more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Taarabt

Started by Brown@FFC, August 27, 2013, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangoputney

Quote from: Thamesbank on August 28, 2013, 08:49:55 AM
personally very happy with Taarabt, who cares if he shoots from all over the place, I'd rather that than our normal tactic of trying to walk the ball into the net.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Burt

I've no problem with any player who is positive, looking to create chances, and prepared to have a go.

Roberty

He has the skill and seems to be prepared to dribble into the penalty area.

That gives two possible positive outcomes - a shot on goal or a foul for a penalty.

In which case he might score, someone might score from the rebound or Berbatov can step up and take a majestic penalty.

Of course he is going to be fairly tackled or there will be no score from the shot on occasions but the percentages must be in his favour.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

KingstonWhite

i mean if he plays like he has for the past 2 games, i personally as KW wouldn't mind signing him full time BUT it could be like what happened with Adebayor at Spurs... first season was good, second season was poor. as i personally know QPR fans are reading this forum as i typed up foolham on twitter to see them link other qpr fans to this page.. i'll say this... even if ade does well he'll want to sign for a bigger and better football club in us... then stay in the white city with 'arry's hoops marching along side Bobby 'row Z' and the injury table upfront. enjoy looking through the other forum messages ;) 

horse1031

i guarantee we lose that game without Taraabt.  He can change a game with his skill at anytime.  Berba can as well.  They will keep us up this year and out of trouble if they stay fit.

nose

strange thread.
we are clearly not reliant on taarabt, he isn't that good, he is a talented player that fails to engage the brain when playing.
Regarding shooting from range. It is usually the wrong thing to do because the vast majority of goals are scored inside the box and getting the ball into the penalty area is far more effective. Statistcally i believe around 85% of goals are scored within 8 yards of the goal line (I cannot guarantee that is the exact figure but i do believe it to be about that) and less than 10% of long range shots are successful. Jol's greatest success was to stop dempsey shooting from distance, he seemed to encourage him to drift in to the box and as a consequence his strike more than doubled. most of clint's goals were inside the box, and by restricting his desire to showboat with long range efforts we were able to keep possesion in the last third and deliver the ball into the box more dangerously.
If jol gets taarabt to do the same then we should see quite an improvement in the next few months.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 28, 2013, 05:20:14 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 27, 2013, 11:16:07 PM
To be fair, Taarabt tries to win games by himself so its usually gonna look that way. Guy prefers to shoot than pass whenever 30 yards or less from goal.
Damn right. Still. has the drive

Before age started draining ability, this is a characteristic we had in spades with the squad we had from Roy thru to the beginning of Jol's term. It's a characteristic that we're missing a little too much of these days.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Count Berbatov

Just to be clear, I hate chances being wasted, because someone decided to shoot from the halfway line. Plus Berbatov will scream at him bloody hell, so it's only a matter of time for Taarabt to learn. But I do enjoy him being a bit more direct.
Again, Berba will inform him promptly when that was the wrong thing to do. Till then, we have nothing to worry about
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Captain Fulhamerica

I think the fact that we were playing against a burton side that packed it in on us made it look like we were over reliant on taarabt. He seemed to be the only one willing to run at the defense and have a shot. Everyone else in the midfield seemed content to pass at around in front of their defense.

JackyFulham90

Really impressed with Taarabt so far although his best position is probably the number 10 position same as Ruiz & Berbatov

cottage cheese

I think he is a breath of fresh air..so what if he shoots when he has the chance? I would rather waste the ball having a go then watch us try to dribble through a defence and lose it time and time again (last season).

He is unpredictable which is in our favour!!

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 27, 2013, 11:04:08 PM
And our over reliance on Taarabt has begun.

Reading your last few posts it's apparent you're not happy. What I'd like to know is who do you feel is getting it right. Which club?

The Old Count

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on August 28, 2013, 05:57:04 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 27, 2013, 11:04:08 PM
And our over reliance on Taarabt has begun.

Reading your last few posts it's apparent you're not happy. What I'd like to know is who do you feel is getting it right. Which club?

Brown@ffc is actually Realistic reborn.  Welcome home O miserable one.

SmithyFFC

Still not sure about Taarabt, there is still a strong possibility he will ditch us and go back to QPR at the end of his loan spell...  :hook:
FTID

Texas White

Quote from: Burt on August 28, 2013, 09:40:52 AM
I've no problem with any player who is positive, looking to create chances, and prepared to have a go.

Only at fulham would people be complaining....

Enter the Frei

Quote from: fulhamben on August 27, 2013, 11:28:55 PM
Quote from: farfouille on August 27, 2013, 11:28:00 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 27, 2013, 11:23:54 PM
Quote from: farfouille on August 27, 2013, 11:18:17 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 27, 2013, 11:16:07 PM
Guy prefers to shoot than pass whenever 30 yards or less from goal.

You prefer a pass back to Riise?

Hey its not always a bad thing. Shooting when 30 yards from goal that is. I was talking about forward attacking passes.

I don't know, I like his shooting - we usually need more shots on goal. Some players are allowed to be selfish. :)
why cant it be the ones with a highier goal to shot ratio though

because the players with a high goal to shot ratio won't shoot from 30 yards. It's very low percentage football in terms of goals from possession.

RaySmith

Are people forgetting that Taarabt actually scored a  great goal  against Burton? - by dribbling through the Burton defence and shooting from a difficult angle. Our only goal  during normal time.

We really missed him when he went off.

AllyWhite

http://youtu.be/tk9p3Sid-mk

Seeing highlights of Taarabt on youtube, I don't see how is he "lazy" or "selfish". Thoughts?

Roberty

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 29, 2013, 01:54:32 AM
Still not sure about Taarabt, there is still a strong possibility he will ditch us and go back to QPR at the end of his loan spell...  :hook:

It was really good that Dembele gave an interview at the end of 2011/12 season to let everyone know he was not going to leave in the summer transfer window but stray on for another season.

The problem is that he forgot all about that before it got to the end of the transfer window.

It happens - we need to get used to it. I am sure we would all change jobs if a better offer landed in our laps.

Enjoy the moment.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Jack Fulham

Quote from: AllyWhite on August 30, 2013, 07:48:28 AM
http://youtu.be/tk9p3Sid-mk

Seeing highlights of Taarabt on youtube, I don't see how is he "lazy" or "selfish". Thoughts?

Taarabt has shown in his first few games to us that he isn't lazy. Selfish maybe but he hasn't had a lot of options due to our attacking movement or lack of. Youtube highlights aren't accurate though, they only take into account the best bits of a players career.