watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Taarabt

Started by Brown@FFC, August 27, 2013, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown@FFC

And our over reliance on Taarabt has begun.

Jack Fulham

To be fair, Taarabt tries to win games by himself so its usually gonna look that way. Guy prefers to shoot than pass whenever 30 yards or less from goal.

farfouille

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 27, 2013, 11:16:07 PM
Guy prefers to shoot than pass whenever 30 yards or less from goal.

You prefer a pass back to Riise?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Swiss72

But at least he tries to make things happen and carries the ball forward. We did not have this since Dembel left.
We just lack urgency and Adel seems to create some.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: farfouille on August 27, 2013, 11:18:17 PM

Hey its not always a bad thing. Shooting when 30 yards from goal that is. I was talking about forward attacking passes.

farfouille

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 27, 2013, 11:23:54 PM

Hey its not always a bad thing. Shooting when 30 yards from goal that is. I was talking about forward attacking passes.

I don't know, I like his shooting - we usually need more shots on goal. Some players are allowed to be selfish. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

fulhamben

Quote from: farfouille on August 27, 2013, 11:28:00 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 27, 2013, 11:23:54 PM

I don't know, I like his shooting - we usually need more shots on goal. Some players are allowed to be selfish. :)
why cant it be the ones with a highier goal to shot ratio though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

CanadianCottager

If you'll pardon me saying it, sounds dangerously like QPR last season...

fulhamben

Quote from: CanadianCottager on August 27, 2013, 11:29:58 PM
If you'll pardon me saying it, sounds dangerously like QPR last season...
no they needed him, i still think we have better options to start over him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ruiz11

Taarabt has been really impressive so far, working hard whilst showing his trademark flair. He seems really up for it and so far his apparent laziness has been nowhere to be seen. Who'd have thought that he would have already nailed down a starting place at LM considering the form of Kacaniklic at the end of last season? Unfortunately he seems to be injured now, but long may his form and hard work continue.

Bassey the warrior

To be fair, Taarabt tries to win games by himself so its usually gonna look that way. Guy prefers to shoot than pass whenever 30 yards or less from goal.

Remind you of a certain Texan?

HatterDon

Quote from: The Moose on August 28, 2013, 12:11:54 AM

Remind you of a certain Texan?

Yep, and that's a good thing. As several thousand people have noted over the years, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I have problems with Taarabt in terms of his attitude and locker room antics, but I love what I see on the pitch. He drives at people and opens holes in the defense. I much prefer this to side-ways backwards slow-slow slower MJSF.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

Damn right. Still. has the drive
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RaySmith

Yes, Taarabt has been a breath of fresh air for us - a Fulham player who takes  players on and goes for goal!

We certainly relied on this ability last night, and really missed him when he went off.

JBH

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 27, 2013, 11:04:08 PM
And our over reliance on Taarabt has begun.

Once again you are showing you ignorance, Taarabt is an individual player with skill to match, okay sometimes he over does it but then again so did a certain Rodney Marsh and some bloke called George Best!

We are not over reliant on him as you put its just that we now have a player that can make things happen and is not frightened to fail now and again.

Bassey the warrior

He will need to learn when to pass rather than dribble, but I have no problem with him being a bit selfish, I mean don't get carried away shooting when there's minimal chance of scoring but we need as many scorers as we can get.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: The Moose on August 28, 2013, 06:40:51 AM
He will need to learn when to pass rather than dribble, but I have no problem with him being a bit selfish, I mean don't get carried away shooting when there's minimal chance of scoring but we need as many scorers as we can get.

Shooting from range isn't too bad a tactic. The goalkeeper just has to spill it and we have Bent following up!

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on August 28, 2013, 07:57:10 AM
As Duff should have done against Arsenal. Hopefully Taarabt can mix it up a bit to keep the opposition guessing rather than our slow predictable build up play we served up last year.

Shooting from range isn't too bad a tactic. The goalkeeper just has to spill it and we have Bent following up!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The Equalizer

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on August 28, 2013, 07:57:10 AM

Not at all, but knowing when to shoot and knowing when to pass also helps. A lot.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Thamesbank

personally very happy with Taarabt, who cares if he shoots from all over the place, I'd rather that than our normal tactic of trying to walk the ball into the net.