watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker for 3.5 million

Started by OxfordWhite, August 18, 2013, 11:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

We could easily get 3 seasons out of Parker,  I would prefer Chantome but Parker would be a good signing

CincyFulham1

Brown@FFC

I'm not against this transfer, Parker is a good player, and will be a starter if brought in. I just hope it is not for £3.5m, £2m at most, purely because of he age. Typical Levy.

Count Berbatov

If you get Parker, there won't be a need for 2 defensive midfielders - he'd be plenty. This will allow you to play 5 attacking minded players. Berba, Bent, Ruiz, Taarabt, Dejagah plus Kaca for one of those. Just imagine..!
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

premFlem

Jol doesn't want a creative midfielder?
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Deanothefulhamfan

Parker would go straight into our first team.... Much better than Boateng and Sidwell.... That being said I would not be happy that we are paying almost double what QPR would pay. Lets face it he will be good for one more season so 3.5 million is bad business... Hope its a loan deal or for 2 million. Levy is a joker and the fact he is asking for almost double from us is embarresing of we go ahead with it.

David Allen Crankshaw

Crazy if true. How can we honestly want to pay £3.5 million for a player of his age.

CincyFulham1

Levy wants us to pay more because we are in the EPL, it's blackmail and the club should tell spurs to FO

epsomraver

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 18, 2013, 11:47:24 PM
I can't understand the lack of enthusiasm for this one. I think he would be a great signing  049:gif.

The guy was playing for England 18 months ago and is quality. Is he better than Boateng? Yes. Is he better than Sidwell? Yes. So he would improve our squad, would he not?

:plus one:

Ruiz11

Parker would be a very good signing; okay, he's not the creative midfielder we crave but how many of those are there that we could realistically hope to sign?

epsomraver

But he is a creative midfielder!

SaltfordWhite

This  'creative midfielder' myth that the team apparently 'needs' is the stuff of school boys.

Matt Inglis

I personally think we need a DM really badly. I am sure that Boateng is a top player but if he were to get injured or suspended we would need someone to cover that position, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who wouldn't trust Sidwell to do that.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

fulhamfever

Diarra is coming back which hopefully will be good news. My opinion we need 2 more creative midfielders and with Mesca and Chris David we are sorted for wingers as backup.

Ordar

What we need in CM, rather than a creative midfielder as such, is someone who can transition the ball from the back to our creative players. We actually have loads of creativity up the pitch, whichever attacking 4 players we play (Bent, Berbatov, Ruiz, Taarabt, Kacaniklic, Dejagah, Kasami, Mesca, Duff) the ball just never gets there. What made Dembele successful in that role wasnt his goal scoring or creativity (as he wasnt particularly potent at either), but his ability to take the ball from the defence and successfully transition it to our forward thinking players.

This is why Parker has been linked so heavily for us, as thats pretty much his entire game. I'm not saying 3.5m is a good deal at all, but he's exactly the type of player who can do that job. Its a bit like the role Joe Allen did at Swansea. (and no I dont rate Joe Allen). I've not seen Chatome play, so dont know if he has that sort of game but thats what we should be looking for. Which is why Gargano would have been a great buy

Jack Fulham

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on August 19, 2013, 10:24:47 AM
This  'creative midfielder' myth that the team apparently 'needs' is the stuff of school boys.

I've said this before. It doesn't need to be a playmaker although it would be nice, just someone who can link transition the play from defence to attack as Boateng and Sidwell aren't the best at this. Always seen Parker as a midfield destroyer myself. He would of been a grand partner for Danny Murphy a few years ago though.

Alternative

A loan would be bad enough. Paying millions for a player who is nearly thirty three is ridiculous.

alfie

Quote from: Alternative on August 19, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
A loan would be bad enough. Paying millions for a player who is nearly thirty three is ridiculous.

I think we all know by now that fulham never reveal payments unless they are required to do so,  i reckon this figure has just been thrown in there for cosmetic dressing, in saying that it could however be true.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Old Count

Didn't we end up paying 2.5 mil for Danny Murphy aT 32....and what a bargain he turned out to be.

Parker is Murphyesque.  Just what we need.

Alternative

Quote from: The Old Count on August 19, 2013, 12:05:06 PM
Didn't we end up paying 2.5 mil for Danny Murphy aT 32....and what a bargain he turned out to be.

Parker is Murphyesque.  Just what we need.

Murphy signed for Fulham in 2007 - six years ago. He is 36 years old now. Do the calculation.

The fee was undisclosed.

Parker is no Murphy.