watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Stoke

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, May 04, 2010, 10:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

I have a feeling that we will see a near full strength side tomorrow as Roy will want to give the first teamers one more game before the final. Wednesday night would be perfect to do it as they have a week to recover and it keeps the players in game mode.

Add to this that if we beat Stoke we will in all probability finish 10th then this becomes an important game.

Of course the flip side is that Stoke are a bunch of violent, leg breaking fools which means there is a potential for injuries.

Regardless, I would go with

--------Schwarzer--------

Paintsil--Hughes--Hangeland-- Konch

Duff--Murphy--Etuhu--Dempsey

Gera

Okaka

I would then replace Gera, Duff and Murphy on 60mins.

Thoughts?

bigalffc

I would'nt risk any of our first eleven against stoke. As you rightly say they are a bunch of leg breakers. We don't need the points that bad! :046:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Lighthouse

Would still like to see Dika,Greening,Riise,Nevland,Okaka,Shorey play. The whole squad will be applauded and the end as it is the last home game and that team that takes the field is still good enough to make tenth.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

I can see Roy putting a 'full strength' squad out against the Arse but not Stoke

jarv

Second string team a must. Personally, I would even wrap Schwartzer up and not let him anywhere near the Stoke thugs. He has to be the most important player for the final.
I think the team will be a 50/50 selection. No team wants to lose the last home game. 0-0 and no injuries will suit me.

JBH

With the Stoke Manager Pukeliss and their Players being well known for dirty tactics i hope RH plays a reserve side.

Stockdale

Shorey
Briggs
Smalling
Kelly

Greening
Digcakoi
Riise
Brown

Okaka
Elm

Subs
Zuber
Marsh Brown
Trotta
Stoor
Andranik
Buychmann
Uwezu

Its the only way to ensure a fit squad for Europe, Roy may give the 1st team a run out at Arsenal

Huge

How long do you think it will take to drive to Stoke?
The Dude abides

JBH

Quote from: Huge on May 04, 2010, 04:50:15 PM
How long do you think it will take to drive to Stoke?

I Don't care as the game is at the Cottage  :005:

Huge

That i knew but i thought i would ask the question in a Stoke thread as i am going there on Saturday for Alton Towers. I must have looked a plumb then
The Dude abides

JBH

Yes you looked like a Plum  :005: It should take no more than around 3 hrs to get to Alton Towers fron London.

Have fun.

SoCalJoe

I would have to think that most of the regular eleven will feature. It will not be lost on Roy that a true servant of the club Erik Nevland will be making his final home appearance. The Viking will either start or sub to get proper thank you and good luck from the supporters.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

FulhamGK

Agreed about Nevland.  He will definitely get a run out.
Don't mess with Texas!

Tom

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 04, 2010, 10:46:31 AM
I have a feeling that we will see a near full strength side tomorrow as Roy will want to give the first teamers one more game before the final. Wednesday night would be perfect to do it as they have a week to recover and it keeps the players in game mode.

Add to this that if we beat Stoke we will in all probability finish 10th then this becomes an important game.

Of course the flip side is that Stoke are a bunch of violent, leg breaking fools which means there is a potential for injuries.

Gera

Okaka

Thoughts?
+1, I totally agree and like the lineup and the starters need a run out and do have a week to rest for the final. You don't want the starters to have not played for a week and a half. We need them to be sharp. These are world class athletes and if a week of rest isn't enough for them then they shouldn't be on our team. Plus this is the game you go after the 3 points to finish in 10th place and not the game at Arsenal.
Fulham for life!

JBH

Quote from: Tom on May 04, 2010, 06:55:31 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 04, 2010, 10:46:31 AM

Gera

Okaka

Thoughts?
+1, I totally agree and like the lineup and the starters need a run out and do have a week to rest for the final. You don't want the starters to have not played for a week and a half. We need them to be sharp. These are world class athletes and if a week of rest isn't enough for them then they shouldn't be on our team. Plus this is the game you go after the 3 points to finish in 10th place and not the game at Arsenal.

Too dangerous to risk the whole 1st team v Stoke, they will know our boys won't want to get injured and therefore stick the foot in from minute 1

FatFreddysCat

I agree with Tom  WTF  :015: . Play the first team against Stoke then give them all a rest for a week, playing Arsenal will be very tiring trying to get the ball of them. Ok more likely to get injured against Stoke, but fecking knackered chasing  Arsenal, plus more likely to beat Stoke.