watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm looking forward to Arsenal now, tough choices - merged

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 17, 2013, 08:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

After a superb defensive performance from the boys today, we've got Arsenal next who have just lost 3-1 at home to Aston Villa. An Arsenal side who are missing Laurent Koscielny through suspension, along with Kieran Gibbs, Thomas Vermaelen and Mikel Arteta through injury. Also, I don't want to forget they've got to travel to play in Turkey midweek, another game that could cause further injury and fatigue.

Arsenal could be playing next week with Bacary Sagna at centre back next to Per Mertesacker, Bent vs Big Per sounds good to me. Factor in the first home game of the season where everyone is buzzing and Darren Bent who has scored on his debut for every club in his career and has scored 7 in his last 10 games against Arsenal.

A lot works in our favour but if we can find a balance between defence and attack and have the likes of Bryan Ruiz, Fernando Amorebieta, Ashkan Dejagah and Alex Kacaniklic back to full fitness, we could be in for a very positive result.

Sammyffc

:plus one: However , if briggs starts .. briggs agaisnt walcott or the ox ..  fp.gif :Get Coat gif: 090.gif

Sheepskin Junior

Walcott is a doubt, as is Sagna. We'll have Riise if Richardson isn't available. I'm confident.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Willard

Wenger will need to turn things around and I am sure he will see us as the ideal point at which to start. So, I would like to see Dimitar Berbatov on form and going for it because today he seemed out of sorts.

If he and Bent do turn up next week we could get a result.

Ordar

If Arsenal lose the first leg in the week, they will have to rest players.

Fingers crossed!

Bent hattrick. Shame Szezesny (spelling?) wasn't sent off like he should have been

Barnettski

With all of Arsenal's injury problems, how long until a £1m bid for Hangeland comes in?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Barnettski on August 17, 2013, 08:27:20 PM
With all of Arsenal's injury problems, how long until a £1m bid for Hangeland comes in?

£1million and £1 .

Matt Inglis

The only defenders Arsenal can definitely field as of this moment are Mertesacker and Jenkinson.. bring it on!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Zu-Meister

Ruiz11

It will still be a dangerous game and let's not kid ourselves, despite winning today, we hardly had a shot and played pretty poorly. However, Bent should be fit, and there'll be good competition for places now that Kasami and Duff are back playing well.

rusty shackleford

If we did manage to beat Arsenal it would give us a great platform to build off before the transfer window has even closed

Count Berbatov

I think against a technical side like arsenal, Bryan, Taarabt, Berba will show their best. Those 3 need freedom and they'll rule LeArse. To be honest, they could beat Arsenal at their game. Possession. stick Bent up top and you have something to look forward to.

Or else, have the usual pacey  wingers and play contra attack. But I'd unleash the technical players, just have Bent up top
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

JackyFulham90

Poor 1st half today but 2nd half was slightly better it wasn't a great performance but we defended really well today, losing Stekelenburg to injury is a blow he looks a top player. Positives were a great result , Hughes done well as did Briggs,  Kasami took his chance. Only negative for me is still the lack of creativity in central midfield.

Will Bent start against Arsenal?
Will Kasami start again?
Will Amorebieta replace Hughes?
What about Kacaniklic , Frei , Ruiz & Dejagah?

We certainly have some depth now

Next week I hope to see

Stockdale

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Briggs

Boateng Sidwell

Dejagah Berbatov Taarabt

Bent

Subs - Etheridge,  Hughes , Karagounis, Kacaniklic , Kasami , Ruiz , Rodallega

Some good options off the bench. 

We won today with Bent , Rodallega & Ruiz unused subs very positive start to the season, roll on next week!

fulhamben

id like to see
stek/stock
reither  hughes brede  briggs
ashkan  kasami   baotang   kaca
                      ruiz
                      berba
subs stock/etheridge.  amborwhatshisname   bubble  taraabt duff hugo bent.     it wont happen but that would be my first choice team. i reckon kasami could be the box to box midfielder i once hoped sidwell would be
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 17, 2013, 10:33:45 PM
Poor 1st half today but 2nd half was slightly better it wasn't a great performance but we defended really well today, losing Stekelenburg to injury is a blow he looks a top player. Positives were a great result , Hughes done well as did Briggs,  Kasami took his chance. Only negative for me is still the lack of creativity in central midfield.

Will Bent start against Arsenal?
Will Kasami start again?
Will Amorebieta replace Hughes?
What about Kacaniklic , Frei , Ruiz & Dejagah?

We certainly have some depth now

Next week I hope to see

Stockdale

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Briggs

Boateng Sidwell

Dejagah Berbatov Taarabt

Bent

Subs - Etheridge,  Hughes , Karagounis, Kacaniklic , Kasami , Ruiz , Rodallega

Some good options off the bench. 

We won today with Bent , Rodallega & Ruiz unused subs very positive start to the season, roll on next week!

Be happy with that team. Hughes should stay in if Amorebieta not fully fit. If a creator has been signed, put him in instead of one Boateng or Sidwell.

Humbled

Prefer the the 1st option.... Bent up top giving us the ability to hit on the counter and create more room for our creative midfielders.
The wide men will need to help out defensively so that may give Duff the upper hand on one of the flanks.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Humbled on August 17, 2013, 10:44:29 PM
Prefer the the 1st option.... Bent up top giving us the ability to hit on the counter and create more room for our creative midfielders.
The wide men will need to help out defensively so that may give Duff the upper hand on one of the flanks.

With Sidwell and Boateng at CM, the wingers don't need to be as defensive.

grandad

That´s what he´s paid for. As you say, a difficult position & we still want a creative midfielder. I wouldn´t start with Sidwell though.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Brown@FFC

I'd go with:

Stekelenburg/Stockdale

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta/Hughes Richardson/Briggs

Dejagah Sidwell Boateng/Newby Taarabt

Bent Berbatov