Main Menu

AJ Flies Back After Knee Check-up

Started by White Noise, May 04, 2010, 02:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-striker-aj-makes-us-dash-knee-check-815341

Fulham striker AJ makes US dash for knee check

05.05.10 | tribalfootball.com

Andy Johnson has flown to the US to see surgeon Richard Steadman over his knee injury.

AJ, who has not played for his club since January, flew back to England on Thursday.

Steadman operated on Johnson in January and Fulham chief Roy Hodgson hopes he will return for next season.

Lighthouse

Poor old AJ. You have to feel sorry for him. He has missed out on a great season. Before anyone says that with him we wouldn't have been so good, I will say it first. But then who knows? Good luck AJ and be back soon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Huge

I cant help but think that sinse AJs absense Bobby has flourished. Perhaps his mindset was to provide for AJ and as he isnt doing that now he is now scoring goals. I just wonder if Bobby will score as much when AJ returns.
The Dude abides

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Huge on May 04, 2010, 04:42:36 PM
I cant help but think that sinse AJs absense Bobby has flourished. Perhaps his mindset was to provide for AJ and as he isnt doing that now he is now scoring goals. I just wonder if Bobby will score as much when AJ returns.

Roy alluded to this last week mentioning that Bobby was now playing as the 'out and out' striker up top. It will be interesting to see what happens next season, at least with AJ we have a bona fide plan B if we need to change the way we attack up front.

Tom

Sell him soon please! We need someone who can actually play and help our squad. He has been a huge disappointment since joining our team.
Fulham for life!

ron

Agree about moving him on. His chief asset was speed, which he no longer has. As we have said on here, he tends to want to play diagonally to the corner flags and is too easily pushed off the ball.

alfie

Lets not forget that both AJ and BZ had a rough start to FFC, BZ has had a chance this season to better himself whereas AJ has not
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KCat

Sell him, sell him ????? .................if he was an 'Orse they'd shoot him ....

Johnson and Johnson will never be our sponsors now  :038:

Burt

I have to say I would not miss him if he were sold on... His best years are behind him. Sad but true.