watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Line up

Started by Humbled, August 27, 2013, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

Stockdale; Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise; Karagounis, Parker; Dejagah, Ruiz, Taarabt; Bent.

Drake44444

Stronger lineup than I expected

Northern Cottager

Strong side that. Burton fans are excited to see Riise for so e reason. Bent and Taarabt should tear them apart.

Zu-Meister

good to see dejagahs back, hope hes fully fit and not rushed back.

Brown@FFC

Same formation. I wouldn't expect a great game. When will he realise that we need a different formation.

ffc73

Interesting (and for me anyway) disappointing that Karagounis has been preferred to Boateng

Big Martin Jol

I was expecting a much more youth orientated line-up, but they're nowhere to be seen. It's a bit of shame to call on so many key players because we probably won't have a lower profile/less (theoretically) difficult game this season - plus we're away at Newcastle in four days time.

Oh well, we should at least win the match. That would be an improvement on last year's League Cup run!
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Deanothefulhamfan

Riise..... oh yipeeeee, I am so glad Martin Jol has given him a second chance, he was such an inspiration last season add to that he publicly said he wanted to LEAVE a couple of weeks ago.... what a fantastic manager he is...... also no youngsters against a league two side,  you really have no faith in our youth set up despite it being the best in the country how very predicatable.... Im going to bed frustrated and dissapointed, what an absolute joker......

ffc73

Youth are not ready.  The u21s drew pre-season at Dartford.  Why would they win at Burton who are 1 step higher?

More importantly, Parker, Dejagah, Ruiz, Tarabat and Bent all need game time.

My view is that Boateng does too which is why I would have started him in place of the Greek

Briggs also should have started in front of Riise but that, again, tells us that Jol does not rate Briggs and we have whole threads debating the left back issue

Oakeshott

He has probably named an experienced side as he knows he cannot afford to lose this game.

Fulham76

Quote from: Humbled on August 27, 2013, 06:58:29 PM
Stockdale; Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise; Karagounis, Parker; Dejagah, Ruiz, Taarabt; Bent.

Decent line up & good to see Bent & Parker out there again. Jol has missed a perfect opportunity to experiment with Berbatov & Bent together though.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 27, 2013, 07:15:10 PM
Riise..... oh yipeeeee, I am so glad Martin Jol has given him a second chance, he was such an inspiration last season add to that he publicly said he wanted to LEAVE a couple of weeks ago.... what a fantastic manager he is...... also no youngsters against a league two side,  you really have no faith in our youth set up despite it being the best in the country how very predicatable.... Im going to bed frustrated and dissapointed, what an absolute joker......

Hallelujah. Someone that talks sense.

bmasar

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 27, 2013, 07:05:12 PM
Same formation. I wouldn't expect a great game. When will he realise that we need a different formation.

It's not about formation, it's about who plays where in said formation. With Bent in place of Berba let's see how it goes first, eh? Or are you saying we should never, ever, ever use a 4-2-3-1 (or 4-5-1 if you prefer) no matter the players? Cuz that's silly.

Jeroen

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 27, 2013, 07:14:49 PM
I was expecting a much more youth orientated line-up, but they're nowhere to be seen. It's a bit of shame to call on so many key players because we probably won't have a lower profile/less (theoretically) difficult game this season - plus we're away at Newcastle in four days time.

Oh well, we should at least win the match. That would be an improvement on last year's League Cup run!

A pity to miss youngsters in the line-up but Jol prob wants to use this game to give Parker & bent game time and make sure the team gets settled soon! Does makes sense!

More worrying is that amoborieta is still missing......

Northern Cottager

Op, want to rename this thread as an official match thread? Sure there's a few streams and the official site have commentary! :)

Enter the Frei

A 4231 is pretty much a mixture between a 4411 and a 451.

A 4411 is basically a fancy 442 and a 451 is basically a slightly more defensive 433.

Formations are irrelevant it's the personnel in each position that make the difference to how a team plays.

Deanothefulhamfan

FFC you say our under 21's drew against dartford.... im not asking for the whole development team, just 1 or two.... We have the best youth set up in the country and this is the perfect opportinity for them to be in and around the first team.

As for Riise I cant even begin to explain about that situation...  If Briggs cannot be trust against Burton then get rid of him tomorrow. I hate the fact Riise wanted to leave our club and starts over someone who has shown loyalty and commitement, it is not a question of abillity ( even though briggs is much better then a poor poor riise) sorry Im venting as I am so outraged.... dont mean to take it out on fellow posters. I need to just go to bed

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 27, 2013, 07:15:10 PM
Riise..... oh yipeeeee, I am so glad Martin Jol has given him a second chance, he was such an inspiration last season add to that he publicly said he wanted to LEAVE a couple of weeks ago.... what a fantastic manager he is......

Jol is making sure he earns his (reported) £68000.00  a week  ....innit !!! :022:

kiwiwaka

There is absolutely no way Riise is on £68,000. Breaking our past record of £50,000 for a left back? Not. A. Chance. I'd have liked to see Briggs today, but could be fitness who knows. Not sure what Mesca has done wrong to not get in the 18 though, but glad Dejagah is back.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: bmasar on August 27, 2013, 07:24:41 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 27, 2013, 07:05:12 PM

It's not about formation, it's about who plays where in said formation. With Bent in place of Berba let's see how it goes first, eh? Or are you saying we should never, ever, ever use a 4-2-3-1 (or 4-5-1 if you prefer) no matter the players? Cuz that's silly.

Jols formation is the 4-4-1-1, which looks like the 4-2-3-1, but is more defensive. I just want to see 2 out and out forwards up top, and I suppose this is the closest we will get with Taarabt and Bent. When Berba and Bent begin pairing up, we should start using the 2 up top.