watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Briggs or Riise today?

Started by leonffc, August 24, 2013, 08:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Personally I would show faith in Briggs. OK he makes the odd mistake defensively  but he is up against Walcott who is good on his day and woeful on another so who's to say that Briggs won't cope? Plus, the only way Briggs is going to learn is to play and make mistakes.
The key thing though is pace and Riise basically has none! If he keeps backing off as he does then Walcott will have space to play in.

Also, depending whether Jol is planning on going for arsenals throat or sitting back, Briggs is good going forward, as is/was Riise but Briggs will cover more ground.
If Jol gets Briggs bombing forward like Riether does we can hopefully pin Arsenal back and make Walcott and co defend.
4231 for me with full backs attacking and the '2' pivot midfielders (Parker +1) covering.

alfie

With Carzola, Wiltshire Rosicky Wallcott it is going to be tough in midfield, but with their very weak defence at present attacking them is the best option, i would put Bent on from the start and give them something to worry about, if Sagna is in centre defence then Bent can really give him problems.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Drake44444

Briggs.  Riise looks like his head is out of the game based on his tweets, etc.  He wants go move on. 

Mike

1879 a good year for football

MJG

Safety first would be Riise, but I hope he goes with Briggs. I also expect Jol to go defensive on the left and play Duff to help the full back.

leonffc

Quote from: alfie on August 24, 2013, 08:25:36 AM
With Carzola, Wiltshire Rosicky Wallcott it is going to be tough in midfield, but with their very weak defence at present attacking them is the best option, i would put Bent on from the start and give them something to worry about, if Sagna is in centre defence then Bent can really give him problems.

Yeah, I've harped on a lot on here at not liking Bent as a player but I hope he starts. Not only will he sniff out any mistakes from their patched up defence but he'll hopefully make our team 'long' by playing last man and not dropping in the hole (I don't mean long ball, just long in shape).

fulhamben

briggs, at least he wants to play for us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffc73

Briggs. He has to be playing for us to know if he will or will not make it.

Riise is going. Sooner or later.
Richardson cannot be relied on to be fit

Ruiz11

Why play Riise and then sell him? Surely Briggs needs game time at the very highest level if he is ever going to make it and now is the perfect time for him to show what he can do.

JackyFulham90

I hope Briggs plays he is a good prospect sure he will make the odd mistake but so does every player he needs a run of games now or Jol should bring someone else in if he doesn't trust Briggs

Brown@FFC

Riise is awful, and I have faith in Briggs. He played well against Sunderland, and his main opponent was Johnson, who is no slouch.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with all the people saying Briggs.... he played well against sunderland,  and finally deserves his chance, his positioning is poor we all know that  but he is forward thinking and one of the quickest we have at the club.... Riise by comparison is slow and arguably our worst performer last season. Add to that he has behaved terribly there is only one winner.

If Jol starts Riise he has losr the plot

Bassey the warrior

Briggs. Riise is very slow and his head isn't in it. I fear for whomever plays and don't expect them to have a good game against Walcott.

Aldo