watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Line up

Started by Humbled, August 27, 2013, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown@FFC

Riise is so lucky Jol doesn't like using youth. Riise said he wasn't certain of his future at FFC, he constantly moans on twitter. Briggs should get a chance when Richardson isn't fit. If not, a new left back should be brought in. Riise should be nowhere near that team.

Jimpav

Riise clearly possesses some pictures of Jol in a compromising position. Either that or he's getting some much needed practise in for Newcastle.

Good line up though and I would be interested to see how Ruiz and Bent fair.

Riverside

Some thoughts

1) Much stronger than I expected
2) Good to see Dejagah back
3) Sorry to see Riise preferred over Briggs
4) Sadly happy to see no Berba ( my reaction - a reflection of his attitude on Sat )

DJinNJ

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 27, 2013, 07:30:05 PM
FFC you say our under 21's drew against dartford.... im not asking for the whole development team, just 1 or two.... We have the best youth set up in the country and this is the perfect opportinity for them to be in and around the first team.

As for Riise I cant even begin to explain about that situation...  If Briggs cannot be trust against Burton then get rid of him tomorrow. I hate the fact Riise wanted to leave our club and starts over someone who has shown loyalty and commitement, it is not a question of abillity ( even though briggs is much better then a poor poor riise) sorry Im venting as I am so outraged.... dont mean to take it out on fellow posters. I need to just go to bed

So maybe he's using the opportunity to boost the fitness of some players rather than give a single game to a youth player. Ruiz and Dejagah haven't played yet this season, Karagounis and Bent have less than 45 minutes, Riise and Parker have 90 minutes. I would also prefer that we use a game against League Two opposition to give some of our best players a chance to get used to playing together, rather than throw them all in against Newcastle and hope it works out.

With Riise, my understanding was that he said (i.e., tweeted) that he would be leaving after he learned that the club we offering him for free. Perhaps he shouldn't have said anything, but the assumption was reasonable, and I don't think he threw his toys out of the pram or anything. Anyone feel free to correct me if I missed something though. Either way, I'd agree that we should either start grooming Briggs to be our first choice left back or give up on him, he's not a teenager anymore. Is he currently better than Riise? No idea, haven't seen him enough, based on appearances in recent seasons he's still inadequate defensively, though he looked much improved against Sunderland, hopefully not a fluke.

Roberty

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Riverside on August 27, 2013, 07:46:09 PM
Some thoughts

1) Much stronger than I expected
2) Good to see Dejagah back
3) Sorry to see Riise preferred over Briggs
4) Sadly happy to see no Berba ( my reaction - a reflection of his attitude on Sat )

I agree with what you're saying, but we all know why Berba was rested. Because he wanted to be.