News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday 7th September 2013 - Non-League day. Please support your local club...

Started by LBNo11, August 26, 2013, 04:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

What is meant by non- league, Is Swindon Supermarine one although they are in a league
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Doctor

Quote from: Berserker on September 06, 2013, 09:29:20 PM
What is meant by non- league, Is Swindon Supermarine one although they are in a league

Any club below the fully professional Football League.  So yes, Swindon Supermarine are a non-league team.  The gits beat my Diddy a few weeks back!

SG

Mid Sussex Football League for me - maybe even running the line. 'Lino get that ***** flag up'

LBNo11

...last call, don't forget to go and see your local amateur club, enjoy the experience and help an amateur clubs' finances.

Off to see Hampton &RB - "Come On You Beavers"...

:023:

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SP

Have a good day all, I'm ashamed to say I've opted for the Rugby double header on the box - come on the Quins.

Picking up on the earlier point, they really do need to lose the non-league title, it isn't flattering.  Maybe something like the grass roots or real league would be better.

Fulhampete

PokerMatt

I was at the Dripping Pan watching Lewes somehow throw away a 2-0 lead against 10-man Metropolitan Police in injury time. The first of met's goals was in the 92nd min. It was a staggering display of defensive ineptitude.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Buffalo76

Quote from: The Doctor on September 06, 2013, 08:51:45 PM
Well blow me down.  Just reading the local paper and seen that Didcot Town FC have a player called Sam Elkins.  I immediately wondered if he was any relation to Gary Elkins.  Haven't found anything to prove they're related, but it turns out Gary Elkins is from the town I now live in and managed Didcot Town for a while last season. Too much of a co-incidence.

What's more, DTFC are known as "Diddy".

That's enough Fulham connections for me. I'll see you down there tomorrow...

COYR

He still manages them I believe.

The Doctor

Nah, Elkins resigned at the end of last season.  Couldn't juggle the football management and the day job it seems.  The current manager was Elkins' no. 2 I think.

Won 2-0 today.  Not a bad game and first win of the season for The Railwaymen.  Will definitely go along again

copthornemike

Went to see Leatherhead play today and win 5-1 with some cracking goals which would have graced the premiership. All in all a terrific day out no queues for the toilets, beer prices reasonable and I SAW SOME GOALS. Any chance of that next week!!!

The Bronsons

Quote from: The Doctor on September 07, 2013, 06:53:02 PM
Nah, Elkins resigned at the end of last season.  Couldn't juggle the football management and the day job it seems.  The current manager was Elkins' no. 2 I think.

Won 2-0 today.  Not a bad game and first win of the season for The Railwaymen.  Will definitely go along again

I was there too! Diddy hit the crossbar as well, but a pretty close game really and the home keeper busy. How nice to park the car ten feet away from the ground!

The Doctor

Small world!  I will probably drive next time.  Fortunately made the bus before the rain hit!

Real shame that attempt at a worldy in the 2nd half went just over as well.  Do you live round this way as well then?

The Bronsons

Quote from: The Doctor on September 08, 2013, 10:10:22 AM
Small world!  I will probably drive next time.  Fortunately made the bus before the rain hit!

Real shame that attempt at a worldy in the 2nd half went just over as well.  Do you live round this way as well then?

Yes, I'm in Wallingford. You?

The Doctor