watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos speaks

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, August 25, 2013, 10:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Fulham defender Philippe Senderos has lambasted his fellow players for their failures at both ends of the pitch.
The Swiss international, 28, did not feature against his former club Arsenal as the Cottagers succumbed to a 3-1 defeat at home to Arsene Wenger's side.
But that didn't stop him criticising Martin Jol's side, who conceded 60 goals last season.

'Defending was a problem - we concede too many goals,' Senderos told The Sun.
'We need to play higher up the park and not let ourselves be pushed back.
Our attacking players also need to defend better, because if they don't we have a difficult time in defence.'

And despite not having a say on many goals himself, he has also spoken of his disappointment that some of the attacking isn't as strong as it should be either.
He said: 'It is not easy in England, as opposing defenders are very strong.
'But the crosses need to be perfect - and our corners and free-kicks are not always so good.'
Senderos has played 130 games in the Premier League for Arsenal, Everton, and Fulham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2401674/Philippe-Senderos-criticises-Fulham-team-mates.html#ixzz2cyFOF3fU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

JackyFulham90

Senderos can do us a massive favour & stay away from our 18 man squad, poor defender

Jack Fulham

He is right about about being push back. We do surrender our own half a lot. Our defence is quite slow though so if we did press higher up the pitch, we'd struggle against pace.

grandad

28 years old & has only played 130 Prem games for 3 clubs. Says a lot about his own performances.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Beamer

I enjoy watching Kara when he comes on it most entertaining (the enthusiasm, desire,acting etc) but it does not help our midfield covering back when sides break - watching him trying to catch up with play but being left miles behind yesterday was really quite embarrassing.

JBH

Quite obvious that senderos is after a move after those comments so that is a piece of good news!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Haha, why are people getting stuck into Senderos? He's speaking the honest truth, we could all see it. The gung ho style of attack from Fulham yesterday was embarrassing and the reason we lost the game. There was no balance in between defence and attack, at times it was 3 on 3. Our defence has deteriorated since the Roy Hodgson days, though this season, trust we buy a left back, it has the ability to be the best defence since the height of the Thames Barrier.

It's a long season but if we defend how we did yesterday, we will not have a top ten finish.

SouthfieldWhite

I doubt he said what they are saying in quite that way, newspapers always dramatise things, and to be fair everything he's saying is true so

cmg

True or not, it is most unusual to have a Fulham player shooting his mouth off like this.

Perhaps he feels he has nothing to lose. I feel he is unfairly dealt with on these pages, but he is hardly in a strong position.
His departure would create be no great problem (I know some would see it as an advantage) but I feel it sets an unfortunate precedent for one of ours to speak like this.

If, indeed he did actually say it. After all it's only a newspaper report and therefore about as reliable as a cardboard submarine.

The Equalizer

Very true, but also ironic.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Enter the Frei

typical Daily mail journalism this with Senderos' words being completely taken out of context. He basically said we didn't play very well against Arsenal and they mad eit sound like he's trying to bad mouth the club.

MasterHaynes

I'm sure Hangeland would have said the same after the game, there was little protection for the defence, each time they broke they had 2-3 spare men. Our shooting was off yesterday,ask yourselves would Poldolski have put away the chance that fell to Duff? I'm sure Senderos is reflecting the disapointment in the changing room after the game.

RaySmith

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 25, 2013, 04:08:33 PM
I'm sure Hangeland would have said the same after the game, there was little protection for the defence, each time they broke they had 2-3 spare men. Our shooting was off yesterday,ask yourselves would Poldolski have put away the chance that fell to Duff? I'm sure Senderos is reflecting the disapointment in the changing room after the game.

:plus one:

Deanothefulhamfan

What he says is true but should not be said unless its a captain or manager imo.

Or crossing was woeful yesterday. Whoever was taking the corners and free kicks needs to step down and let someone else do it. 

Count Berbatov

I look at it this way. He said what he said, to let us all know, that they know, that we know, that they know
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MOR :

Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 25, 2013, 09:01:01 PM
I look at it this way. He said what he said, to let us all know, that they know, that we know, that they know

That reminds me of this classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZnQQF7ucdM#

Count Berbatov

Quote from: MOR : on August 25, 2013, 09:10:23 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 25, 2013, 09:01:01 PM

That reminds me of this classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZnQQF7ucdM#
That's..   An oldie
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Big Martin Jol

Phil Senderos ‏@Philsend4 30m

Not happy about press story attributed to me today, first i never speak to the press, second I don't talk about my teammates.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Forever Fulham

I like big Phil and I don't think he said those things.  Some of our players aren't giving their all, and sometimes they don't transition quickly enough.  We get stuck exposed in transition.   Gotta fix this.