watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

COYW!!!

Started by Luffy86, August 18, 2013, 09:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luffy86

Now how can teams like Norwich, Southampton, Swansea and West Ham have in the region of £25m+ to spend on new players yet we're only limited to a fist full of free transfers and season long loans....??? It does really make me wonder what goes on with our beloved club??? I mean surely £25m would be ample amounts for us to make a brilliant team and fill in the missing pieces, and with the new tv deals it would appear that other clubs are investing some of that money into their teams and strengthening!!! When I hear Martin Jol say we have no money, it really does puzzle me, how are these other teams able to do so and not us?? We must have money to spend, surely...!!?? We've just been bought out by a billionaire.... I thought I read somewhere that we are now one of the richest clubs in the premiership.... I don't want £100m spent but come on let's at least spend the same amount as want Lawrie Sanchez was given, Martin would attract some talent with that kind if dough..
I'm trying so hard to stay optimistic In the hope that we see those couple of signings that we all want to see, but the pessimistic side is trying to over power!!
Don't get me wrong I am pleased with the changes to the squad, I just want to see that extra bit of intent and show that we mean business and want to push on to the next level..... COYW!! In Khan, Jol and Alistair I trust... Don't let us down!!

Fulham76

Quote from: Luffy86 on August 18, 2013, 09:10:05 PM
Now how can teams like Norwich, Southampton, Swansea and West Ham have in the region of £25m+ to spend on new players yet we're only limited to a fist full of free transfers and season long loans....??? It does really make me wonder what goes on with our beloved club??? I mean surely £25m would be ample amounts for us to make a brilliant team and fill in the missing pieces, and with the new tv deals it would appear that other clubs are investing some of that money into their teams and strengthening!!! When I hear Martin Jol say we have no money, it really does puzzle me, how are these other teams able to do so and not us?? We must have money to spend, surely...!!?? We've just been bought out by a billionaire.... I thought I read somewhere that we are now one of the richest clubs in the premiership.... I don't want £100m spent but come on let's at least spend the same amount as want Lawrie Sanchez was given, Martin would attract some talent with that kind if dough..
I'm trying so hard to stay optimistic In the hope that we see those couple of signings that we all want to see, but the pessimistic side is trying to over power!!
Don't get me wrong I am pleased with the changes to the squad, I just want to see that extra bit of intent and show that we mean business and want to push on to the next level..... COYW!! In Khan, Jol and Alistair I trust... Don't let us down!!

The lack of investment is even more strange noting Al Fayed left us completely debt free. Therefore, as a business, financially we're in excellent shape & with the additional tv money seems strange we've spent next to nothing. We may go on & spend big in the next 2 weeks but it is a little worrying teams like Norwich & Cardiff are investing so much more than us.

OxfordWhite

We aren't a financially sustainable club, Khan is being sensible and trying to make us sustainable. Then and only then do I expect a lot of money to be spent.

Markffc123

i like the way fulham are run-its a smart way to do business we dont want to be like leeds,qpr and pompey for that matter...look at where they are -theyre plying there trade in the championship and league 2 respectively-we are a well run club-we wont be hassled and overturned in prices we want to pay-if loans and free transfers are the way we want to do business then so be it-i have not really seen us get a bad freebie or loanee of late!-if we want to buy them then im sure we will but only if the price is right.

Nero

Think a lot of the money is gong on the U21s

God The Mechanic

None of those teams are planning on a stadium expansion.