News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WHY are we so bloody quiet at the cottage?????

Started by terryr, August 26, 2013, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Given Arsenal out- chanted, sang, cheered -us from before the opening whistle, it would't be strange if the boys thought they were playing an away game.
Where is our passion?
We were at times silent.
The only time Arsenal fans shut up was for about 30 seconds after we scored.
Even the travelling fans from Parma in the friendly ( there were no more than 50 of them) sang the whole game and out cheered the 7 odd thousand home fans.
I'm new to the cottage and this board, but home advantage requires vocal support.
Or am I wrong?
Should I just shut up like the home crowd does?
T 094.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

Nothing to cheer??? No in all honesty we are not the most vocal of supports, but I guess the early goal didnt help us.

terryr

We have to at least make an effort at showing support. We're all quick to criticise on the board....lets make a home game feel like a home game. Where in the Fulham fan rulebook does it say we sit on our hands?

SouthfieldWhite

Most teams have better vocal support away, as you usually get the more 'hardcore' fans who travel and when you are away all your support is in one area as opposed to being on 3 sides at home, also going 2-0 down didn't help

Frankie-Peter Taylor

The supporters, as a group, are pretty poor. The only real atmosphere is the back of the Hammersmith. I don't think I can blame the acoustics because the Europa League run was amazing for it's atmosphere. Noise needs to come from all four corners, which it's doing.

Andy S

Its a matter of choice. Freedom of choice. Politicians want more people to vote it doesn't happen. You want people to sing why, are you to embarrassed to sing on your own

Holders

It's always been like that. That's not to excuse it - you make a good point. Only part of the Hammersmith End makes much noise, the acoustics are cr@p and the other 3 sides are quiet except for away supporters.

We only really get going when we get excited, like Juventus. We seem to need the team to inspire and excite us whereas they'd appreciate it from us.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Patrick

Too busy reading The Guardian or the Week-end FT I'd imagine.......but seriously....FFC supporters are not noted for their vocal skills.....best proper singing that I ever heard ...Cardiff Arms Park.....

Baider

Yep it's pretty bad unless you sit at back of H4 or H5, even then its not exactly great

Too many toffs and tourists im afraid

Barrie

Your absolutely right, home advantage does require vocal support.  It's the one thing that frustrates and embarrasses me as a Fulham fan, but it ain't gonna change.  There's more atmosphere on the moon than in the riverside stand.

watfordwhite

Allways been the same... i love a good sing song at the back of the Hammy.  049:gif

Deanothefulhamfan

Yeah the riverside has always been quiet... You can hear a pin drop over there.

As for the best singing, being in Hamburg square for the European final wasnt bad :)

I remember at loftus road in the uefa cup we played Zagreb... Their fans know how to sing, there was only about 200 of them but they were bloody intimidating....

WhiteJC

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 26, 2013, 06:29:52 PM
The supporters, as a group, are pretty poor. The only real atmosphere is the back of the Hammersmith. I don't think I can blame the acoustics because the Europa League run was amazing for it's atmosphere. Noise needs to come from all four corners, which it's doing.

European games the Putney End was "home" supporters, away fans were restricted to part of the Johnny Haynes, acoustics do make a difference

Burt

Peabody

Are'nt we in the Riverside a terrible lot, we don't sing or make a noise. Surely it's everyone's right to behave how they want. I think it's fair to say that there is noise in the Riverside, it's just not as loud as elsewhere. Does that make less of supporter than the rest?

fulhams_finest

It pis**s me off that no one cheers aswell! apparently I'm the only person in the riverside that isn't too posh to cheer - I like to think that most fans have there butlers at home cheering for us

LBNo11

...that acoustics wouldn't have made any difference on Saturday Burt as there was very little singing, and what there was petered out rapidly. I too have joined the mutes as there was little on display again to keep me singing for most of the 90 minutes as I used to. Even the guy around row MM four seats in from the H6 aisle who starts the Great Escape chant or the Jol blawhiarmy chant did his usual perservering whilst few lasted more than a few lacklustre repeats to the extent that even he gave up eventually!

A surprising number of empty seats around where I sat (No the former occupants haven't moved because of me, I have moved to a different seat right next to the £100 divide between H6 and H7) didn't help the atmosphere, and a lot of new faces indicate the new breed of Fulham fan who doesn't know the words to songs or just want to take photos. The guy two seats to my left took several photos with his 'phone in the first half and didn't even bother to return for the second.

Add to that the club don't seem interested in filling in that whacking great void at the back of the HE so even if the faithful had made a noise it would have just been dumped onto the concourse below.

Overall it was a strange atmosphere to an opening home game of the season...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Arthur

Quote from: Peabody on August 26, 2013, 10:01:14 PM
Are'nt we in the Riverside a terrible lot, we don't sing or make a noise. Does that make less of supporter than the rest?

Less of a supporter? No.

Less of an inspiration to the players? Probably.

EJL

I'll support the team however I want, thanks very much.

F(f)CUK

I thought before the game people seemed really up for the game.

Then the match started and we were on the back foot early. A goal down and little goal mouth action. It is difficult to be encouraged to sing loudly when the team are not showing the drive.