watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hamburg pub advice

Started by FSF, May 04, 2010, 12:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSF

An update from our excellent (if we do say so ourselves) guide to Hamburg from the Football Supporters' Federation at http://www.fsf.org.uk/hamburg2010

Our local sources have given us some information that needs to be passed on:

"Round the corner from Hans Albers Platz (just off the Reeperbahn) on Gerhardstrasse is a pub called Sportpub Tankstelle - this is a notorious gathering point for some of the hardcore Hamburg hooligan-type fans. Without wanting to officially recommend fans avoid this pub completely, it might not be the best idea to turn up and sing a load of loud and lairy Fulham songs - the locals might not take too kindly to it, especially given the result of the semi-final."

Feel free to take that whichever way you will

leonffc

Thats our meeting place sorted then. Cheers  :007:

chez

Your be fine there Leon, your just fall asleep and fall off a bar stool and blame the local hooligans for causing the black eye,/ swollen lip  :dft011:

SHADY1

Leon doesn't matter where you go mate as said you'll look battered by the end of the day and miss the game anyway..... stay at home and save your money..
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

SHADY1

I'll add i've never met a friendlier bunch of people anywhere on my travels certainly never at a football match... I went out drinking all night with Germans after wouldn't let me buy a drink as I was a guest in their country ..took me out for food then we had a great laugh visiting the "ladies" until 4.30 in the morning....
I was embarrassed with those who chose to sing about bombers and the RAF ... mugs the lot of you and if you get a slap it will be well deserved...

I can't wait to go back but certainly won't be advertising on here the local bars I was taken too...  1 euro a bottle of lager ... women and music ...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SHADY1 on May 04, 2010, 06:15:23 PM
I'll add i've never met a friendlier bunch of people anywhere on my travels certainly never at a football match... I went out drinking all night with Germans after wouldn't let me buy a drink as I was a guest in their country ..took me out for food then we had a great laugh visiting the "ladies" until 4.30 in the morning....
I was embarrassed with those who chose to sing about bombers and the RAF ... mugs the lot of you and if you get a slap it will be well deserved...

I can't wait to go back but certainly won't be advertising on here the local bars I was taken too...  1 euro a bottle of lager ... women and music ...
I think if i hadn't met so many friendly germans before the game i'd have probably joined in the anti German songs, but as Shady said they are such a friendly bunch and i wouldn't dream of doing it now. Infact if the English were as well behaved as the Germans then England would be a much better place for it.I was drinking on the Reeperbahn on a friday night and didn't even see any hint of any trouble, compare that to any English town come closing time.

leonffc

Quote from: SHADY1 on May 04, 2010, 06:09:05 PM
Leon doesn't matter where you go mate as said you'll look battered by the end of the day and miss the game anyway..... stay at home and save your money..

Now now. If I go out I'll take my boy so I'll be taking it easy. Plus I have a lift sorted so theres no way I'll miss my plane   :039: