watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Streaming a match

Started by f5shooter, August 22, 2013, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f5shooter

Since we get all the games here in the US now due to NBC coverage.  I was wondering how hard it would be to stream games to a site for FoF members to view?  I don't have unlimited bandwidth to stream it to a lot of folks, but would I need that much to just offer it to people here?

Secondly, how hard would it be to do?  I'd just need to set up an account at twitch or something and offer a link, right?

Just thinking a stream with only a limited number of folks using might offer better quality to people here than trying to get it off one of the bigger sites with thousands trying to access it.

Walsh

Streaming doesn't take up more bandwidth on the amount of people who are watching, it just means the website you're using will be under more heat.

** EDIT: Sorry about the errors I made in the post, I was in a rush **

Logicalman

The main (non-technical) issue you will find is that if your ISP catches you at it, they can shut you down.

here's a link to get you started:: how stream live video

f5shooter

Quote from: Logicalman on August 23, 2013, 12:41:54 AM
The main (non-technical) issue you will find is that if your ISP catches you at it, they can shut you down.

Thanks.  But that way sounds terrible.  I mean, I don't want to hook a camera up to the computer and have it sitting in front of my tv sending a picture of the tv screen.  I'm assuming there must be a way I can stream the video straight from the cable box to the computer to increase the quality.

I'll keep tinkering and see if I can do it.  I doubt my ISP would notice a stream 2 hours a week, as I wouldn't be streaming anything else.

Walsh

Quote from: f5shooter on August 23, 2013, 03:13:02 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 23, 2013, 12:41:54 AM

Thanks.  But that way sounds terrible.  I mean, I don't want to hook a camera up to the computer and have it sitting in front of my tv sending a picture of the tv screen.  I'm assuming there must be a way I can stream the video straight from the cable box to the computer to increase the quality.

I'll keep tinkering and see if I can do it.  I doubt my ISP would notice a stream 2 hours a week, as I wouldn't be streaming anything else.

I wouldn't worry about your ISP (they wont make the effort to get you busted unless you did it on a daily basis) and you can get a caption card if it's through your box, not too sure on the price and/or any other methods but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get going.