watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

US v Mexico coming up

Started by AmericanJames, August 26, 2013, 08:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Tim had a good game, especially in the first 20 when we were tested.  But I still have a sneaking suspicion that he's lost a little something, and that maybe we'd be better served with Guzan between the pipes.  What do you think?   Too soon?

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 11, 2013, 06:33:40 PM
Quote from: AmericanJames on September 11, 2013, 08:49:35 AM
Just getting home, what a match and atmosphere!!!! Incredible result today. Love that Dempsey missed teh PK on purpose to protect the Dos A Cero.

How about some insight as to how the match was in the stands.
ESPN couldn't broadcast a chess match properly. God, I hate that repetitive banner at the bottom and how they keep coming in and telling you that if the US wins and Panama takes a crap & the Monarch butterflies come back to Capistrano then chips will taste good with bean dip. That, and even though Dish Network had the feed listed as HD, it was fuzzy & at times the pitch lines were wavy. My other HD channels were fine. I HATE, HATE, ESPN.

Dos A Cero indeed!

If you had HD problems with ESPN it may be Dish Network because I got crystal clear HD from my cable provider.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 11, 2013, 08:30:22 PM
Tim had a good game, especially in the first 20 when we were tested.  But I still have a sneaking suspicion that he's lost a little something, and that maybe we'd be better served with Guzan between the pipes.  What do you think?   Too soon?
\

I'd like Guzan to take the last two Hex matches. It may be time. Guzan is on the up and perhaps Timmay has leveled out. Might serve to motivate Tim.
As a side note, was Tony Meola the last keeper that we had that had hair?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 11, 2013, 11:53:16 PM
\

I'd like Guzan to take the last two Hex matches. It may be time. Guzan is on the up and perhaps Timmay has leveled out. Might serve to motivate Tim.
Ha, Ha!  I think so.  We've had our share of rugged looking goalies.  None more scary looking than Brad Friedel--and a nicer guy you'll never find.  Amazing how he keeps himself so fit.

AmericanJames

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 11, 2013, 11:53:16 PM
\

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the last too. I have a feeling we're going to see om experimental squads to begin with, giving us a chance to cap a few of the guys with duals and to see who could end up rounding out the final roster.

As for a view from the stand, I thought we looked good for a majority of the game. Held possession for good stretches even soliciting a few ole's from us. I love what Jurgen has turned the squad into, it took a while but he vision is finally taking hold.  I was on the side of the pitch we scored on right on the railing.  I thought Beckerman looked like shite in the first half and that if Jozy and Bradley were able to play we might have won by 4 or more. I didn't know Chicarito even played until I looked at the match report when I got home late last night and on a Fulham note I didn't think Salcido played well at all.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult