more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol press conference

Started by Zu-Meister, August 23, 2013, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Quote from: epsomraver on August 23, 2013, 01:32:24 PM
Bit harsh on Richardson, i am sure he was not looking to get injured, let's slag off a player for getting injured, boo our new loan signing  , I despair sometimes fp.gif
To be fair though. Its like the 5th time this has happened. Also, I dont agree with the booing of Taarabt (that was odd) but you must admit that Richardson is a waste of wages/a squad place...

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 01:39:15 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:32:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 01:28:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 23, 2013, 01:22:07 PM
Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Parker Sidwell Taarabt

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Boateng , Kasami , Kacaniklic , Duff , Bent

That will be the line up although Bent should start
i still think he will play ruiz next to parker, whiltshire and ramsey will be camped in our half if we persist with 2 dm's

Both Sidwell and Parker can be box to box players. So makes sense to play them
yes of course they can. sidwell run the midfield against sunderland didnt he. and i cant see a 33 year old dm playing the anchor role going box to box much

Ah sarcasm. Not sure Ruiz in midfield is much of an option. But we will see. No doubt Jol will put in Kasami again. Be interesting.
worked against arsenal last season at home. and sidwell has played with numerous players alongside him, and not once has sidwell been able to get the ball forwards with any consistancy. he might be able to go box to box, but he certainly cant do it with the ball at his feet. he is a midfield destroyer who sometimes chips in with a goal (and he is good at that).  if sidwell was the answer to the defence to attack transition, we would have seen it by now. now jol might want to just sit back and hope for breaks, but unless bent starts then we will be just as slow as last year. even slower with no ashkan and kaca playing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 23, 2013, 01:40:57 PM
I'm really worried about starting Briggs against Arsenal - against Walcott. If Richardson is unavailable (which clearly he is) then we should just swallow our pride and get Riise in.
riise is to slow to handle walcott. briggs will be fine

Ruiz11

Kacaniklic will start, Ruiz will play instead of Bent and we'll lose due to Jol's insistence on playing a 4-4-1-1 that doesn't bloody work. Start Bent for heaven's sake and at least make Ruiz work for his starting place, like last year when he had a point to prove at Reading after being left on the bench, scoring a screamer as soon as he came on.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: IranianCottager on August 23, 2013, 01:35:30 PM
Any news on Dejagah?
no mention, i think hes fine though, apparently it was because of the travel from iran that he didnt play last week, might have been a small knock too.

Barrie

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:48:55 PM
I'm really worried about starting Briggs against Arsenal - against Walcott. If Richardson is unavailable (which clearly he is) then we should just swallow our pride and get Riise in.

Admire your optimism.  If Briggs keeps Walcott in his pocket, I'll take back everything I say about him.

fulhamben

Quote from: Ruiz11 on August 23, 2013, 01:52:41 PM
Kacaniklic will start, Ruiz will play instead of Bent and we'll lose due to Jol's insistence on playing a 4-4-1-1 that doesn't bloody work. Start Bent for heaven's sake and at least make Ruiz work for his starting place, like last year when he had a point to prove at Reading after being left on the bench, scoring a screamer as soon as he came on.
but by your theory shouldnt bent have to work for his place too? ruiz looked decent in pre season and can get goals if he is allowed to stay high up the pitch. which wont happen with a sidders parker combo

IranianCottager

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 23, 2013, 01:53:07 PM
Any news on Dejagah?
no mention, i think hes fine though, apparently it was because of the travel from iran that he didnt play last week, might have been a small knock too.
Ok, I think he's fine too, but last time, we were all surprised when he wasn't in the squad @ Sunderland. Probably just a small knock, as you said.
He didn't travel to Iran btw, we did not have a friendly last week.

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrie on August 23, 2013, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:48:55 PM

Admire your optimism.  If Briggs keeps Walcott in his pocket, I'll take back everything I say about him.
riise is in massive decline and will not get any better. and as to theo, there are very few players in the world that can keep him in their pocket. its what the rest of the team does on the odd occassion that he gets through that counts

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:37:11 PM
Bit harsh on Richardson, i am sure he was not looking to get injured, let's slag off a player for getting injured, boo our new loan signing  , I despair sometimes fp.gif
bit harsh on fulham, bet they didnt realise they were buying a player that can not last 20 mins. do you think kieran is giving back all the wages he is earning whilst injured? cos lets behonest it would be unfair for him to pick them up. unfairness has nothing to do with it. kieran doesnt meet our requirements and should be moved on. why should we waste wages, a squad place and risk our matchday plans just to play him.

Martin Jol has to be blamed for signing Richardson. He was a well known sick note even before he came to Fulham, so it was no suprise to me. What was a suprise, is that his injuries are now becoming much worse to the point that we can't even rely on the guy. Good footballer on his day, but anyone that can only last 19 minutes of game is a total waste of money. Complete panic buy, his contract should be cancelled.

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 23, 2013, 01:13:16 PM
Stekelenburg out but not serious. Amorebieta also sidelined but Kaca back among the subs

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 23, 2013, 01:13:16 PM
Stekelenburg out but not serious. Amorebieta also sidelined but Kaca back among the subs

Another well known sick note, Amorebieta that is. Martin Jol does like a sick note.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: IranianCottager on August 23, 2013, 01:56:43 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 23, 2013, 01:53:07 PM
Any news on Dejagah?
Ok, I think he's fine too, but last time, we were all surprised when he wasn't in the squad @ Sunderland. Probably just a small knock, as you said.
He didn't travel to Iran btw, we did not have a friendly last week.
oh really? read somewhere he had a friendly. oh well, thats changed things a bit then. either way, desperate for him to be fit, if he played last time against arsenal we would have won.

Jack Fulham

Stockdale

Ruiz

Berbatov

i still think he will play ruiz next to parker, whiltshire and ramsey will be camped in our half if we persist with 2 dm's

yes of course they can. sidwell run the midfield against sunderland didnt he. and i cant see a 33 year old dm playing the anchor role going box to box much

Parker is not a holding midfielder. Dembele played deeper than him when Parker was at Spurs. I'm sure we will see Paker all over the place.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 23, 2013, 02:02:29 PM
Stockdale

Ruiz

Berbatov

Parker is not a holding midfielder. Dembele played deeper than him when Parker was at Spurs. I'm sure we will see Paker all over the place.
he is a dm who jol himself said will play the anchor role.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on August 23, 2013, 01:59:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:37:11 PM
Martin Jol has to be blamed for signing Richardson. He was a well known sick note even before he came to Fulham, so it was no suprise to me. What was a suprise, is that his injuries are now becoming much worse to the point that we can't even rely on the guy. Good footballer on his day, but anyone that can only last 19 minutes of game is a total waste of money. Complete panic buy, his contract should be cancelled.

Really?

In the four years before coming to us he played 32, 29, 26 and 29 League games for Sunderland

Lighthouse

I am getting my excuses in early. We are missing three out of our first pick back five.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 02:26:52 PM
I am getting my excuses in early. We are missing three out of our first pick back five.
lol. can i add that bent taraabt and parker arent match fit yet either

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 02:28:24 PM

Exactly. I feel better already.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 02:31:05 PM

That's it, were going to lose..

fulhamben

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on August 23, 2013, 02:32:47 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 02:31:05 PM

That's it, were going to lose..
thats the spirit, but not only will we lose but it will be buy ten goals with 3 red cards and 4 injuries