News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Said Richardson will last 20 minutes?

Started by StuFFC, August 17, 2013, 03:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuFFC

I read yesterday that someone said Richardson will last 20 minutes, Well Richardson couldn't even do that!!

zschwartz

haha, it was a bit optimistic. here is a text from last night... "what happens when richardson gets injured? 50/50 briggs takes the field or we just forfeit then and there."  well, briggs has taken the field and good luck to him and to us. Come on, Mathew.

fulhamben

i said he would last 17 mins earlier, so he surpassed my expectations of him. boatang is looking every bit the clummsy tackler i thought he was
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Hopefully this will push Jol into signing someone. Still can't believe just how unprofessional Riise was to refuse to travel, I will be happy to see him leave.

The Rock

Risse wants first team football and it's an amicable thing - Jol already touched on that.

I've never rated Richardson, yet he didn't look bad today, for all of 15 mins.

Briggs is good enough... but having him and him alone feels nervy.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rock on August 17, 2013, 05:21:26 PM
Risse wants first team football and it's an amicable thing - Jol already touched on that.

I've never rated Richardson, yet he didn't look bad today, for all of 15 mins.

Briggs is good enough... but having him and him alone feels nervy.
not as nervy as having to start richardson though. massive 15th cap for him today in a year, and has he completed 90 mins once? the term flogging a dead horse springs to mind. he was a panic buy and we should cut our losses and release him on a free before he ends up costing us points

Bassey the warrior

I think Jol needs to strike early and invest in a left back, we can't rely on Richardson, Riise is past it and Briggs is still learning.

Northern Cottager

I can't believe he actually went off. It was a running joke but don't think he was in on it. Every damn game. Get rid, he's king up too much time in the physics room.

grandad

He wasted a sub when near the end we could have needed an extra defender. He is not worth keeping. I would cancel his contract & claim on the insurance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 17, 2013, 06:25:44 PM
He wasted a sub when near the end we could have needed an extra defender. He is not worth keeping. I would cancel his contract & claim on the insurance.
could have done with bent at the end aswell. would have destroyed them when they switched to 3 at the back

filham

Since the news broke that Riise wanted out we have all been saying that Richardson's injury problem would show it's ugly head before too long, how right we were.

Were we aware of Richardson's weakness before we signed him?

We now have a crisis at full back.

ffc73

There is an interview with Richardson in today's match day programme.

He admits that last season he was plagued by injuries but says that he has worked hard during pre-season & is looking forward to an injury free time now. Wrong

He also says that Jol has had a chat with him about being left back this season and he is looking forward to playing that role. Wrong

We cannot afford him to be a starter. It was clear today that there were players tiring in the last quarter & with Richardson posting another sickie Jol had no options after Steks unfortunate injury. Steks injury can happen to any player but Richardson's is almost guaranteed

Briggs did ok but there was a couple of occasions when Briggs was the outlet & Brede opted to hoof it downfield. My impression is that had JAR been standing where Briggs was Brede would have passed him the ball without a second thought