watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why did he take off adel taarabt

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 24, 2013, 02:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

He was our best player. He still had plenty of running left in him.

Craven Mad

I hope Tarbs gets used in CM against a weaker team like Burton, I think we'd be perfect alongside Parker. He was great today, offered expansive passing, skilled dribbling and was one of the only players to actually test the keeper. I'm not sure he's best used on the wings though; CM or CAM, for me

fulhamben

hmm kaca  tarbs  parker ashkan.  could be very tastey with a combo of berbs bent ruiz and kasami in front of them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Artful Dodger

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The King

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2013, 02:58:14 PM
hmm kaca  tarbs  parker ashkan.  could be very tastey with a combo of berbs bent ruiz and kasami in front of them

Sounds good, the 2-4-4 formation.

fulhamben

Quote from: The King on August 24, 2013, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2013, 02:58:14 PM

Sounds good, the 2-4-4 formation.
lol, 2 from the 4
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffc73

Because Tarabat was running on empty. Jol was about to take him off at about the same time last week when Skeklenberg was injured and we ran out of subs

My guess is that Tarabat was told by Jol to give it everything for 15 minutes & then I'll put fresh legs on

sipwell

Still not fully match fit I would say. Tired players are more injury prone than fit ones. I thought it was to take him off and make sure we can enjoy him in the months to come.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Sammyffc

fitness. its so logical. he was puffing like he had been doing a marathon untill he got took off, unless you didn't see that ? everyone near me noticed

EJL

Gave Riise no support defending Arsenal's counters and he's probably not 100% fit.

Baider

Taarabt was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile

He was the only one who looked like he could do something with the ball

Riverside

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 24, 2013, 02:55:09 PM
I hope Tarbs gets used in CM against a weaker team like Burton, I think we'd be perfect alongside Parker. He was great today, offered expansive passing, skilled dribbling and was one of the only players to actually test the keeper. I'm not sure he's best used on the wings though; CM or CAM, for me

Agreed he was great going forward.
However as a defender he makes Ruiz look like Desailly !
A CM has to do some defending

Aldo

He didn't start too well, but definitely got better as he went on!

SKSW6

Hopefully when he gets his match fitness up he'll play as well as he did today. It was really refreshing to have someone look so enthusiastic to receive the ball and want to move it around and make something happen. He also seems to be our best player in terms of beating a man.

Humbled

Taarabt was a joy to watch. Was clearly taken off due to fitness.
Was there any booing this week? I hope not!!!

RidgeRider

agree, he is not fully match fit...give him a couple more weeks, he is an exciting player and will do well for us

Baider

Quote from: Humbled on August 24, 2013, 06:01:58 PM
Taarabt was a joy to watch. Was clearly taken off due to fitness.
Was there any booing this week? I hope not!!!

Heard a boo or two coming from h4 somewhere but they were told quickly to stfu from a fair few

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on August 24, 2013, 03:38:04 PM
Still not fully match fit I would say. Tired players are more injury prone than fit ones. I thought it was to take him off and make sure we can enjoy him in the months to come.

Good comment, but you're being unkind to Taarabt. He's not fit enough for 90 minutes and you didn't want to keep him out there and possibly get injured. I'm surprised you didn't say that, Sips.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhams_finest

because he was a free floating player he didnt stick to left midfield once and theo walcott was left with riise every single time - i'm not calling him a bad player I'm just saying he maybe should stick to his position/ become more defensive

Ruiz11

Not quite match fit yet, also faded in the second half and Jol wanted Kacaniklic to run at their defence on the outside with pace, which sadly didn't happen.