News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bad result but I think we may be on the verge of the good times?????

Started by KingstonWhite, August 24, 2013, 10:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingstonWhite

Martin has mentioned two new possible signings, players we already have to come back into the side. What do we all think COYW

fulhamben

i too think we are close. first choice left back and a new cm to partner parker and i think we are there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F(f)CUK

It is easy to be negative after a bad result, but I think we are going to spend the first month or two trying to work out how to play, what formation works best and what is our first eleven.

jms

Quote from: F(f)CUK on August 24, 2013, 10:31:08 PM
It is easy to be negative after a bad result, but I think we are going to spend the first month or two trying to work out how to play, what formation works best and what is our first eleven.

No... Jol did this all last season.....this excuse for bad coaching with Mr Jol goes on for ever.
These posts will go on for ever...
Until we get a new logical; empathetic; intelligent coach.

Barrie

And who is that coach?

Jol has been instrumental in attracting quality players and, barring a disaster (which doesn't look likely) deserves until Christmas at least to get it right.

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

JackyFulham90

Lighthouse

I think the team and squad we have could be very good. In fact I will say given a fair wind and a good digestive system we may look as good as we have done for some time.

But I too fear that our manager still hasn't an idea what is best with the players he has. I know we can spend time arguing about players and formations. However it really concerns me that Jol still goes with a formation that hasn't worked. We always say wait until Christmas. Let's give out team and manager ten Prem games to see if we can make this work. We did look good at times going forward.  With a better team and Berbatov playing behind or with a forward we would have looked better.

Away at Newcastle we can make it work. Let's hope we do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

We have the talent for sure, though I'd like a new left back. I'm still not entirely comfortable with our midfield either. The main problem today was we took forever to get the ball forward, if we had more creativity there we could break quicker. Parker did start to make things happen in the second half though which was promising.