https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol press conference

Started by Zu-Meister, August 23, 2013, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:48:55 PM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 23, 2013, 01:40:57 PM
I'm really worried about starting Briggs against Arsenal - against Walcott. If Richardson is unavailable (which clearly he is) then we should just swallow our pride and get Riise in.
riise is to slow to handle walcott. briggs will be fine
If he tries to play him standing 10 yards off him like he did last tie then Walcott will have another field day, it will be interesting to see if Briggs has learned to push up on a player and stop him from turning as he has yet to do it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on August 23, 2013, 02:32:47 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 02:28:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 02:26:52 PM
I am getting my excuses in early. We are missing three out of our first pick back five.
lol. can i add that bent taraabt and parker arent match fit yet either

Exactly. I feel better already.

That's it, were going to lose..

As people have kept on about Arsenal and their injury problems nobody has mentioned ours. Rather nice to know we have injury and fitness problems yet are still going into the game having little idea who Jol will pick or how he will play. If we can put in a display against a top 4 or 5  side  with our many problems it will show how far we have come. Whatever the result.

The headlines if Arsenal do poorly will be 'Arsenal season in turmoil' If they do well 'Arsenal back on track'. Nobody will think of the team they are playing or the problems we have.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 23, 2013, 02:08:59 PM
Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on August 23, 2013, 01:59:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:37:11 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 23, 2013, 01:32:24 PM
Bit harsh on Richardson, i am sure he was not looking to get injured, let's slag off a player for getting injured, boo our new loan signing  , I despair sometimes fp.gif
Martin Jol has to be blamed for signing Richardson. He was a well known sick note even before he came to Fulham, so it was no suprise to me. What was a suprise, is that his injuries are now becoming much worse to the point that we can't even rely on the guy. Good footballer on his day, but anyone that can only last 19 minutes of game is a total waste of money. Complete panic buy, his contract should be cancelled.

Really?

In the four years before coming to us he played 32, 29, 26 and 29 League games for Sunderland

He also passed our famous 2 day medical. I blame the medical department, should have been a bit more thorough!!

Jack Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 02:08:05 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 23, 2013, 02:02:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:32:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 01:28:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 23, 2013, 01:22:07 PM
Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Parker Sidwell Taarabt

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Boateng , Kasami , Kacaniklic , Duff , Bent

That will be the line up although Bent should start
i still think he will play ruiz next to parker, whiltshire and ramsey will be camped in our half if we persist with 2 dm's

Both Sidwell and Parker can be box to box players. So makes sense to play them
yes of course they can. sidwell run the midfield against sunderland didnt he. and i cant see a 33 year old dm playing the anchor role going box to box much

Parker is not a holding midfielder. Dembele played deeper than him when Parker was at Spurs. I'm sure we will see Paker all over the place.
he is a dm who jol himself said will play the anchor role.

Fair enough, didn't see that quote. Will see how that goes then.

Beamer

Reading between the lines of the interview, can't see Jol playing Taarbat in front of Briggs as a left side pairing as he made specific mention of Walcott. More likely Briggs/Duff for this one or Riise to start. Would sooner we concentrated on going at sides at home rather than worrying about who they have. Every side has potential match winners at this level - but do feel that MJ is right that this is probably (and with perhaps 1 more addition) the strongest squad we have had in a long time.

jmh

Nothing too surprising in there, I don't think.  Didn't reveal much about who will play, though I suppose it's safe to make a few assumptions.

Steve_orino

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: Barrie on August 23, 2013, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:48:55 PM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 23, 2013, 01:40:57 PM
I'm really worried about starting Briggs against Arsenal - against Walcott. If Richardson is unavailable (which clearly he is) then we should just swallow our pride and get Riise in.
riise is to slow to handle walcott. briggs will be fine

Admire your optimism.  If Briggs keeps Walcott in his pocket, I'll take back everything I say about him.
riise is in massive decline and will not get any better. and as to theo, there are very few players in the world that can keep him in their pocket. its what the rest of the team does on the odd occassion that he gets through that counts

Assuming we start Briggs, I'd like to see Duff started at LM to help provide cover & assisstance to him.  I don't think Duff offers as much in attack on the Left as he does on the Right but his workrate could prove valuable.

