watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is Daniel Levy's problem?

Started by Alfayedslovechild, August 18, 2013, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfayedslovechild

Some people call the guy a shrewd businessman, well 99.9% of their fans do, but I find the guy to be an absolute deluded moron.

Now, he wants 4 million for the soon to be 33 year old Scott Parker. His excuse being that we pay 2 million more than the Ha Ha's because we're a Premiership club.

Half the time he thinks he's being clever, but what he's actually doing is pricing Parker out of a Premiership move, which could be his last. He done it with Huddlestone wanting 10 million quid first off making him sit on the Spurs bench for 2 seasons longer than he had to. Where is he now, Dull City.

When Levy wants a player, he'll have no problems tapping us up whether its last minute or taking our prize asset. In the future.

I'd highly recommend Fulham not to do any more business with this guy and when he does come calling again simply say nope, 20 million.

jelmo

Hes doing us a favour here. After watching yesterdays game its obvious that parker isnt the answer to our midfield problem.

ffc73

We should walk away from a deal for Parker if these reports are correct

bucksfulham

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Whilst Levey may well be a "deluded" moron or a shrewd businessman you kinda wish we had played his game with him as far as negotiations for the D & Ds were concerned

History of course but we might possibly have kept one or both or possibly got much more for them 12 months ago

Instead we role over....but will we for Parker?

Fulham76

We're not that desperate for Parker, (I hope). A decent player but looks like he'll have to waste the last few years of his career with those useless jokers, the ha ha's. I'm sure he'll be well pleased with Levy for that!

fulhamben

I don't even want Parker at 2 million. I would much rather Kasami in that role than a 33 year old. If we are not going to buy a youngish midfielder then don't bother buying one at all. For far too long now and I'm including murphy latter years here too we have had far too slow and un energetic cm's in the middle of our park. Yes they all did there bit for us ( bubble, Baird, murphy, Dickson,even sidwell) but I've seen what the likes of David and Kasami can now do. So as a rule of thumb, if they can't get up and down the pitch for a full 90, then we shouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Parker is appalling. £2m is a rip and god knows what wages he's on. Good luck Harry.

Nero

Give the youth a chance Southampton had 3 eighteen years old in there team yesterday would you ever see that happening at Fulham and weve won the u18 league. We hold them back hold them back send them on  loan to L1/2  then free transfer to a L1 club Give the kids a chance if the target this Year isnt Europa league what have we got to lose.

Fulham76

We definately don't need Parker. If rangers owners were any good at running a football club, (which they clearly aren't, some of the worst in fact),  they'd have wrapped this up by now & he'd no longer be an option.
Not surprised Parker's taking his time though. The only reason players go to those bitter jokers is for the cash. It's hardly the history or packed out stadiums with unbelievable atmosphere is it.
If we are genuinely in for him, he's coming to us. No player with any ambition will join that poxy little outfit over us, or any other premier league team or that matter.

MJG

Quote from: Nero on August 18, 2013, 11:46:31 AM
Give the youth a chance Southampton had 3 eighteen years old in there team yesterday would you ever see that happening at Fulham and weve won the u18 league. We hold them back hold them back send them on  loan to L1/2  then free transfer to a L1 club Give the kids a chance if the target this Year isnt Europa league what have we got to lose.
I watched the U21's the other night and really apart from David and maybe Trotta I don't see any getting a sniff of premier league football this season.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 18, 2013, 12:24:09 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 18, 2013, 11:46:31 AM
I watched the U21's the other night and really apart from David and maybe Trotta I don't see any getting a sniff of premier league football this season.
if you get 2 players a year make the match day squad then that's a fantastic return.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

And we still have Frei/Mesca to get a chance this year as well.

Roberty

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 18, 2013, 11:13:52 AM
Whilst Levey may well be a "deluded" moron or a shrewd businessman you kinda wish we had played his game with him as far as negotiations for the D & Ds were concerned

History of course but we might possibly have kept one or both or possibly got much more for them 12 months ago

Instead we role over....but will we for Parker?

What negotiations? Have you forgotten that Dembele had a release clause in his contract and that was all anyone had to pay to get him. As far a Dempsey is concerned, we were lucky that Villa made an offer because it meant that Spuds had to match that.

This game of poker has three players and Parker is perfectly entitled to sit on his hands and wait for Levy to accept an offer from a club that he wants to join and of course it does not have to be the highest offer if Spuds want or need to sell him. That is what happened when Crouch went from Portsmouth to Spurs - he would not sign for any of the clubs that offered more that Spuds.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

General

I'm intrigued to know how a story that started off in the daily express is being given such attention by you guys... The only people keeping the story going on twitter are QPR fans. Give it a rest. Jols not exactly done badly in the transfer window and I'm sure Parker or no Parker the lure of London, the premiership, his reputation and playing alongside berbatov/bent/amorebieta/stekelenburg and others is enough to entice a good enough CM.

David Allen Crankshaw

I can't understand why we would ever want Parker and to actually pay for the guy would be madness.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 18, 2013, 11:13:52 AM

Dembele had a release 15m release clause and we got 6m for a late-20s outside midfielder where it was clear he wasn't going to play for us again.

As for Parker, no thanks. At any price, really.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 18, 2013, 11:56:13 AM
We definately don't need Parker. If rangers owners were any good at running a football club, (which they clearly aren't, some of the worst in fact),  they'd have wrapped this up by now & he'd no longer be an option.
Not surprised Parker's taking his time though. The only reason players go to those bitter jokers is for the cash. It's hardly the history or packed out stadiums with unbelievable atmosphere is it.
If we are genuinely in for him, he's coming to us. No player with any ambition will join that poxy little outfit over us,rorganic any other premier league team or that matter.

:plus one:

The Old Count

Denver Fulham is spot on regarding The two D's.

Parker could do a job here but he would be a gamble. We won't pay that money for him.

And all of you who say Parker is crap. Most, if not all, Premier league managers disagree with you. As does Roy H.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 18, 2013, 11:16:16 AM
We're not that desperate for Parker, (I hope). A decent player but looks like he'll have to waste the last few years of his career with those useless jokers, the ha ha's. I'm sure he'll be well pleased with Levy for that!

064.gif