watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov - in or out?

Started by farfouille, August 25, 2013, 01:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you do with Berbatov?

Play him every match as he's probably our best player!
48 (49.5%)
Play him only in certain matches - after all, he's not totally useless.
22 (22.7%)
Sell him - the club is better off without him.
20 (20.6%)
I don't really care if he's in or out.
2 (2.1%)
That's Jol's mess - let him handle it.
5 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Brown@FFC

Play him upfront with Bent, and the goals will flow. Play him upfront with Ruiz or Kasami, and the constant moaning will flow.

General

Right now, as it is in my view, I think bent is our starter over Berba until the point our midfield gets sorted out. Bent is a player who stretches defences and plays off the defences shoulder which is where we need our strikers... Berba may I say is too arrogant and impatient, instead of just staying up front where he's needed and giving the work rate required he too often drifts into CM, not realising that when he gets the ball there's no one to pass it to, because he's the one who he's meant to be passed too... Maybe he looks in the mirror too much and sometimes genuinely thinks there are two of him...

We need to be playing four four two whilst this team gels... We cannot count on playing the flowing football jol would like when Parker and Sidwell can't understand each others game play and our full backs are being encouraged to bomb forward, not realising how little work the players in front of them do to track back and defend when they're out of place.

F(f)CUK

Our biggest problem at the moment is that we have Berbatov, Ruiz, Taarabt, Kasami and Kacka, all of whom can or want to play the supporting striker role and yet all of them played at some stage during the Arsenal game.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 25, 2013, 01:58:49 PM
PLAY HIM, BUT make sure he is with, supporting or alongside, another striker. HE IS NOT A LOAN STRIKER.

And rest.
Bent is a loan striker Flasher, assume you mean Berba isn't a lone striker ? In full agreement with that, got to work to his strengths if he to be a starter.

Lighthouse

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on August 26, 2013, 09:54:28 AM
PLAY HIM, BUT make sure he is with, supporting or alongside, another striker. HE IS NOT A LOAN STRIKER.

And rest.
Bent is a loan striker Flasher, assume you mean Berba isn't a lone striker ? In full agreement with that, got to work to his strengths if he to be a starter.

Look CSE grade 4 only takes me so far. Yes you are correct and I apoopogi...apologyis...I am sorry over my error.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 25, 2013, 04:18:38 PM
6 people have said sell him , hardly any have explained why haha . typical fulham fans

So you are not like  a typical fan fan then Ha ha

Arthur

I think we can pick a team without Berbatov that would be more successful. Not only does it seem that he needs the sort of service which our squad of 'lesser' talents cannot provide, in my view, he isn't reliable at picking a pass himself: an example of which came early on when he received the ball around the halfway line and overlooked a forward run by Kasami in favour of a less incisive cross-field pass to Taarabt - which Berbatov scuffed anyhow.

Playing Bent up front and Parker in midfield, we can add four from Kacaniklic & Dejagah, Ruiz & Taarabt, Boateng, Karagounis & Sidwell; (If Diarra can get back to fitness, I'd put him in the starting XI alongside Parker & pick three attacking players.)

watfordwhite

6 people have said sell him , hardly any have explained why haha . typical fulham fans

Personally I like him, very creative and great skill. I dont think we have the team to play around him. Because of this when Berb plays it slows down our attacks so much we are at a crawl.
Whenever we have not played Berb we look a better unit and the pace is so much faster.
Thats why I would let him go.

jmh

And rest.
L-O-N-E

alfie

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 25, 2013, 01:49:56 PM
I'm a huge Berbatov fan, always have been, but Martin Jol just won't sub or drop him at all. Yesterday, we need an increase in tempo and an increase in creativity. Instead of taking off the pisspoor Berbatov, he took off the spark, Adel Taarabt.

We needed Bryan Ruiz yesterday, Bryan behind Darren Bent is a partnership that will work better for Fuham, but for Martin Jol, Berbatov needs to play.

Jol was correct in taking Taarabt off, he was our biggest threat in the first half, but he was bloody knackered.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: General on August 26, 2013, 06:55:58 AM
Right now, as it is in my view, I think bent is our starter over Berba until the point our midfield gets sorted out. Bent is a player who stretches defences and plays off the defences shoulder which is where we need our strikers... Berba may I say is too arrogant and impatient, instead of just staying up front where he's needed and giving the work rate required he too often drifts into CM, not realising that when he gets the ball there's no one to pass it to, because he's the one who he's meant to be passed too... Maybe he looks in the mirror too much and sometimes genuinely thinks there are two of him...

We need to be playing four four two whilst this team gels... We cannot count on playing the flowing football jol would like when Parker and Sidwell can't understand each others game play and our full backs are being encouraged to bomb forward, not realising how little work the players in front of them do to track back and defend when they're out of place.

Bent and Berba or Bent and Ruiz or Bent and Taarabt have to start. Bent needs support and a link man as his link up play is poor. He plays so far up the pitch and makes so many runs you can't really expect him to hold up the ball.

farfouille

Quote from: jmh on August 26, 2013, 01:57:46 PM

And rest.
L-O-N-E

Actually, he's both a lone striker and (on) loan striker. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

fulhamfever

The B&B factor will see us through

JBH

I would sell him because he slows the play down to a walking pace which is not what we are best at, when we attack with fast pass we have always looked more dangerous. :028:

Joe McDonald

We have to play him as much as we can.  He's clearly the best player in the squad.

What gets me is that the club and Jol are always praising him, as if he is the only player at the club.  As fans we don't need to be told to appreciate his talent, as I'm certain that almost everyone of us does appreciate him.  There seemed to be a greater balance prior to the clubs 'Berbatov PR campaign'.

epsomraver

totally agree, must really please the other players to see the Ad, come and see Berbatov and fulham play!