For our CM's, I think we start Boateng & Parker.  I see Boateng as the anchor (despite what Jol said) & Parker as the link between defense & attack.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

alfie

Bit harsh on Richardson, i am sure he was not looking to get injured, let's slag off a player for getting injured, boo our new loan signing  , I despair sometimes fp.gif

:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on August 23, 2013, 06:27:17 PM
Bit harsh on Richardson, i am sure he was not looking to get injured, let's slag off a player for getting injured, boo our new loan signing  , I despair sometimes fp.gif

jelmo

Quote from: RaySmith on August 23, 2013, 06:31:46 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 23, 2013, 06:27:17 PM

Really??? +1??

Has Richardson really been that much of a fulham legend that his whole situation since he arrived here is beyond criticism? Wow...
Mental note... Always be positive all of the time.

filham

Briggs has been on the scene now for some five or more years, has played over 20 premiership games and had a lot of 1st team football with different clubs on loan. If he is going to make the grade for us in the premiership then surely this season is when he should command a place in the squad. With Riise throwing his toys out of the pram and Richardson turning into the eternal sicknote the opportunity is there for Briggs,

Tomorrow's match is immense for Briggs, lets all get right behind him . It would be great if he could tame Walcot.

Fulham1959

It's a forlorn hope, no doubt, but if either or both of Stockdale and Briggs put in less than stellar performances tomorrow, can we PLEASE keep any criticism to a reasonable level ?

We all have / have had 'bad days at the office' and (for the most part) that's even when we don't have someone trying to stop us doing our job or making us look incompetent.  Big match for both of them, assuming Briggs plays.

Deanothefulhamfan

The love for richardson is hilarious, as is the fact Riise is being discussed as a starter.... Im not Briggs biggest fan as a defender his positioning is questionable, but Briggs is one of the few players in our squad that has considerable pace, which is what Walcott is all about, Riise was one of our worst performers last season  add to that he has acted like a spoilt brat and thrown his toys out of the pram makes me even more convinced that I hope he never wewrs a fulham top again.... I think Keeping a closer eye on Cazorla and Wilshere will be more of a concern for our team tomorrow

St Eve

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 23, 2013, 01:19:22 PM
Injury news: Kieran Richardson is set to be out of action for 3-4 matches
how unusual

Riverside

I would play Duff in front of Briggs and we should be secure on the left .
Harsh on Kaca or Kasami I know .
But Duffs defensive contribution has always been exemplary .

fulhamben

Quote from: Riverside on August 23, 2013, 07:03:29 PM
I would play Duff in front of Briggs and we should be secure on the left .
Harsh on Kaca or Kasami I know .
But Duffs defensive contribution has always been exemplary .
yes but kaca has been fantastic agaisnt arsenal. surely if fit he has to start. why defend them when theo can spend all game trying to track  kac. theres a song in that. youll never track the kaca
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JackyFulham90

Taarabt will start on the left tomorrow, Jol has confirmed Kacaniklic will be back on the bench

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 23, 2013, 08:06:37 PM
Taarabt will start on the left tomorrow, Jol has confirmed Kacaniklic will be back on the bench
damn. oh well at least he is on the bench
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 01:39:15 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:32:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2013, 01:28:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2013, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 23, 2013, 01:22:07 PM
Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Parker Sidwell Taarabt

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Boateng , Kasami , Kacaniklic , Duff , Bent

That will be the line up although Bent should start
i still think he will play ruiz next to parker, whiltshire and ramsey will be camped in our half if we persist with 2 dm's

Both Sidwell and Parker can be box to box players. So makes sense to play them
yes of course they can. sidwell run the midfield against sunderland didnt he. and i cant see a 33 year old dm playing the anchor role going box to box much

Ah sarcasm. Not sure Ruiz in midfield is much of an option. But we will see. No doubt Jol will put in Kasami again. Be interesting.
worked against arsenal last season at home. and sidwell has played with numerous players alongside him, and not once has sidwell been able to get the ball forwards with any consistancy. he might be able to go box to box, but he certainly cant do it with the ball at his feet. he is a midfield destroyer who sometimes chips in with a goal (and he is good at that).  if sidwell was the answer to the defence to attack transition, we would have seen it by now. now jol might want to just sit back and hope for breaks, but unless bent starts then we will be just as slow as last year. even slower with no ashkan and kaca playing

I once had a girlfriend called Pandora - but I never got to see her box....................

Let's hope that Studwell stays long enough on the pitch to get into Arsenal's box along with Ruiz, Berbs, Bent et al & DO something like score, like loads of goals like
What a time to take Arsenal to the cleaners
Box to box
Boxing hard
Robbie Box
COYW!