watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell

Started by BedsFFC, August 24, 2013, 04:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Just on train heading home. I'm sure that those that went to game would have heard people getting irate about the passing in our 3rd up to the half way line that would often end back at stockdale to boot (by the way isn't it noticeable how much better he kicks than schwartzer? Stock dales actually does long passes). The complaint seems to be about jol's non threatening tactics. I happen to think our actual plan is good, it's just it breaks down in midfield. The two central midfielders are key.  the main difference between Parker and Sidwell is that Parker wants the ball and shows for it much like murphy. Sidwell doesn't quite turn his back but just doesn't show for the ball if he has an oppo near by. I can only assume this is a confidence thing. I actually think he is a better player than he thinks he is and you don't often hear that said about premiership players. I was v impressed by tarababt. I'm willing to wager that jol moves him to central midfield ala dembele to play alongside Parker.

dannydog

Sidwell was at fault for their 2nd and 3rd goals, he gives 100% but you can see when he's alongside Parker that he lacks quality at this level. He's not a bad player but when we play top teams he struggles in there. When we went a goal down I thought Ruiz would have replaced him.

The Old Count

I don't think Sidwell was at fault for the goals. I have to say he looked a bit lost alongside Parker.

As has been said he looks like he's lost a bit of confidence.  Not surprised really. Some idiot behind me was shouting out what a plonker Sidwell was and he wasn't even on the pitch. The knob had him confused with Kara.

I don't reckon these people can be real fans.

Having said that I think Sidders will be dropped for the next couple of games (after Burton).

dannydog

He lost his man for the 2nd goal and gave the ball away for their 3rd, although that was on the edge of their box.

Alan_C

Sidwell lost the ball just outside the Arsenal box for their third. He simply didn't know what to do with it. Sadly even more worrying was his inability to understand that as the defenders and other midfield players had pushed on beyond him, the most important thing was not to lose the ball.

There was on pass to Reither  just before he was taken off that hopefully was the reason he was taken off. Miles behind him in the air and gave home no chance. Not from being under pressure but simply shocking football.

The difference in ability to play a pass, pretty much first pass across field, then three whipped in crosses from Karagounis showed the difference.

It remains Steve Sidwell is the same person who was kept out by Dickson Etuhu and if Dickson was still here would probably be ahead of him again when paired with Parker.

JackyFulham90

Ive always liked Sidwell but he isn't good enough I hope Parker & Boateng become our midfield 2

alfie

This game is oh so easy sitting in the stands, bit different when you are down their trying to do it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Pev

Sidwell is NOT a premier league standard central midfielder, cant see how anyone can defend him being in our starting 11 the guy is nothing more than pure frustration for fans!
@Fulham_Boy

First State

Quote from: JoeyFFC on August 24, 2013, 06:40:21 PM
Sidwell is NOT a premier league standard central midfielder, cant see how anyone can defend him being in our starting 11 the guy is nothing more than pure frustration for fans!

To quote Ed McMahon, "you are correct, sir."

supersimmo123

Quote from: alfie on August 24, 2013, 06:20:43 PM
This game is oh so easy sitting in the stands, bit different when you are down their trying to do it.

I'd give it a good bloody go for 30k a week!

fulhamben

Quote from: supersimmo123 on August 24, 2013, 06:50:08 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 24, 2013, 06:20:43 PM

I'd give it a good bloody go for 30k a week!
lol
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

PokerMatt

For me the red card against Arse immediately after his previous suspension was the last straw. At the time I said I'd be surprised if we didn't replace him or even get rid in the summer. That he's still a starter is a bit depressing.

I will support every player who puts on the shirt so I will hope he comes good, but I must also say that I would be happier if he wasn't playing.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

HatterDon

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 24, 2013, 04:33:36 PM
Just on train heading home. I'm sure that those that went to game would have heard people getting irate about the passing in our 3rd up to the half way line that would often end back at stockdale to boot (by the way isn't it noticeable how much better he kicks than schwartzer? Stock dales actually does long passes). The complaint seems to be about jol's non threatening tactics. I happen to think our actual plan is good, it's just it breaks down in midfield. The two central midfielders are key.  the main difference between Parker and Sidwell is that Parker wants the ball and shows for it much like murphy. Sidwell doesn't quite turn his back but just doesn't show for the ball if he has an oppo near by. I can only assume this is a confidence thing. I actually think he is a better player than he thinks he is and you don't often hear that said about premiership players. I was v impressed by tarababt. I'm willing to wager that jol moves him to central midfield ala dembele to play alongside Parker.

Some of us have been pointing that out for more than two seasons now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Parker is like an upgrade on Sidwell, I'd rather not see them play together. What's concerning is that I do favour a Karagounis/Parker partnership at this point. Speaks volume about midfield.