watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why did he take off adel taarabt

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 24, 2013, 02:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Taarabt wasn't fit enough to last the 90, Kacaniklic is hardly a bad sub to bring on though. I like Taarabt think he will get much better as the season goes on

SKSW6

Quote from: fulhams_finest on August 24, 2013, 07:21:38 PM
because he was a free floating player he didnt stick to left midfield once and theo walcott was left with riise every single time - i'm not calling him a bad player I'm just saying he maybe should stick to his position/ become more defensive

That would nullify what makes him a good player. QPR fans reckon a lot of his poor games were when he played on the left and was required to do defensive work. He's just not that kind of player, so IMO he should be deployed in a free role just behind the striker, where Kasami was today, if it all. It's just a shame we have quite a few players whose best position is there.

Ordar

To be fair, with Parker and Sidwell being 2 "defensive" midfielders, the wide players shouldn't be that needed to track back.

I agree that playing him wide is a bit of a waste of his talents. He's an exciting player though.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Ordar on August 24, 2013, 07:56:57 PM
To be fair, with Parker and Sidwell being 2 "defensive" midfielders, the wide players shouldn't be that needed to track back.

I agree that playing him wide is a bit of a waste of his talents. He's an exciting player though.

Agree. Can't believe so many are upset he didn't give JAR more support. He's a premier league FB, he should be able to hold his own on the flank. It isn't like the Arsenal FB was flying down the wing causing all kinds of trouble, am pretty sure Tarrabt had something to do with that.

Would be interested to see what a Tarrabt/Bent combination in the middle would do, especially if it was supported by Kaca/Dejageh coming down the flanks.