watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Back from the match player assessment;

Started by kempkong, August 17, 2013, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kempkong

Skek - 8 - a few great saves and shame he went off injured. His distribution still needs work though

Richardson - 3 - poor. Loads of bad passes and off injured.

Briggs - 6 - generally good found loads of space but no one used him. Controlled Johnson well

Hangers - 9 - marked altidore out of the game. Brilliant

Hughes - 7 - did little wrong and was solid overall

Riether - 7 - did well but not enough link up with duff

Boatang - 6 - kept playing back passes as had a few silly challenges but with some more games he will improve

Sidwell - 6 - did ok but too similar to boatang and doesn't push the team forward

Duff - 7 - some good runs and held the ball well but doesn't have the legs for a full game

Kasami - 8 - did excellent for 70 minutes and ran at the defence but had no support. Good header and loved the celebration with jol

Kara - 6 - didn't see much of him and over acted when tackled but slowed the game towards the end well

Taarabt - 7 - some flashes of brilliance. Not enough running but hopefully that is a fitness issue only

Berba - 6 - pissed me off slightly. Has so much skill and can read the game so well but he would not run and spent most of the game on the wings.

Overall we did well and defended solidly but still have issues in midfield and attack. I'm happy with the win and I know it was away which has a huge impact.

Great fans at the match too. Very vocal and backed the team...even Richardson

fulhamben

did you higher out a harrier jump jet to pick you up and drop you home
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Do you know why Boa Morte was stood with 200 fans all in the 3rd kit? Baffled me.

How many managed to make the trip up there?

kempkong

I live in the north east.
We took a fair few my guess at least 500 fans but I didn't count

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 17, 2013, 07:16:50 PM
Do you know why Boa Morte was stood with 200 fans all in the 3rd kit? Baffled me.

Our new sponsers Marathon Bet provided a free coach service to 200 supporters. On this coach they provided everyone with a free 3rd shirt, free breakfast, free lunch and pints poured by Boa.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Very fair judgement, though I must say you didn't credit Kasami, Taarabt and Duff enough for their defensive contribution. Duff, at 34 helped shield Riether for 90 minutes, not match fit Taarabt didn't leave Briggs on his own (which I wasn't expecting) and Kasami worked hard for the whole game. It was a Roy Hodgson esque defensive performance.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 17, 2013, 07:47:43 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 17, 2013, 07:16:50 PM

Our new sponsers Marathon Bet provided a free coach service to 200 supporters. On this coach they provided everyone with a free 3rd shirt, free breakfast, free lunch and pints poured by Boa.

Are you kidding me? Talk about making an incredible first impression, very impressed.

Berserker

I think they should have given a free top to any Fulham fan that went to the match as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BarryP

Delighted with three points but in a match where Fulham put 1 shot on goal every player except Richardson is above average? This is not even close to reasonable not even for an away match.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

epsomraver

By the look of those BLUE tops with orange water wings they need to give them away, they won't sell many 096.gig

Northern Cottager

Quote from: epsomraver on August 17, 2013, 08:38:03 PM
By the look of those BLUE tops with orange water wings they need to give them away, they won't sell many 096.gig

Zzzz...win away, new start to a season, renewed optimism and you still manage to moan about something.

ffc73

I am on the coach with my new top on

You are right sir. Would not have spent money on it but grateful for the gift. Shame it was not a black top....

To be fair, I have not bought a kit top since 79/80, & wear the 75 replica

epsomraver

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 17, 2013, 08:41:09 PM

Zzzz...win away, new start to a season, renewed optimism and you still manage to moan about something.

renewed optimism 52 minutes first attack on their goal !! dream on

Ruiz on the bench! Oh Eck!

Where is Amore? Hughes at CB worries me greatly.

No Dejegah, Duff starts and Kasami starts? Never would of guessed this.

Pot and kettle eh and that's before the match :kettle pot:

Whitby Fulham

Yes it was a win away 3 points thank you,but what a crap game,I thought we were poor the best thing in the ground was the hot policewoman on crowd control.

epsomraver

Quote from: li_special on August 17, 2013, 08:53:09 PM
Yes it was a win away 3 points thank you,but what a crap game,I thought we were poor the best thing in the ground was the hot policewoman on crowd control.

Always good to get an opinion from some one who was there, Looking forward to the Arsenal Game?

Ruiz11

Harsh on Richardson, who was doing well but just can't catch a break regarding injuries. Boateng however was poor, totally off the pace and nearly sent off.

kempkong

The cops name is Suzanne for information as I assume you are taking about the blonde.

Richardson was poo in my opinion. He gave the ball away several times before coming off.
Boatang needs time...I hope and nothing more

Whitby Fulham

Quote from: kempkong on August 17, 2013, 09:17:20 PM
The cops name is Suzanne for information as I assume you are taking about the blonde.
Yes she is well tidy is she a friend of yours kempkong,or have just got bigger balls than me and spoke to her.

Denver Fulham

We were impotent offensively but I'll save judgment since it was an away match without what's very possibly all three 1st choice attacking kids. We had no speed or width to attack with. Thought Taarabt and Duff worked hard to provide cover for our fullbacks.

rusty shackleford

I didnt think Boateng was that bad. It was his first game, he wasnt used to the pace of the game. He will get better i think.