https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chrissy Coleman Sacked By Cov

Started by White Noise, May 04, 2010, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/8659442.stm

Chris Coleman sacked by Coventry City 

Coventry City have sacked manager Chris Coleman after finishing 19th in the Championship following Sunday's 4-0 home defeat by Watford.

The former Fulham boss took over in February 2008 and led them to survival that season and then 17th last term.

A club statement read: "The board stressed that the decision was not a knee-jerk reaction to Sunday's match.

"The team's form deteriorated rapidly towards the end of the season for the second year running."

Sky Blues chairman Ray Ranson said: "I enjoyed a very close working relationship with Chris and it's been a pleasure to work with him since his arrival.

"The board would like to place on record their thanks for his efforts over two and a half years.

"We will not be rushed into finding a successor and the board will explore every avenue to appoint the right manager to take Coventry City forward."

blingo

It gets harder to get over the hangovers as the season progresses. :005:

CorkedHat

We will not be rushed into finding a successor and the board will explore every avenue to appoint the right manager to take Coventry City forward."

ATTENTION LAWRIE SANCHEZ :011:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Lighthouse

Great shame because he seems like a nice bloke. But Coventry are a big club and have not advanced under Chris. So it was not a shock. As for Sanchez? Why not, he would not be a bad choice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkedHat

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 04, 2010, 11:38:29 AM
Great shame because he seems like a nice bloke. But Coventry are a big club and have not advanced under Chris. So it was not a shock. As for Sanchez? Why not, he would not be a bad choice.

Are you smoking a banned substance Lighthouse?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

chez

I wonder who the media will now link Chrissy too join  :dft008:

Its a shame but i'm sure he will find another club and wish him the very best.

jarv

Shame but for 2 years they have struggled. Dropping to the 3rd is a nightmare for any team these days. I did feel before he left Fulham, his tactics seemed a bit all over the place. He could have done a lot better if he had the opportunity to assist RH for a few years. What a goldmine of information to learn from.

WhiteJC

if Coleman had been given the money Sanchez was or had Bobby Robson come in as a mentor, it might have been different for Chris here, but then we wouldn't have got Roy?

still I wish him all the best and I'm sure that he'll get another chance

good luck Cookie

FulhamRob

He's definitely not on the same level as Roy - who is?!! - but Cookie did a decent job for us. Let's not forget that he steered us away from relegation at the end of the Tigana era and then took us to our best ever finish of 9th...only beaten by Roy last season.

He was also behind victories over Chelsea (no mean feat when Mourinho was at the helm) as well as Liverpool and even Manchester United away, not to mention signing players that remain stars to this day, namely Clint Dempsey and Simon Davies.

A top fella all round. Hope he's given another chance soon.

timmyg

Sad, but not surprising. The Sky Blues crapped the bed this season after being on the cusp of the playoffs, finished an anonymous 17th last season, and stayed up in 2007-08 only because Leicester City couldn't win on the last day of the season.

I remember sitting next to a Coventry fan while flying to England last year, and the fan said he thought Cookie was the man to take them up. I didn't really respond as I didn't think that would prove true. Guess I was right.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

JBH

Chris Coleman will no doubt be linked with the Crystal Palace job  :028:

bigalffc

Coookie was a great Fulham man, but the title Captain Cookie was the one that fit him best.
I wish him well and it is early days in his managerial career so plenty of new challenges to come I'm sure.
Maybe we'll see him back at the cottage as manager in 2020!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

JBH

Quote from: bigalffc on May 04, 2010, 03:59:59 PM
Coookie was a great Fulham man, but the title Captain Cookie was the one that fit him best.
I wish him well and it is early days in his managerial career so plenty of new challenges to come I'm sure.
Maybe we'll see him back at the cottage as manager in 2020!

No Thanks  :034: Legend as a Player, Leg End as a manager  :59:

Lighthouse

Quote from: JBH on May 04, 2010, 03:56:36 PM
Chris Coleman will no doubt be linked with the Crystal Palace job  :028:

Would make sense wouldn't it? Good shout
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope