watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov - in or out?

Started by farfouille, August 25, 2013, 01:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you do with Berbatov?

Play him every match as he's probably our best player!
48 (49.5%)
Play him only in certain matches - after all, he's not totally useless.
22 (22.7%)
Sell him - the club is better off without him.
20 (20.6%)
I don't really care if he's in or out.
2 (2.1%)
That's Jol's mess - let him handle it.
5 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 89

farfouille

BT Sports stated that "Berbatov, though, is adored by Fulham fans, where his 15 goals and five assists last season proved invaluable in keeping the Cottagers up." And it's not just BT Sports - most sports journalists believe that Berbatov is Fulham's favourite and the only star in the team.

However, looking at the recent posts in FoF, I am not sure that Berba is adored by the fans, some even saying that he's useless and that all he does is devastating the morale of the team. With our new attacking options, Taarabt and Kasami, added to the last season's forwards, Berba and Ruiz, there are now 4 players who can play the role of a second forward behind Bent.

So, let's update FoF members' feelings about Berba.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'm a huge Berbatov fan, always have been, but Martin Jol just won't sub or drop him at all. Yesterday, we need an increase in tempo and an increase in creativity. Instead of taking off the pisspoor Berbatov, he took off the spark, Adel Taarabt.

We needed Bryan Ruiz yesterday, Bryan behind Darren Bent is a partnership that will work better for Fuham, but for Martin Jol, Berbatov needs to play.

Lighthouse

PLAY HIM, BUT make sure he is with, supporting or alongside, another striker. HE IS NOT A LOAN STRIKER.

And rest.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

If he's played properly he is priceless. However he does tend to hang back too much and the last thing we need is another midfielder.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 25, 2013, 01:49:56 PM
I'm a huge Berbatov fan, always have been, but Martin Jol just won't sub or drop him at all. Yesterday, we need an increase in tempo and an increase in creativity. Instead of taking off the pisspoor Berbatov, he took off the spark, Adel Taarabt.

We needed Bryan Ruiz yesterday, Bryan behind Darren Bent is a partnership that will work better for Fuham, but for Martin Jol, Berbatov needs to play.

I don't necessarilly disagree with what you say (don't agree with it all either), but I find it hugely amusing that this "Jol won't drop Berbatov" line is exactly what was being written about Ruiz right up until yesterday when he was...er...dropped. Which, of course, then gave rise to an outbreak of "Bring back Ruiz" threads. Variety, doncha just luvvit?

Fulham76

Definately in but needs some support up front to ease the pressure on him. Bent & Berbatov could be a great partnership for us.

grandad

It is a problem but he really needs to stop being dragged into midfield. I realise he is frustrated by not getting the service he needs from MF but he would be better off staying higher up & leave the MF to do their own work.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham1959

I would like to think that he was subject to the subbing procedure or, equally, that on some occasions he could even start on the bench.

Sammyffc

6 people have said sell him , hardly any have explained why haha . typical fulham fans

tommy

He was useless yesterday but in a team that isnt going to work for him. When Bent came on so did Berba. The team just needs a shuffle.

psand22

I think he's got to start...he'll come good, but he needs service.  He's needs to be up front, but just sitting up there waiting on passes that never come is frustrating and only drags him back to get the ball.  

fulhamking

Quote from: grandad on August 25, 2013, 03:00:48 PM
It is a problem but he really needs to stop being dragged into midfield. I realise he is frustrated by not getting the service he needs from MF but he would be better off staying higher up & leave the MF to do their own work.
Interesting view.. So... Berbatov is furstrated at the MF for not doing their job by passing the ball to him, so he goes back to the middle of the park to litterary take the ball from them, which annoys you, and your solution is for him to keep up waiting, while they find a clue what to do with the ball. Stockdale had the most passes to Berba yesterday. What does that tell you?

Deanothefulhamfan

Berbatov has to start every game.... he is our best player, that being said Martin Jol needs to learn to sub him.... The problem is if he is dropped or subbed he will probably sulk and be worthless to us. We need him to feel loved so that he can perform, but Jol has to be a manager and manage his players. This means not being scared to sub him. He was our worst player yesterday and any other player playing that badly would have been subbed.

The difference to him dropping Ruiz is that he has done so in the past, berbatov has never been dropped

Bassey the warrior

Blatandly in, he just needs a striking partner.

RaySmith

He was frustrated yesterday because he didn't get the ball - yet a typical moment of unique brilliance made our goal..and that's why Jol plays him.

It's hard to think of a situation where he would be dropped for Fulham, so influential is he. But Jol dropped Ruiz, and everyone said he wouldn't, so I'm sure he would drop Berba if he thought it was necessary - though he'd probably leave if he was dropped for a significant number of games.

Robbie

Bent is up for it and probably our best bet for another productive striker - BUT can/will Berb play with him?  The body language yesterday was not encouraging

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Robbie on August 25, 2013, 06:54:09 PM
Bent is up for it and probably our best bet for another productive striker - BUT can/will Berb play with him?  The body language yesterday was not encouraging
Stop being so fatalistic. Berba is a moody sod, that's just how he is. Like Tevez or Suarez, well not as bad as Suarez.

farfouille

Quote from: Robbie on August 25, 2013, 06:54:09 PM
The body language yesterday was not encouraging

Wait, what do you mean? What did you see? I am counting on that partnership! :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

farfouille

So, the results...
46 users out of 2033 Members have voted which makes the survey somewhat representative of this forum.
55% of the voters do not want Berbatov near the starting line up or do not care if he's really there.
Almost 1 in 4 users want him gone from the club.

Bottom line, I'd say he's not really "loved" by FoF members. Those journalists might be wrong, after all.   096.gig
- Rene Meulensteen