watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something is wrong in two areas...

Started by General, August 24, 2013, 02:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Midfield and midfield... Our strikers have the talent but need to be playing further up the pitch... Having two Cm's who play so far back is doing us no favours, especially when the wingers don't track back and we have to wing backs who leave us exposed...

Berbas attitude stinks too... How many times he slowed the ball down today was ridiculous.

Well done darren, but its clear something isn't clicking... Players looked confused, bent and Parker both looked like they thought they were in for a longer season ahead then they originally thought.

Why did jol take off taraabt and keep on kasami and why didnt we play with two strikers up front from the off?

Seeing bents goal go in and with Berba on screen in the six yard box is how it should be, but dawned on me that it has been a long time since that happened. We need this season to go well otherwise next season with the likes of taraabt, bent, Berba, Ruiz , Sidwell and jol all out of contract we could really struggle.

General

I want us to play four four two... Can't wait till amorebieta, stekelenburg and dejagah are back.

Also, do we miss Ruiz? Think too many changes to team so quickly hasn't helped either.

keith

Berba didn't look interested today. I thought Parker was good, just what we need. As you say General, let's see what happens when the other players are fit.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on August 24, 2013, 02:59:57 PM
I want us to play four four two... Can't wait till amorebieta, stekelenburg and dejagah are back.

Also, do we miss Ruiz? Think too many changes to team so quickly hasn't helped either.
i think so. if bent starts then its 50 50  out of berb or ruiz on who should start. berb has more goals in him but ruiz is the better creator and adds set pieces to the team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jarv

At times it was lack-lustre and without cohesion. Horrible start....what was Jol's team talk.? Clealry Arsenal were hurting fron the Villa game. Did Jol not realise they would press from the off? Did he think all we had to do was show up and rely on fortress craven cottage (no more).

The performance had its moments and some good individual games by Fulham players  but same old Jol tactics and motivation was on show. Cost us a point today and dented the fans pride. One of those games you wish you could get it back and play properly.

epsomraver

Quote from: keith on August 24, 2013, 03:18:09 PM
Berba didn't look interested today. I thought Parker was good, just what we need. As you say General, let's see what happens when the other players are fit.

Berbatov is a waste of space, when will people see that? he slows our whole game down.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2013, 03:22:27 PM
Quote from: General on August 24, 2013, 02:59:57 PM

i think so. if bent starts then its 50 50  out of berb or ruiz on who should start. berb has more goals in him but ruiz is the better creator and adds set pieces to the team

:plus one:

The Old Count

Something is wrong in two areas...

The management and the team

Just kidding (I think)

Lighthouse

Berba cannot play as a loan striker. He no longer has the pace. Which is why I would have still played a striker with Berba doing the juggles and flicks on the half way line while the rest of the team get on with the game.

With a striker (even Rodders) we look a better side with Berba.

Without one it is like playing with 9 players. We have no forward and Berba just wants to go walkabout.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riverside

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2013, 03:57:02 PM
Berba cannot play as a loan striker. He no longer has the pace. Which is why I would have still played a striker with Berba doing the juggles and flicks on the half way line while the rest of the team get on with the game.

With a striker (even Rodders) we look a better side with Berba.

Without one it is like playing with 9 players. We have no forward and Berba just wants to go walkabout.

Agreed 100%

filham

We now have some good players but a team has yet to be built.

Next week's team Stockdale, Reither, Hangeland and Scott Parker, all other places are up for grabs.

filham

We now have some premiership quality players but a new team has yet to be built.

Next week's team will include Stockdale, Reither, Hangeland and Scott Parker all other places are up for grabs.

Fulham_Surrey

The main issue today started towards the end of the first half. we were started to dominate and Jol decided to start pressing Arsenal in their own half.  Bad decision, we got exposed at counters.  I blame Jol for that, he messed up.

Fulham_Surrey

epsomraver, Berba is not a waste of space. He has just gotten very conceited and comfortable with hi s constant selection.  Jol needs to push him to deliver, even bench him.

nose

we play in slow mortion. what arsenal did is taught. they move quicker or rather they act quicker and play forward. The number of times when we were on the break we stopped and went backwards, our players on the ball were not supported. when arsenal broke forward they went in number and passsed the ball forward and quickly, it is training ground stuff and shows why the loathsome arsen wenger is a great coach and jol isn't.
as far as our players are concerned they don't have the sense to have somebody lying deep at set peices or have a striker at the near post from crosses, I recall bobby charlton saying the first player into the box should always go near post and that is how he scored with a header in the european cup final of 1968.

fulham's problems will not improve until we play at a quicker tempo and play forward not sideways and backwards all the time.
even the free kicks are still a joke! we still play ourselves into troubel from our own free kicks on the half way line.

Today's pluses were reither, as usual, bent who looks a proper centre forward and for me the greek who had a brilliant last few minutes.
Minuses must surely have been berba deciding not to join in!

JBH

Just got back from game and feel that 3-1 flattered Arsenal a little.
Parker looked good as did kasami once again, agree about Berbatov he looked lazy and disinterested kaca and kara livened it up Stockdale did ok but needs to lose some timber and a new left back is required
Some positives so not all doom and gloom so keep rhe fairh

Humbled

We struggle against teams who can counter at pace. For me that was Arsenal's only weapon. And obviously their finishing was of a high standard.

SKSW6

Riether got caught out for the third high up the pitch and didn't track back iirc.