watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spending cash catch 22.

Started by Southdowns White, August 18, 2013, 08:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

The problem with Fulham is that they have got to remain low key with any cash they may have. Many other middle and lower placed teams in the Premier league have spent their reserves of tv money and small allowance from their boardrooms, what none of these teams did have was a new very wealthy Chairman who nobody really knows what he is going to do with his money. I don't think he wants to spend, spend,spend like some chairman but if he sends the wrong signal out from day one and spends 15-20 million in his first few weeks every player we are interested in will rocket in value as soon as we are linked. Look what happend this weekend Parker 2m to QPR and 4m to us and at the haha's down the road how much money was wasted over the last two years. I honestly think we will bring in two players (and pay good money for them) before the transfer window closes , this will send a subtle signal to us Fulham faithful that he and his board have the longterm future of our club in hand, keeping in tune mith Chairman Mo. Maybe our Board do not have any money to spend this year especially if you are going to invest in a new stand next year.
For some of you non belivers you do have to ask the question though, Why does someone spend a huge amount of money on a club like Fulham and then see your investment go down the drain by not spending money to maintain the investment. Our Chairman is far from niave in business and far from stupid so i belive he will ease into his chairmanship for the benefit of both himself and the future of our club.

Nero

Im to looking forward to Ericsson joining from psv

valdeingruo

Quote from: Nero on August 18, 2013, 08:28:43 PM
Im to looking forward to Ericsson joining from psv

If we got Erikson it would honestly be the shock transfer of the window.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Johnh

I have a feeling Mo took what he could from the club before the takeover , Dembele money and all....remember that dodgy £16 million loan we took out? Cant blame him as he had to re-coup what he could, but this could be the reason we do not have much cash this season.

OxfordWhite

Mo wouldn't need to take money, poor theory. His money is also not as dirty as some football owners so his interests were not in laundering so less likely to do anything.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

valdeingruo

Quote from: westcliff white on August 18, 2013, 10:29:45 PM
isn't erikson at ajax

thats correct, unless there happens to be one there too
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Johnh

I didn't say anything about laundering,

MJG

Quote from: Johnh on August 18, 2013, 09:43:26 PM
I have a feeling Mo took what he could from the club before the takeover , Dembele money and all....remember that dodgy £16 million loan we took out? Cant blame him as he had to re-coup what he could, but this could be the reason we do not have much cash this season.
the loan was to cover the summer costs leading up to the next TV payment. This loan has need been paid off.
It was about MAF not covering anymore debts while the sale took place.
The whole 22m for D&D just goes into the club accounts, he's not taken it as you say.
Also Jol has pretty much spent the same as we have sold so that money has been used.
I suggest people look at the money we have brought in from transfers and spent since Jol joined and you might be surprised. And that does not include fees paid to players who were 'free'