watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker captain of FFC

Started by jms, August 24, 2013, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

Know it's controversial.....however, seeing Parker in our midfield today it seemed very obvious to me that here was the new Danny Murphy. Love Brede, but he is more an ambassador for the club, not an on-field captain.
We need a spiky; gutsy; leader, like Parker.... to inspire our players by example. Jol doesn't inspire; Berb is too up his own.... and Brede is too nice.
Scott for captain.

fulhamben

nothing like an off the cuff reaction, and like wise if he has a stinker in the next game should we give him a free transfer? good players lead on the pitch regardless of a band around there arm
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

lukeahar

I'd rather have Hangeland, although I see your point. I too was impressed Parkers performance but I think for Hangelands commitment and loyalty he deserves the armband. I don't expect Parker to stick around for as long as him by looking at the number of clubs he has previously played for.
@lukeahar

fulhamben

Quote from: lukeahar on August 24, 2013, 09:58:33 PM
I'd rather have Hangeland, although I see your point. I too was impressed Parkers performance but I think for Hangelands commitment and loyalty he deserves the armband. I don't expect Parker to stick around for as long as him by looking at the number of clubs he has previously played for.
age alone wont let him.

lukeahar

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2013, 10:03:54 PM
age alone wont let him.
and that :P
@lukeahar

Brown@FFC

Hangeland has never been a leader. Parker is a leader, and I think it would be the best for the team if he was, maybe team captain. Hangeland could be club captain.

JackyFulham90

Hangeland is a good captain, Parker is also a leader, it's good to have a few leaders especially when your away from home

Bassey the warrior

Taking the armband from Brede, a respected and highly regarded player at the club, would be bad for morale. Parker can be a leader without needing the armband, like Diarra was.

Patrick

Quote from: The Moose on August 24, 2013, 11:28:19 PM
Taking the armband from Brede, a respected and highly regarded player at the club, would be bad for morale. Parker can be a leader without needing the armband, like Diarra was.

+1...discretion  and respect required

Frankie-Peter Taylor

You don't have to have an armband to be a leader. He will lead by example, he will lead with his performances and lead verbally. The captains armband means little, pretty much means you're the senior member of the side, the poster boy if you will, which Brede is.

Scott Parker was a breath of fresh air, showing a quality in central midfield we've not seen since Dembele and Murphy. Hopefully we can get him a top quality partner in the next 10/11 days.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Patrick on August 24, 2013, 11:34:50 PM

+2

JackyFulham90

We have a good midfield combo in Parker & Boateng, Sidwell & Kara should be 3rd & 4th choice

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 25, 2013, 09:16:29 AM
We have a good midfield combo in Parker & Boateng, Sidwell & Kara should be 3rd & 4th choice
in your mind we do. to my knowledge,they have never played together. maybe it will work or mybe it wont.

Robbie

Parker - yes, 100%. Controversially I don't think Hangeland has been that good as captain.

Logicalman

Sorry, I disagree. Loyalty doesn't mean you get the armband, leadership on the pitch does, and Helga has NEVER had that leadership quality as he spends most of the match trying to find different ways to pass back to the keeper or run up front and get out of position. (I guess you could tell he's not quite my favorite player, eh?).

As for Parker, if he does stay fit and well and plays the way he did yesterday, then he does have that natural leadership quality and would be a good captain, as the Smurph was.

Holders

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 25, 2013, 03:11:08 AM
Quote from: Patrick on August 24, 2013, 11:34:50 PM

+2

+3
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Hangeland has to remain club captain.... Parker has been here 5 minutes and does not warrant the arm band for that alone. Captaincy is something you earn from respect within the team etc....He is a great leader that goes without saying, but to replace Hangeland at this point would be disrespectful.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 25, 2013, 09:16:29 AM

From what I have seen so far... Boateng is not ahead of sidwell in the centre of midfield place, he needs to work on his fitness and strength before he replaces him.

SouthfieldWhite

Still think Diarra will be back, watched him train a few weeks ago and looks like he could be back soon, as long as he don't have any set backs,

Parker is a natural captain but you can't take it off Hangeland

JackyFulham90

Parker & Diarra would be brilliant to have as our centre midfielders