holders

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 17, 2013, 11:08:31 AM

pages should refresh every 20 minutes or so, not sure if this is every 20 minutes or 20 minutes from when the page is loaded?

Sorry, what I mean is that if I want to go from page 1 to page 2, or to a new topic sometimes it doesn't load and I have to hit refesh or come out and go back in again. For example, I can't get into Mark Hughes at the moment - probably a good thing!

Fulham1959

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 17, 2013, 10:33:21 AM
...we are aware and we are frustrated ourselves at the changeover delays. The FoF Techie team are working on it.

Like you we had obviously aimed to get these matters resolved before the start of the season and we apologize for the delay. It will happen, as will the new layout which the mods have all seen in trial mode. It will still look like the Friends of Fulham you know, but will look 'cleaner' and more sharp.

The best laid plans - and all that...

Many thanks for the update  -  I was a bit nervous about asking (!) as I can well imagine all the hard work going on 'behind the scenes'  -  'both 'going on' and 'ongoing', no doubt.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2013, 11:16:43 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on August 17, 2013, 11:08:31 AM

Sorry, what I mean is that if I want to go from page 1 to page 2, or to a new topic sometimes it doesn't load and I have to hit refesh or come out and go back in again. For example, I can't get into Mark Hughes at the moment - probably a good thing!

hmmm, interesting are you using Internet Explorer or a different browser? I'm assuming your on a windows pc

Holders

Explorer normally, as I find it easiest but for one other site I have to use Firefox to access at all and if I want to upload photos. Explorer seems very fragile.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2013, 02:11:21 PM
Explorer normally, as I find it easiest but for one other site I have to use Firefox to access at all and if I want to upload photos. Explorer seems very fragile.

thanx for the info Holders, I hate Internet Explorer with a vengeance, Firefox or Chrome are soooo much better, once you get used to them.

Holders

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 17, 2013, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

thanx for the info Holders, I hate Internet Explorer with a vengeance, Firefox or Chrome are soooo much better, once you get used to them.

I'm due to move house "imminently" and was planning on changing my ISP then so will probably upgrade it all at the same time. I've yet to meet anyone who rates Explorer. I guess I've stuck with it as the newer ones have come along, being a bit of a dinosaur.